tuscl

Going to Metro Detroit area for the first time - Recommend me a few clubs to try

Lived in Michigan for 28 years, but never ventured down to the Metro Detroit area to check out the clubs. The last 9 years I've lived all over the USA. I'll be back in Michigan for vacation soon, and I was looking for a few clubs in the Metro Detroit to try out for a great time. Prefer daytime due to safety concerns. Any clubs in particular? Any days in particular? Make some suggestions and I'll check out the reviews from there.

9 comments

• jackslash
    9 years ago
    My favorites: Penthouse, Flight Club, Coliseum, Landing Strip, Subi's.
  • bvino
    9 years ago
    Daytime is pretty quiet across the board.Landing Strip can be dead until 3o'clock on. likewise for Criket and Flight club. Flight club and Criket are safe at night . Henrys and Bogart's can get a little rowdy and both allow, and get, a lot of smoking. If you are looking for mileage, all the clubs will have someone or some ones. Cheaper at Landing Strip and Crikets than Flight club. Penthouse is the most expensive but you can bargain. Coliseum is further out and comparable to Penthouse. Henrys and Bogart's are also interchangeable.
  • warhawks
    9 years ago

If you are Eastside, Coliseum and Players (8mile).

If you are by the airport, Flight Club (Michigan Ave)

If you are Westside, Penthouse (8mile)
  • samsung1
    9 years ago
    Penthouse is my favorite but for cheap thrill try Bogarts or henry thr viii south
  • Tiredtraveler
    9 years ago
    Go to Inkster. You have Flight Club, Bogarts, Silver Cricket and Henry VIII all close together and it is a safer area than 8 Mile.
    Penthouse is the highest end and the most expensive but not much more than Flight Club (own by the same guy)
    Check out the reviews for the type of club you want. To consort with "low women" and a blue collar club Bogarts or Henrys are your best bet. Cricket and Landing Strip is a step up then you go to the higher clubs, Penthouse, Flight Club, Coliseum. Never been to Subi's Place but think is similar to the Cricket.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    Dearborn/inkster (by airport): flight Club and BTs Dearborn.

8 mile east: colesium/players

8 mile west (near Southfield): penthouse

Downtown: legends (new club, verdict still out on this one)

I'm a white guy driving around at night with a rental car with out of state plates and I've had no problem on 8 mile. You'll be fine at night, you can always take a cab or über as well.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    I've only been in Detroit once for about 5 days on a SC trip – I drove all over the place including the black hoods since I'm into black dancers and thus hit the all-black clubs (and I'm white).

I did not have any issues – it's not as if I saw gangs hanging out in all corners of Detroit waiting to shoot and kill you as soon as you stopped at a light – and most of the non-black clubs seem not to be in the hood or are at least on major streets and have valet parking.

If you don't like SCing at night; then that's one thing – but don't limit your fun b/c you think you will automatically be victimized by going to SCs at night.

Having said this – one should always be aware of their surroundings especially when walking out of a SC late at night – but that would apply to pretty much any major city.
  • georgebailey
    9 years ago
    Echo tiredtraveler
    Subis like Criket
  • MrDeuce
    9 years ago
    I'm not a "posh gentlemen's club" kind of guy. I like:
    Henry's (Inkster) on Monday ($10 dances ==> many dancers)
    Bogart's on Tuesday (ditto)
    Silver Criket any day
    I've been to all three both afternoon and evening -- no worries.
    The next club I would try is Subi's. I *hated* Henry's South (in Southgate).
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion