tuscl

How far would you drive for a decent club?

bronco83
Maryland
I travel once or twice a year for business, and usually wind up near the Edison/Somerset area in NJ. As I like to unwind the first night and just relax, I have been trying to find a place with good reviews within a reasonable distance to where I am staying. Last time I was up there, I went to Go Go Rama based off existing reviews (which I did review later), which was about a 20 minute drive; but looking at some of the other reviews, I was wondering if there was somewhere else better, without having to drive to NYC, etc, so my question is, what would everyone consider a reasonable driving time/distance when in an area that is not your own - or you are unfamiliar with.

23 comments

• sclvr5005
    9 years ago
    I travel 4+ hrs each way to visit the happiest place on earth - the COI.
  • metaldude
    9 years ago
    45mins-1 hour is about my limit. Of course if I didn't have enough opportunities within that distance often enough then I could see myself go much farther.
  • pensionking
    9 years ago
    I will drive 90 minutes. I will even drive 2 hours for a sure thing. That's just me -- I am a PL.
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    The clubs I go to are an hour away, and they're a no-brainer. I have no idea how much farther I'd travel -- 2 hours each way, those clubs would have to be pretty fucking amazing. I might consider 2 hours if I could take the train, so at least the 4 hours of travel could be productive, otherwise, I don't think I would.

sclvr, what clubs do you like down there? I might do an LA trip in the next year
  • 72_os
    9 years ago
    What ever it takes
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    2 hours max drive.

But back in the 90's when I thought Tampa was the Alpha Dog, I used fly there about 4 times a year
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    The question should be, "How far would you drive for an indecent club?"
  • mjx01
    9 years ago
    Well... I drive almost 3hrs from home to my CF-club. However, in the case of when on travel, I usually would not drive more than 30 minutes to fit in some clubbing.
  • ArtCollege
    9 years ago
    when I lived in the middle of nowhere, I'd drive 2 hours with a buddy. (less boring to have someone to talk to). And when I had to be in Orlando I made the pilgrimage to Mons. Otherwise, about 30 minutes max.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    45 minutes max whether when I'm on travel or if I'm home. If I'm home, the club better be damn good for me to drive 45 minutes to get there.
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    Since I live within 45 minutes of some good clubs, that's my limit right now. Who knows what it would be if I lived someplace like WV.
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    30 minutes tops.
  • Timbuck12
    9 years ago
    It takes me about 40-45 minutes to get to Follies. Worth every second.
  • IHearVoices
    9 years ago
    I'm with Rick: I'm not driving more than half an hour, mainly because I'm not going to feel like making a long trip home (or to my hotel room).
  • rh48hr
    9 years ago
    My favorite clubs are 40-50 min from my house. I try to work sc trips in when I have to be as the cliche goes "in the neighborhood "
    But I will make the drive when I have an itch. The distance makes it easy to not go when I shouldn't.
  • lopaw
    9 years ago
    The furthest I'll go is just over an hour to Tropical Lei in Upland, Cali.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    I once drove seven hours to get to a strip club. What dancer in my life could possibly be worth a 7 hour drive?
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    I drive about 900 miles one way. Course, that's also my (kinda-sorta) annual vacation.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    one hour, possibly 1.5 hours if it was a lot of fun or I really enjoyed the view. longer than that and I really should consider staying the night to avoid the risk of falling asleep driving too long at night down boring roads.
  • pensionking
    9 years ago
    I should be at LAX on business in the near future. I'm debating between a first time trip to Tropical Lei in Upland, CA or HK in TJ. Both are quite far, but I am hoping to raise the bar from the typical LAX haunts. Drive over an hour to Upland for extras or drive 2.5 hours to check a couple off the ole bucket list. Tough call for me.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    When I have been out of town, 1 hour has been longest I have driven. At home the closest club is 30 minutes away and I won't go there. So it's 50 minutes(37 miles) to Follies in good traffic.
  • rbn1956
    9 years ago
    I go to Ruidoso, Nm. each summer. There is no SCs in the area and El Paso is the nearest city with SCs, that is a 2 hr drive. Make the trip ever 2 weeks, get a motel and spend the night playing with tits and pussy. Get a BJ before going back to the motel and in the morning go to an AMP before heading back to Ruidoso.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    1 hour max
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion