tuscl

O.T. Trinitrotoluene

Many years ago in conjunction with my seismic doings in the oil patch I learned how to handle dynamite - TNT. I have been entranced by the stuff ever since. I LIKE explosions. I like doing fireworks shows for my Canada Day BBQs. This weekend I am planning to remove a couple of tree stumps in my yard. I could dig them out with a bucket attachment on my tractor but blasting them will be so much more fun.

EE- yah!

14 comments

• motorhead
    9 years ago
    You have much more fun in Canada than we do in the good ol' US of A

We can't even order fries cooked in trans fats or large sodas in New York and you get to play with dyn-o-mite.

• rockstar666
    9 years ago
    How do you get TNT? I actually know how to make it....but no idea how to buy it.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    I guess that it is not hockey season. :)
  • farmerart
    9 years ago
    I guess that I should have been a bit more serious. I have kept my dynamite licence current for all these years and my company is an approved purchaser. There are many legitimate uses for TNT in the oil patch. I have all the necessary brass implements. Everything will be legal and safe.

Still and all, it will be fun for me.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    I would love to blow up some stumps with TNT. But it would probably annoy my neighbors.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    There are some old houses in Detroit that farmerart would be more helpful than Bob Villa
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Well now we know how Farmer gets rid of gophers......
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    When I was growing up in Ontario, we used to love, I mean LOVE playing with 3- and 4-inch Canon Crackers. One of my friends had a Dad with a welding shop and his father had made a 5-foot tube with one closed end with a pair of handles. Dang! Put a pair of 4-inches down the pipe with lit fuses and drop a dirt ball or stone after them and that sucker would fly! Then the go-gooder would be mamas outlawed anything bigger than a skinny 2-inch, and finally, the little "lady fingers".

BTW, did you know if you squeeze a lady finger hard between your thumb and fore finger, it will just flare out the end? I wonder if that would work with a 4-inch cannon cracker......

Maybe outlawing those things wasn't such a bad idea after all... ;-)
  • farmerart
    9 years ago
    No more stumps.

DAMN !!......that was fun. Way more fun than shooting guns.

• PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    We also know how Farmerart fishes.

Dynamite -- Y'know, that could make for a real interesting 2am report. Just please make sure the club's worthy of it though.
  • ilbbaicnl
    9 years ago
    @Art do you wait till there's a stray cat or a squirrel sitting on the stump just to kick it up a notch?
  • farmerart
    9 years ago
    @ilbbaicnl,

Come out to my place and sit on a stump. I'd be happy to give you a shot at the buzz of your life. It would be delightful if you had a lapful of cats with you on the stump. No squirrels, though, I have no beefs with those cute, hard working little buggers.
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    "@ilbbaicnl,

Come out to my place and sit on a stump. I'd be happy to give you a shot at the buzz of your life. It would be delightful if you had a lapful of cats with you on the stump. No squirrels, though, I have no beefs with those cute, hard working little buggers."

???
  • ilbbaicnl
    9 years ago
    Now we know why Canadians are so anti-gun. Guns just give a false sense of security to people who have no TNT.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion