Dancer profiles are now available! Free VIP for dancers, apply now. More info

Advertisement
Front Room

Independent Contractors...

mjx01
mjx01VIP422362

Aspiring Global Hound

11 yrs ago · 1 min read

Why does the gov want you to be an employee and not an independent contractor: taxes. (and penalties for "miss-classification")

Replies (7)Latest

Profile picture for jackslash
jackslash
•

These laws also protect employees from unscrupulous employers who want to avoid their obligations under labor laws. Employers have certain duties such as paying minimum wage, time & 1/2 for over time, etc. They are also responsible for paying the employer portion of social security taxes. These are things all employees should care about.

Profile picture for gawker
gawker
•

I spent 10 years working as an independent contractor for a quasi-governmental agency. I wonder if I'd have any legal recourse for the missed benefits and the FICA which I paid. Any lawyers out there want this one?

Profile picture for Otto22
Otto22
•

Government doesn't care. It just wants taxes and it is harder to collect the taxes from independent contractors. That's all there is to it.

Profile picture for ilbbaicnl
ilbbaicnl
•

Otto nailed it.

Profile picture for bubbaloo
bubbaloo
•

The government can't stand individual thinkers. It's all about control, and money.

Profile picture for rockstar666
rockstar666
•

We've all read how strippers are suing to be reclassified as employees, and when the club rules are onerous they have won. The rules at my club are extensive; the girls have lots of hoops to jump through. I think the industry is changing, albeit slowly. It's not like club owners can't afford to treat dancers like employees; they just like to cheat on their taxes as much as they imagine they can get away with.

Profile picture for Mate27
Mate27
•

It's Obama's fault.

Join the conversation

Sign in to reply to this discussion.

Advertisement