tuscl

Strip Club forgiveness policies

Monday, April 6, 2015 8:39 AM
What's your policy on "strip club forgiveness?" I'll clarify. Let's say you give a club a couple of tries, and your experience is boring or frustrating (for example, you don't find the dancers attractive, prices are out of line, no real action, etc.). Or you have a negative experience with a manager or bouncer (not a dancer since you can always move on to another stripper). How long do you wait till you give the club another try? I realize that the severity of the experience, cost of entry (if any) or proximity of the club will play a part. Generally, what's your criteria for giving the club a chance to win you back as a customer?

32 comments

• georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    3 months.
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    none. if i dont like it i never return.
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Depends on what happened. I may read reviews later to see what is happening there. Managers change. Clubs hire new girls, more or less attractive. Clubs may have LE breathing down their neck and girls may not be as friendly for a while.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    There are some clubs close to where I live that always have sucked and always will so I never go to them and never will be back. If I've been somewhere and had a good time in the past but maybe my last few visits have been bad I will always give it another shot if I have already exhausted my other club options for the night. In certain cities I will occasionally go to bad clubs because I have no other options other than sitting in my hotel room. there are some clubs that "sitting in my hotel room" is actually althe best option.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    I dunno. I've sworn that I would never go back to certain clubs again but eventually have changed my mind and given them another try. So far I have not gone back to the Atlanta Cheetah in 12 years.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    There are a lot clubs I've never given a second chance to. It just depends on what my other clubbing options are at the time. Usually though if I want to give it another chance, then maybe like a few months.
  • chandler
    9 years ago
    After two strikes, I wouldn't give it another try unless I heard that it had changed for the better. Some clubs are so bad that I'd never believe it if I heard it.
  • sclvr5005
    9 years ago
    If its an issue with a stripper I'll try again in a few months, since strippers are migratory and chances are she'll be gone when I return. If the issue is with a staff member then I will never return, unless the club has a new owner and a new staff.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I went to Godiva's maybe 10 or 15 years ago. I never went back. A club between Greenville and Spartanburg went from all nude to putting it on the side room on a tiny stage near the floor and not having regular dancers. I visited about 3 times with the 3rd time a terrible visit. I never went back again. No longer nude either. Now if I heard the club went back to nude dancing in the main club, I would reconsider visiting again especially if it was byob again as well. So far after 2 or 3 management changes, no nudity and I haven't been back.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    If the issue is dancer quality, 3 to 6 months is plenty for enough turnover to give another shot. If it's prices or management, those issues can linger. It also depends on convenience. The club closest to your house will get more leeway than one 40 minutes away.
  • tobala
    9 years ago
    6 months if its local or in my travel lanes. If not then never
  • impala
    9 years ago
    Really depends on what else is in the area. Have some clubs I will never return to because there is just a lot better ones in the area. There are others that I check out every time I'm around just because there is just nothing else to do.
  • mroo
    9 years ago
    If it was ever any good, two years. If it still sucks after that, two more years. If it was never any good, never.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Chandler has a good general policy. Two strikes and the club is out unless there's good reason to suspect that there's been a significant change.
  • canigetlaid
    9 years ago
    i dont have a time frame. my area has less than a handful of legal clubs within an hour radius. i just charge it to the game when the clubs iN my area arent doing it for me. The vibe of the club does make me hesitate when concerning going back. I think the only thing to make me totally not go to a club would be if its totally unsafe or management are total assholes. Havent experience that yet. I just know if i dont go on a consistant basis my pl card can eadily be revoke.
  • DandyDan
    9 years ago
    If it's just bad dancers, I give it a couple months, but if it's bad management or a legal situation, that can go on for years.
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    Depends totally on why ... If it's the quality of the girls, but I like the club and the pricing, I'll go back early and often, until I either convince myself that the lineup is hopeless (in which case, I'll return in a few months to re-check it), or I will ferret out the few pretty girls, get their phone #s, and just arrange appointments with them. I just need one hot girl per trip, so if the club is otherwise good, I'm like the terminator: I will find the hot girl. That's what I do. That's all I do. :) If it's pricing, I will likely not return until prices change. If it's management/bouncers, I'll play it by ear.- I find a little glad-handing -- or more likely, buying a few shots here and there, giving a tip here and there -- can make any problem I have with staff completely disappear
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    I’m def not a homer when it comes to clubs – i.e. I like variety and not hitting the same club too soon after I’ve visited. I’ll often revisit a club that was just “ok” in about 3 months’ time or so just out of curiosity to see if by chance I can run into “Ms Right” – and if I found a club a waste of time then it’ll be b/w 6 and 12 months b/f I pop my head(s) in to see how it’s doing. I don’t mind visiting a club that I may not be sure about; for a couple of reasons: + I’m single w/o an S.O. or kids; so I have a lot of flexibility w/ my free time and is not that big a deal if I have a bad night b/c I can hit the clubs again the next late-afternoon or evening – i.e. it’s not as if “I gotta make my visits count” per se + clubs in my area usually close at 5:00 a.m. (and some 6:00) – so I can always try a club and leave and hit another club (or 2) all in the same night
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    I will add 1 more comment to all of this... I have been in total shit hole clubs in the middle of nowhere, where I know I'll probably regret it even before I turn off the engine to my car... but I had met one dancer that I either got some over the top dances from or just had a nice conversation with for awhile, making that trip worth it... but yeah, had she not been in there I'd never go in that dump again! lol
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    Depends on a number of things. For starters, I cannot remember the last time I ever had a specific problem with club staff, so I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. When I avoid a club, it is almost always because: (1) there is something seriously wrong with the talent; or (2) the place is a tourist trap/ripoff joint. There are places like this that I visited 5+ years ago that I still won't go back to. More often though, in less severe situations, I will give it a few months or so, especially if the pickings are slim in that particular area. However, if there are several other good clubs in the area, or even just a few that I enjoy a lot, then I might avoid a club where I had a bad experience for a much longer timeframe.
  • whodey
    9 years ago
    I live in an area (Cincinnati) that doesn't provide a wide variety of choices so it is difficult to completely write off a club permanently. The time period depends on type and severity of the problem. 1) Quality of Talent - a few weeks if there are decent looking girls that just aren't my style to a few months if they are plain fugly. 2) Price - a couple of months if they are just too high for the area or talent to a year or more if they are just completely overpriced. 3) Non-Dance Staff - never come across a situation with a manager/bouncer/dj/bartender that was bad enough to keep me away from an otherwise good club. 4)Hustle - generally just try to find a different shift to avoid overly aggressive drink hustle unless it gets to the point that the "buy me a drink hustle" is so overbearing that it gets in the way of enjoying the dancing and then I generally avoid the club for more than a year. 5) Air dances - I'll try a variety of dancers on different days and shifts and if they are all air dances I will occasionally check TUSCL to see if things have changed and stay away until a few reviews show significant improvement.
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    A few months would suffice. Now there are clubs I would never visit a second time.
  • mjx01
    9 years ago
    How quickly I black list a club depends on why that club got black listed. There are several clubs I black listed after one visit (a sickening amount of smoke, felt unsafe). Some clubs have only made it two or three visits (bad management, or pricing schemes). I try hard to vote with my wallet and only spend money in 'better' clubs. Once I've black listed a club, pretty much only a change in ownership/management can justify another test run.
  • warhawks
    9 years ago
    I very rarely ever go back to a club that I've had a bad experience at. And by bad experience, I usually mean the girls were of very low quality. I'll visit a shit hole dive club if they have hot girls. But 99.9% of the time, the dive clubs just don't have any quality dancers. They all move to the higher end clubs if they have the "it" factor.
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    Considering my strip club visits are pretty much on an annual/semi-annual basis, blacklisting a club's almost pointless for me. But there have been a couple of times that I've avoided a club or two for a few years because of problems with a dancer, they're just way over-priced for their market (IMO), or the place is just too much of a shit hole to make it worth the drive.
  • SuperDude
    9 years ago
    I'll wait six months and go back. If there is no improvement, it'll be years before I go again.
  • Dolfan
    9 years ago
    For me, its more about the performance/availability of alternatives. If I had a shitty time at a club and there's nearby alternatives I won't go back to the one I had a shitty time at until I have a similarly shitty time at the other clubs. Another major factor is potential. If a club has potential, I'm more likely to forgive a poor performance quicker. I suppose there's also the clubs history, a club with one bad visit in the last 20 isn't going to be out of rotation as long as one that had 3 bad visits in the past 3. In other words, there's a bunch of factors. I've had a shitty time & been back the next day; hell, I've left one club and tried another only to return to the first an hour later. I've also had a just okay time and not been back until the club changed hands.
  • DandyDan
    9 years ago
    One other thing for me is if the club in question is more than an hour away, I'll likely go back regardless of how bad it was before. OTOH, I won't necessarily visit my next time through the area.
  • Eagle1191
    9 years ago
    2-3 months for a local club as they might have changes in that time or theres more reviews by then to show there was a change or it's still bad.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    To add to my prior post – I tend to visit “iffy” clubs when I’m kinda bored and not really in the mood to visit a club that is more on my regular rotation – so I go check out an “iffy” club out of curiosity/recon.
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    @Papi_Chulo: I'm right there with you on visiting "iffy" clubs. There's one downtown that I get the impression my be worthwhile ifninwas to invest the time. It's just that it's more expensive than most others here, and while there have been bright spots, the general lack of talent and its out of the way location make it a stop on the way home rather than a primary visit.
  • ujay
    9 years ago
    I live in the Philly/south Jersey area that is saturated with strip clubs. A particular club, DDTR, which provides high mileage behind close curtains, pissed me off by charging me twice for admission on the same day. As much as I like the high mileage and FS that it provides, I have taken it out of rotation for six months. I have decided to vote with my wallet. Strippers gravitate to where the money is. If there is no enough money, they begin to rotate to surrounding clubs. I have met some of them in surrounding clubs. As a matter of fact, I have decided to visit other DD around.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion