tuscl

ST PATTY'S DAY CIVVIE CHICKS

rattdog
New York
in your neck of the woods do you notice the following?

on st patty's day i new york there are like tons of hotties in the street and bars. these girls though you only see once a year on that particular day. i'm always wondering - where the fuck are they hanging out during the other 364 days in the year? if these girls were to work at the clubs i frequent, well shit- i'd be going 4-5 days a week.

28 comments

• GACA
    10 years ago
    In ATL st. Patties day. There were so many hot females I thought I was in LA again. Yes it did make me wonder where the hell these ladies are hiding the rest if the year; however, it a simole matter of conversion . You see there are hot women dispersed all over, we go out we see one or two at the bar, maybe another at the grocery store, but never all at once at the same time at the same place until holiday celebration like st patties day.
  • AnonymousJim
    10 years ago
    There are two days (white) women feel it's safe to go out, drink heavily and be slutty: St. Patrick's Day and Halloween. Fittingly, they're nearly half a year apart from each other.

Otherwise, I think they only tend to go out if it's an occasion for someone in the group: Birthday, bachelorette party, etc. So different groups go out at different times, not en masse like they do for those two holidays.

I didn't have a lot of success at bars. Women who go to bars to do St. Patrick's Day-caliber volume-drinking are looking for big, burly, frat-boy, football player types, not 5'5" introverts who can form complete sentences like me.

... and this is why I club.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Our office is pretty loaded with hotties. But yeah, out on the streets of NYC where are they? Think the city is well below average, and it's only because of sheer # of total people that you see any. Per capita hottie ratio has got to be low compared to other cities.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    I've noticed a couple of bartenders who are both pretty hot. Both red-haired girls par chance!
  • londonguy
    10 years ago
    I have always found it a bit odd that this day is celebrated.In.parts.of the U.S.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    People quick to embrace any excuse to drink.
  • DandyDan
    10 years ago
    Londonguy, the Irish dominated many cities once they came over in the 19th century (Chicago and Boston come immediately to mind). It's not a real surprise that they celebrate their traditions, with drinking of course. The one I truly don't get is Cinco de Mayo, which they don't even bother with in Mexico.
  • londonguy
    10 years ago
    Ah, an excuse to get rat arsed. That explains it.
  • londonguy
    10 years ago
    So those people celebrating and parading are ALL of Irish descent?
  • GACA
    10 years ago
    No not all Irish descent. not by a long shot
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    London, nobody cares if they're Irish or not. St Patrick's Day is an excuse to drink and dress in green and act silly. When I lived in Chicago, I saw them dye the Chicago River green. I usually don't celebrate this holiday, but one year I went to a bar and got drunk and wore a green leprechaun hat. I was very drunk.
  • 4got2wipe
    10 years ago
    jackslash the leprechaun! Brilliant!
  • 4got2wipe
    10 years ago
    Hot girls drunk on green beer is always brilliant! Green beer makes girls extra slutty in my experience!
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    Actually, londonguy, people of Irish descent form the second largest ethnic group in the US, second only to the people of German descent.

Protestants would traditional wear orange on St. Paddy's Day. I, on the other hand, have an ecumenical bent and wear a tie with green and orange stripes. :-)
  • JamesSD
    10 years ago
    I'd add New years eve to the drunk hotties list.

In cold climates a lot of women (and people) go underground for the cold months.

Around here the beaches and apartment complex pools are packed with drunk hotties on memorial day weekend, July 4th, labor day, etc.
  • sinclair
    10 years ago
    I was out Saturday night, and it was wild. Drunk chicks everywhere. It was like shooting catfish in a barrel. God bless Saint Patrick! I dropped $50 on briskets and made about 10 pounds of corned beef. It turned out great, or as 4got2wipe would say: brilliant!
  • san_jose_guy
    10 years ago
    Londonguy,

I had this friend who went to tour Europe. When in Ireland he traveled with an American flag sown onto his backpack. When stopped by any official he always identified himself with first, middle and last name.

Lots of Irish Americans are extremely proud of their ethnicity and it does not stop there. Some fund the IRA. It is said that some American Congressmen and the funding conduits, the bag men.

A guy I knew who had been a British Army sniper insisted this to be true.

SJG
  • JamesSD
    10 years ago
    Is the IRA still a thing? I thought The Troubles ended a while ago.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    I think what's left of the IRA just kills drug dealers now. Because they want to be the ones selling the drugs...
  • PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    4got, I thought that was supposed to be green M&Ms.
  • 4got2wipe
    10 years ago
    And how do you make green beer PhantomGeek? Dissolve green M&Ms in normal beer! Brilliant! ;)
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    Funny story about green beer. When I was in college, the student organization held a St. Patrick's Day party and green beer was the drink of the night. Of course, I imbibed pretty freely (my bedroom was upstairs, so I didn't have to drive anywhere!). The next morning, I was sitting on the throne and pulled out my hand (with the TP you pervs ;-D) to check progress. It was Kelly green! I thought wtf is this and jumped up so I could check the rest of the bowl. Yup, Kelly green. "Omg, I'm dying," I thought. Then the truth of the matter seeped in through my hung over brain, lol.
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    So the turnout for this should be good even on a TUESDAY? Guess we'll find out
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    I stay home on drinking holidays like New Year's Eve and especially St. Patrick's Day. People around Chicago go crazy and dodging the drunks and police patrols is not my idea of a good time.
  • san_jose_guy
    10 years ago
    I stay home on drinking holidays and especially I stay off the road. I don't even like to drive into places on non-drinking days when I know that traffic will jam up and people might start to get strange. If I am to go out, I do so on foot. Safer, less ways to have problems.

I don't park in strip club parking lots, because I know that people may be driving under the influence. If there is to be an accident, the cops will be more helpful if it is on the street than on private property. Less likely to happen on the street too. I avoid many types of parking lots.

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    10 years ago
    Like consider for example NOLA and Mardi Gras, or college town parties, or SJ Cinco de Mayo. You want to be on foot, not in a car.

SJG
  • 4got2wipe
    10 years ago
    Brilliant story ATACdawg!
  • AnonymousJim
    10 years ago
    NYE is also a big drinking night, but honestly, so many people, young and old, go out on NYE that I don't think the concentration of hot, young women is all that strong. Not to mention, NYE tends to be more of a "go to someone's party" night around here, whereas St. Paddy's and Halloween are very much more *bar* nights.

In this part of the world, I think I might also have to include baseball's Opening Day as a third such "holiday." It's a little too cold, though, for the ladies to look too revealing, however.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion