tuscl

Boys will be boys

JohnSmith69
layin low but staying high
Even though society is trying to make them all into girls

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-…

21 comments

• mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Those guys should be put on double-secret probation
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    I'm going to say this in all seriousness. If I had seen signs like those hanging out in the open when I dropped my daughters of at college, I would have been seriously pissed, for me as a father, and for my daughters as women. That reaction would have been mild compared to my wife's.

I hope their not-so-secret probation will help them grow up a bit, but I'm not optimistic.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    I think they're funny; it's a frat house, not a co-ed dorm. Yes, I'd compel them to take them down as they are somewhat vulgar, but suspending their charter? Please.
  • Meursault
    9 years ago
    Agree with rockstar666. This is just sad. College's are on the front lines of quashing free speech, which includes the right to offend. Make them take it down, then laugh it off.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
  • Meursault
    9 years ago
    *Colleges (we need a way to edit posts so ironic typos don't make us look even more stupider than we is)
  • sclvr5005
    9 years ago
    Given the climate on campuses about that kind of shit, it was an incredibly stupid thing to do.
  • crsm27
    9 years ago
    I would have to agree with what happened and they should have been suspended.

Like sclvr said.... with the climate and what has been happening with Frats on college campuses across the nation. They needed to be punished. It sends a message that this Fraternal Chapter doesn't put up with this shit.

• rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Jerry Seinfeld won't perform at colleges because they complain his jokes aren't PC. The first victim of the PC movement is comedy. College frat houses seem to be the second. Where in the Constitution does it say we have a right to not be mildly offended? It's not hate speech after all.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    ^^^ You don't realize that colleges are infested with libs? That libs determine what is or isn't PC..Maher and Moore are considered PC, even though they are trash talkers. Seinfeld probably made a joke about muslim radicals or why can't we say Merry Christmas. That's not PC
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Of course there is a liberal predisposition at most colleges; conservatisim is anathama to education. I don't consider PC a liberal or conservative trait. Both sides hate it; after all I'm one of the most liberal people who post here, and I can't stand the PC trend at all.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    I thought that it was funny. Odd that you can laugh at movies like "Animal House" but can't laugh at real life.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    "Freshman daughter drop off" and "Go ahead and drop off mom too."
    Funny signs--unless you're a parent dropping off your daughter.

The college can't deny anyone free speech, but it can suspend a fraternity for inappropriate behavior. No one has a right to be a fraternity recognized by a college, and suspending the fraternity is an appropriate reaction to such juvenal behavior.

Too many people cry about their "free speech" being violated when they are only being called out for their nasty and hateful speech. Free speech means that the government cannot stop you from expressing your ideas. It does not mean that you are free from the consequences of your stupidity.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Those guys were funny.....and stupid. That's why they deserve to be punished
  • lopaw
    9 years ago
    I thought the "Go ahead and drop off mom too." part was hilarious. But yeah it was stupid and yeah they'll get nailed for it.
  • pensionking
    9 years ago
    Fucking ridiculous. Nowhere is sex mentioned. Nowhere is rape even implied. What, freshman girls don't go to college for "rowdy fun"?? Is sex implied? Probably. But the banners, while in poor taste, hardly qualify as vulgar. Vulgar?? WTF is happening to this country?? I say, thanks for the warning. I'd tell my daughter -- under no circumstances go near THAT house.

Simple -- ask them to take the banners down. Educate them as to the rape-y vibe their ill-conceived messages imply, if you feel so. End of discipline. Suspend them? Kick them out of school?? Are you fucking kidding me??? Get a damn sense of humor. Why is every little transgression elevated to DatelineNBC defcon 1 status?
  • crsm27
    9 years ago
    I think if they would have left the front banner off and just had the ones of the "Freshman Daughter Drop off" and Drop the moms off too.... Would not has been as bad.

The Rowdy Fun and hope your baby daughter is ready for a good time.... was the one that ruined it.

I don't feel they need to be kicked off campus or out of school. Does the National Fraternity that they represent need to punish them.... yes. Does the school need to put a "probation" on that fraternity... yes. But that gets lifted once they complete some "classes" that talk about the "rape" culture sorounding fraternities and what not.

that is what is needed here.
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    I agree crsm27. "Suspension" should be just that, with a clear plan to returning to full participation in campus life; otherwise there is no learning that will happen.

I think that the national fraternity will also have some hard things to face.
  • gawker
    9 years ago
    In 1967 I was the president of my fraternity which was not recognized by the college. We bought an 8 bedroom, 4 bath house on the edge of the campus and raised Hell. It was so similar to Animal House it's spooky. One time during freshman orientation one of the members hung a bloody sheet in the front of the house bragging about the young woman he had deflowered the night before. That earned me a meeting with the Dean of Students who was enraged, but powerless. I made lots of promises for us to behave, but had a hard time fulfilling. To this day, I think the only way I graduated was by dating the Academic Dean's daughter and not impregnating her.
    The signs I at Old Dominion are funny but mildly offensive. Tough Shit.
  • Meursault
    9 years ago
    It is not a constitutional free speech issue (which I'm fairly certain no one has asserted), but it is anathema to the idea of free speech that colleges at one time fostered. I have a daughter in college (senior at a small liberal arts college in the Midwest) and honestly that sign doesn't bother me at all. I know where the fraternities are and the reputations of each of them and so does she. I agree that the college should make them take it down, but seeking punishment beyond that just illustrates how pathetic they have become.
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    As I suspected, the national fraternity has reacted strongly, issuing their own suspension pending further investigation. Coincidentally, they have another problem with a local fraternity chapter in Florida.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion