tuscl

The Evils of Smoking Weed

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Once again, there is proof that 'Reefer Madness' released in 1936 was correct.

Snoop Dogg's son, Cordell Broadus quit the UCLA football team before his career evrn got started.

Smoking weed makes you lazy and unmotivated. Stick.to booze, cocaine and speed like Lemmy.

61 comments

• rh48hr
    9 years ago
    Snoop's son decided to get into movies. Probably got on the football field and saw he had no future making millions in the nfl decided to use dad's celebrity to hopefully make bank in the film industry.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Wasn't there a NFL player who retired cause he'd rather smoke dope?
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    What a hilarious fucking movie. I'm high and started watching it at your recommendation. Gotta finish it with the DS. My favorite part so far is how they describe weed making you horny. What a bunch of dipshits. The part about incurable insanity being the inevitable result was pretty good too.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Some of the women in that movie are hot. I wanna fuck em, but that might be the weed talking, not sure.

This movie makes me wamna break the law. Good thing I'm paying a prostitute for sex tomorrow. And we are smoking lots of weed before we fuck. Weed makes me want to say fuck. Fuck fuck fuck fuck her.
  • metaldude
    9 years ago
    Ricky Williams was a Miami running back who retired at 26 after his 3rd failed drug test, but he came back a year later and failed again a 4th time the next year.
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    "Ricky Williams was a Miami running back who retired at 26 after his 3rd failed drug test, but he came back a year later and failed again a 4th time the next year."

Brilliant!

Let me guess, he was also a Rhodes scholar when he was playing college ball!
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    I just don't understand repeatedly failing drug tests! Lance Armstrong was able to Fool the drug tests for how many years? Ricky Williams should have sought out his inner Lance and found ways to get around the drug testing!
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    the issue is lance went to great lengths to hide his drug usage which were drugs made to hide their use.

ricky probably was smoking a joint while he was driving to his drug test
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Playing football is FAR more dangerous than smoking weed!!!! I'd say his son is a lot smarter than parents who encourage their kids to play football.
  • Mate27
    9 years ago
    Let's raise our children to smoke weed and sit on the sidelines.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    @meat: That's what I do! Football players are like soldiers: someone has to do it, but I'd just assume it be someone else. Killing people or getting brain diseases are not high on my list of things to do.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    I'm convinced that weed does make people dangerous and deranged. Maybe not right away, but eventually.

SJG
    https://sites.google.com/site/sjgportal/
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    SJG, you are full of shit as usual. Stick to AMPs and Mexican bar table dancing or whatever the fuck it is called. You have obviously never smoked weed if you think it leads to violence. If everybody smoked pot every day there would never be another war.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    I look at the long term effects of it in the people I know. They are freaky and completely out of it. They may seem benign, but that is only so long as they are kept placated and neutralized.

Sorry, your Dream Stripper has led you the wrong way on this one.

SJG
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Lmfao, SJG, is that why people riot? Cuz they ran out of weed? Lol.... You must know some weird people.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    You're starting to sound like Alucard
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    No, the riots have nothing to do with weed. Those are caused because people live in a world where they have no future.

What weed does is it makes people learn to live by dissociation. They will need more and more weed and need to have it more and more often. And many of them do go completely nuts. I see this in a contingent of persons all around me.

Wish I'd gotten to meet Alucard.

SJG
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Thats because you surround yourself with dregs. You work with L.E. Makes your perceptions skewed
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    I greatly aided LE in convicting a Pentecostal Daughter Molester, but that is as far as it goes. I don't surround myself with dregs, but I do have contact, and I don't see them as dregs. As long as someone is politically aware and trying to fight to redress injustice, they are no dreg.

But when someone accepts the message of innate moral defect, their political consciousness is neutralized. Alchohol, Drugs like Marijuana, and Born Again Christianity, are some of the main ways this is done to people.

SJG
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    I knew it. You must think The Walking Dead is a metaphor for Christians ravaging the countryside, trying to get everyone to convert. You worry too much
  • Mate27
    9 years ago
    Rockstar would be a great spokesperson for "the Pussification of America"! Go Bears! It's their year.
  • ilbbaicnl
    9 years ago
    Don't jump to conclusions. Maybe dad brought around too many girls gone wild, and he was too tired to practice. Could be it was not the bong glass but the woman's ass that was his downfall.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    SJG: You are seriously misinformed. Are you telling me I'm deranged or soon will be? you are an ignorant piece of shit.
  • jester214
    9 years ago
    He doesn't need the money or the fame and he was likely gonna ride the pine this year. What exactly would his drive to go bust his ass as a D1 athlete in a major sport be? I kinda doubt hard work and dedication were emphasized in the Broadus household.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Meat: If the Bears win 6 games I'd be amazed. I want what you're smoking!!!
  • ilbbaicnl
    9 years ago
    Jester do you think everyone in the music business who succeeds just has it handed to them? Or only the black people.
  • jester214
    9 years ago
    A reasonable person could accuse me of stereotyping the children of celebrities or maybe celebrities themselves.

But I'm sure it's easier to just suggest I'm a racist.
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    "Let's raise our children to smoke weed and sit on the sidelines."

Brilliant!

Seriously though, I'm not pro-weed but I suspect rockstar666 is right that you get a lot more brain damage from playing football than smoking week! Personally, I'd say no to both and play a sport with less potential for head injuries, but that's just me!
  • DoctorPhil
    9 years ago
    @mikeya02 “You're starting to sound like Alucard”

huh. i hadn’t noticed but now that you mention it…
  • Mate27
    9 years ago
    I played football until my early 20's, and basketball until my 30's where I suffered my biggest injury, and baseball in my youth. All told throughout the years not one bit of brain injuries and I got knocked around plenty! Weed will definitely slowly destroy your brain. It's just not as traumatic and well known like blunt force. My weed smoking days are slowly fading because I feel the side affects.

Everyone has to retire some day, and weed will play a much smaller role in my life, just as sports have. If anything football kept me away from the pot smoking druggies in my youth and taught me discipline, which is something free living hippies won't do.
  • pensionking
    9 years ago
    Weed is blunt force trauma. HAHAHAHA
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Watched all of Reefer Madness with the DS. Apparently that's where SJG gets his info on the perils of weed. But he did singlehandedly aid LE in convicting a Pentecostal Daughter Molester so there is that in his defense.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Meat: When we talk about brain damage from years of playing football, we're talking about a statistical fact in a population. Sure, lots of people live long healthy lives who played even pro football, but lots don't. I would never have told my son not to play, but I would have encouraged him to try hitting a baseball first. This is not the "pussyficaton of America; it's the voice of a concerned father. It's ironic he's into auto racing, which is not exactly a safe sport!

When you say you feel 'long term side effects from pot smoking' I question how you can distinguish it from the repeated impacts you absorbed while playing, and from practices. While long term studies of chronic pot smoking are few, the evidence suggests there's no link to anything harmful outside of weight gain from the munchies. The studies on ex-football players are legion, and the evidence is unmistakable that you live a shorter life and with more health problems.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Is any sport safe?

Overly concerned parents have pushed their millennials towards soccer (God save us all) and guess what? Concussions in soccer might be more severe. Studies show the Impact speed of a soccer ball being headed is 75 MPH while football tackling is 25 MPH
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Next 11 states to legalize pot.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/busi…
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    People use marijuana, enough of it and for long enough, they do go nuts. I see it around me everyday.

We don't need people sitting on the sidelines, we need people involved and engaged. otherwise our entire society will be something like living dead or born again Christians. Marijuana is only an escape, and we already have too much escapism without it.

SJG

Donald Trump, a clown
    http://www.democracynow.org/2015/8/19/pr…
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    SJG: "People use marijuana, enough of it and for long enough, they do go nuts. I see it around me everyday."

You hang out with pot smokers in your basement? Or do you work in a clinic?

I'm around chronic pot smokers every day and they're all normal people. They have good jobs, good families and are as rational as my non-smoking friends. How is it you're surrounded by mentally challenged pot smokers?
  • ime
    9 years ago
    Sjg only has virtual or second hand experiences.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    Marijuana promotes dissociation. People come to need it to function, just as many do with alcohol. But with marijuana it is not so much a physical addiction, it is a psychological addiction.

I know countless people who show the long term effects of this. Maybe marijuana was not the start of their troubles, but it certainly made their problems worse.

I would be very skeptical of someone who has any real responsibilities or who every has to employ any judgment, who is currently psychologically addicted to it.

For someone to be able to make good judgments they need to be in touch with their feelings. It is not that much different from what Buddhism teaches as Mindfulness. Someone who values Mindfulness would have zero interest in Alcohol, Drugs, Born Again Christianity, or Psychiatric Medication.

Using marijuana is not just a political stance, it is a decision one has made about how they are going to relate to their own emotions. As such, the people who use it are different from the people who do not. It does effect how they will relate to situations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mindfulnes…

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    When people become accustomed to using marijuana they lose interest in continuing to educate themselves, they lose interest in their own spiritual development, and they are no longer interested in surfacing repressed feelings. So if you deal with them, you are dealing with someone who is not all there.

SJG
  • DoctorPhil
    9 years ago
    ^^^^^ so you are saying that your mother started YOU on weed to ween you off the breast milk.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    I've had to deal with pot heads for my entire adult life. Maybe in some situations they can maintain a façade. But that can only go so far. Learning to live in one's own skin is a life's work. When someone does not even want this, it shows and it effects how the do things.

SJG
  • DoctorPhil
    9 years ago
    no need to keep repressing your feelings san_jose_guy. what was it? did your ex-mail order bride get into your stash? is that it? is that why you are so angry at her? well get over it. remember “property is theft”. it never was YOUR weed in the first place.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    DoctorPhil, are you high right now? Or is this just what happens when one uses enough marijuana, that they are always the way you are right now.

It is like that with alcohol, once one drinks enough for a long enough time, they are always nuts.

SJG
  • DoctorPhil
    9 years ago
    that's it. go ahead and lash out. those are your repressed emotions trying to see the light of day.

it is OK to be angry. you've discovered that everything you've ever thought, believed and worshiped has been one great big fairy tale spun out of hole clothe in a marijuana smoke filled hippy yurt.

let it out. smoke another doobie if that will help. it must be devastating to realize your entire existence has been a complete and utter waste. i feel for you dude
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    See what I mean, people who try to solve the problems of life with marijuana, as DoctorPhil seems to be one of, just keep getting nuttier and nuttier as they need more and more of it.

With some it never goes this far. And some are able to stay closeted. But if you want to see what marijuana can do, just look at DoctorPhil.

SJG
  • DoctorPhil
    9 years ago
    does someone need a hug?
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Hey SJG, guess what pot smokers do? They rent dvd's, watch Netflix, buy movie tickets, go to concerts, attend amusement parks, buy and read books, appreciate art, discuss the meaning of life, laugh, etc.

Compared to you preaching intolerence and hate for what other people like to do. Google earthing everything like a stalker. Repeating yourself like a tweaker. Go away.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    There's some on this page I'm going to be sharing hugs with, or at least with one's just like them.

SJG
    https://sites.google.com/site/sjgportal/…
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    Another example, mikeya02, opposed to eyes open living, instead wanting a tune out.

Why? Well if he uses marijuana, that has made him psychologically dependent on approaching life that way.

SJG
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    ^^^ actually it's being opposed to being a non factual preacher with a stick up his ass. You must have a shitty job if all you see is dregs.
  • Estafador
    9 years ago
    I smell a bunch of right winged nut jobs on this thread
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    I smell some pretty good bud right now
  • ilbbaicnl
    9 years ago
    @Jester if you feel the need to insult people for no particular apparent reason best to target white people since other minorities have already had more than their fair share of that crap.
  • jester214
    9 years ago
    I had a very particular reason; explaining why he quit football. There was little in it for him and it would have taken a lot of hard work with a big chance of failure. Given that he was raised with a silver spoon by a man who has built an image around how much weed he can spoke and what a literal pimp he is, I don't think it's a long shot to speculate about his upbringing.

I understand that went over your head. Resort to Al/Jesse tactics and just call me a racist because you don't like that I said something about a person who happened to be a minority.

• rockstar666
    9 years ago
    SJG said, "When people become accustomed to using marijuana they lose interest in continuing to educate themselves, they lose interest in their own spiritual development, and they are no longer interested in surfacing repressed feelings. So if you deal with them, you are dealing with someone who is not all there."

This is the stupidest thing you've yet posted, plus it's very insulting. Especially about spiritual development. You are a complete ass wipe to suggest people who smoke pot aren't as holy as you would wish. Who appointed you the deity of the day anyway??? You lack even the basic knowledge of what you're talking about; your ignorance is appalling!

Blanket statements are frequently frought with error, and yours is a perfect example of that. I'd put you on ignore except you SO badly need input fromn those better educated than you that it wouldn't be my Pagan duty to at least try and open your mind a bit.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    rockstar666,

Again, I've had to deal with potheads my entire life. They are gone and worthless. I've worked with them. It does effect them. It doesn't happen quickly, it takes decades. If someone wants self awareness and continuing and deepening self education, then the last thing in the world they would want is mood altering chemicals like marijuana.

When you deal with someone whose life has come to revolve around things like alcohol or marijuana, then you are dealing with someone who does not want to take any hard looks at themselves or their experience. As such, they are going to be a problem anytime more is expected of them. They are also going to try and bully you into thinking that their way is right, so that they don't have to take any hard looks at themselves. It is not that much different from someone addicted to Born Again Christianity, it is an escape system.

We tried in this country to handle alcohol via prohibition. It didn't work and it was extremely unpopular. And then in the decades afterwards, alcoholism was extremely common. Being able to drink everyday, or to sip sip sip all day long was considered the good life.

But today, things have changed. Someone who depends on using alcohol to hold their reality together is seen as having a problem.

Up until recently we've tried to handle marijuana with something like prohibition. Now this seems to be starting to change.

But I am convinced that eventually people will see that when someone is using it to hold their reality together, a psychological addiction, then that is a bad thing and that such a person should be looked at with suspicion, in terms of how they relate to people and situations, and as to the quality of judgment they will use.

It is not just that they may be intoxicated during certain hours of a day or week. Rather, it is that their psychic structure has come to depend upon this. It is how they deal with their own pain, rather than facing it directly and seeing what is under it.

So you might ask, are their any escapes that I go for? Well in a way, I do mindfulness meditation and meditations based around creating the vision of what sort of a future I want to build. I also practice tantric sex. This latter is one of the best ways of making a shared spiritual journey with another person.

Are these the same as alcohol or marijuana? I don't think so, because for me it is about feeling your feelings, and then learning to do that, to be present, 24 hours per day.

You don't find this sort of presence in most people. And you certainly don't find it in people who are addicted to mood altering chemicals.

Mikeya02, I have contact with those who are rejected by our society and pushed to the margins, but I don't consider them as 'dregs'. Rather, I know that everyone wants to do well. So if you find people who aren't, then you can know that there has got to be something somewhere back which has destroyed their social legitimacy.

More often than not this is familial child abuse. But when not this, it is the familyism which our society uses to promote lies and to delegitimate.

So either way, when people learn to feel their feelings and be able to face the truth, then they have revolutionary potential. Frantz Fanon, deviating from Marx, was clear that the lumpen proletariat, those rejected from family and clan because of capitalism, has this ability.

But when their political consciousness is destroyed, by things like alcohol, drugs, Born Again Christianity, or psychiatric medication, then they are lost. While I don't have anything personal against them, I'm not ever going to be persuaded by their arguments that escapism is better.

SJG
    https://sites.google.com/site/sjgportal/…

Mitch Landrieu, Mayor of New Orleans, last white mayor since his father from 1970 to 1978. Mitch ran against two black candidates and got 90% of the black vote.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitch_Land…

This video
    http://www.theatlantic.com/video/index/4…

And then The Atlantic has a lengthy article about Landrieu and New Orleans.

The personality and openness reminds me of Mario Cuomo.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    I have a lot of experience with gravy drinkers. It makes them lazy, shiftless, and unproductive. It makes them just sit at their computers all day posting billions of trivial, meaningless words. Also makes them violent when somebody takes their gravy away.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    SJG's verbose post can be summed up rather eloquently: People who are fucked in the head shouldn't smoke pot if they can't handle it. On this we agree, although there's a part of me that thinks a few bowls would do him more good than harm.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    "People who are fucked in the head shouldn't smoke pot if they can't handle it. "

No, this is not what I said. I've never said anything like that.

Yes, I do know people who are major trouble makers, and marijuana has been a part of how they got that way. But I am also talking about people who live normal lives and who don't get into any sorts of trouble.

If you want people who are in touch with their feelings and engage with situations, then you won't be wanting people who use drugs.

" there's a part of me that thinks a few bowls would do him more good than harm"

And this is exactly the problem when dealing with pot heads. They think that tune out and escapism are the way to respond to situations. They opt for this, instead of awareness and engagement. So they will be a liability in both employment and residential situations.

SJG
  • ilbbaicnl
    9 years ago
    @Jesrite I can't read your mind I'm just pointing how it looks. Usually when people are successful in the music industry they have to put in a lot of hard work. So when you call him lazy and say he's raising his kids to be lazy, and he happens to be black, it looks like what it looks like. Especially in contrast to a white buffoon who's being take seriously as a presidential candidate just because he was BORN with the silver spoon in his mouth and got richer.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion