tuscl

Money Can Buy Happiness

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Yesterday I had the best strip club visit of my life. I was in the mood to party, and so were the strippers. Dancers and shot girls crowded around me, and I bought them drinks and shots. (Normally I tell the shot girls to go the hell away). The dancers laughed and joked and stroked my ego (and other things.) I finished the day with fun trip to VIP with a busty blonde. When I returned home, I totaled up the cost, and found I had spent nearly twice what I typically spend. Money can buy happiness.

23 comments

• motorhead
    9 years ago
    It sure the hell can. All those people that say it can't have never been to a strip club
  • UKfan
    9 years ago
    I could have told you that.
  • Tiredtraveler
    9 years ago
    The only people who say "money can't buy happiness" are people looking to steal your money like preachers and politicians.
    Just try being happy without any money.
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    Brilliant finding!
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Awesome story jackslash...busty brunettes make me happy too!
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Money can't buy happiness, but it sure as hell can buy opportunity. It's up to us to find happiness within ourselves.
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    Money can't buy happiness. BUT you can rent it for a while!
  • chandler
    9 years ago
    It can but it usually doesn't. Some of my best strip club visits have been when I spent very little money. The times when I've spent the most, it's been because I was more reckless, not because it made me happier.
  • warhawks
    9 years ago

You are only as loyal as opportunities you have.

And money can get you a whole lot of opportunities.
  • bvino
    9 years ago
    Research into this question indicates that money does buy happiness up to about $150,000.00 per year. After our creature comforts are met, and a few extras, money doesn't seem to increase happiness. The increasing anxiety about losing your money intersects with how much you have and cancels out the effect at higher rates. In most peoples lives a few extra thousand does buy happiness.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    @bvino: $150K? I wouldn't have everything I want on less than around $2 million a year. You can imagine just how deprived I must be now!
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    Money can't buy happiness, but you can rent it.

They say spending money on experiences gives greater pleasure than buying things.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Remember the news story a few weeks when CEO of the credit card processing raised the wages of all of his employees to $70,000?

He chose that figure based on a well-known Princeton study that "emotional well-being" rises with income -- but only to an extent. Which is around $75K
  • bvino
    9 years ago
    I saw the same story but inflated the figures for those who blow $75,000.00 a year in "tips".
  • Diva1975
    9 years ago
    I'm glad you had fun jack! I agree try being happy with no money - impossible
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    I think 75K seems a little low too

I would say $150,000 is more in the true ball park.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Remember when NBA player Latrell Sprewell felt an offer of $14 million was "insulting".

"I gots my family to feed"
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    For a single childless person 70k is probably enough that the downsides of being broke are gone, and said person gas enough money to have some fun.

For those.of us in expensive cities, 70k doesn't go nearly as far as those of you in areas the median home price is $150K.
  • beguiled
    9 years ago
    I'd give away my last $100 bill for a BBBJCIMWS.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    I have a t-shirt of a hunting dog with game in it's mouth. The caption reads "Happiness is a bitch with a cock in her mouth". I can buy that. :)
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Some will say money can't buy happiness but the lack of it can sure make you miserable
  • mjx01
    9 years ago
    It depends on your definition of happy. Sure you're happy after some special time with your CF, but that doesn't last.

It is hard to be happy when you have no money, because you are miserable about not having money. Above a certain amount, more money doesn't gain you much more in happiness.
  • seaboardrr
    9 years ago
    If you aren't happy to begin with money won't fix it. It's like giving a drunk a drink. Doesn't fix the issue. Just makes it seem to go away for a short time. Now if you're already happy then money can buy plenty of happy experiences. More money can buy even more experiences. Without happiness and memorable experiences what's the point of living? $70K seems rather low. $150K seems like a nice happy place but really that's just $2884/wk. I wouldn't turn it down but it's not a "set for life" kinda income. The problem most people have is the keeping up with the joneses syndrome. If you have control then you could easily have a ton of happy experiences and still have plenty of SC $$$ left over.

Of course, none of y'all are married to mrs sea. If I let her she'd spend $1000 a night in a SC.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion