tuscl

Why Do Some Customers Become Regulars?

Thursday, December 30, 2004 7:04 AM
What are the main reasons that some customers become regulars? From the posts I've seen here it looks like one reason is - too old to date (get sex from) younger women. perhaps the strip clubs help them relive a begone part of their lives and give them some happiness that way? What other reasons?

22 comments

• davids
    19 years ago
    Yes, FONDL you seemed like a smart guy, I thought that "LOL" would tip you off to the fact that I was joking.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Davids, as I'm sure everyone else figured out, I used the term "a couple of bucks" to mean that you don't have to spend a lot if you don't want to, which is true in a lot of places. The club I have been going to lately is really quite expensive if you want to have the full experience, but I see plenty of guys just sitting at the bar having a beer or two and not tipping or anything else. I'm sure some of these guys spend 2+ hours there and never spend $20. Personally that's not my style, I prefer the full experience. I'd actually prefer a cheaper neighborhood-type place but I'm in lust with this one girl who is probably the best all-around dancer that I've ever met. And that's saying a lot. And that's why I'm a regular at that club.
  • RTY
    20 years ago
    As stated above, just to hangout, chill, watch a sports game or two. Having a beer, or soda, and watching a game. nice. Add hanging out with some of the guys talking smack. cool. Add my fave girl sitting on my lap just chillin' - Priceless!
  • TopGunGlen
    20 years ago
    I just like to relax, kick back with a drink and watch some pretty ladies dance for me. I treat them nice, tip well and they treat this old guy like a million. I know it's all in flirtatious fun, then I can go home without any bullshit. I agree with FONDL, it does remind me of the "good old days" in someways.
  • cardsfan
    20 years ago
    I'm going to go to a bar anyways for beer and ESPN on the TV so why not toss in a few naked women in to the mix? Yeah, I have met a few and dated them (one for 3 years) but that was just what happened, as could in ANY bar really. I don't splash out a bunch of cash to any of them but if I see one that I like I tip well at the stages and I know which ones are the "hustlers" and which ones are just fun to talk to. I don't mind buying a drink or two here or there for the nice women but if they cross the line into "hustling" me they know I will tell them to take a hike cause I don't play that game, so they don't. It's all respect that is a two way street really. Plus like I said, it's still JUST a bar to me really.
  • lopaw
    20 years ago
    "That's why I hate to see women customers in strip clubs. It's the only place we have left to ourselves. Let's keep it that way." I said it before & I'll say it again....it ain't gonna happen, so I suggest you either learn to live with it, or stay out of the clubs.
  • davids
    20 years ago
    A couple bucks for two hours? What friggin' club offers that? LOL!
  • Toplessdancer
    20 years ago
    I don't know if I count in this conversation or not, but here goes! I became a regular at a club called Ricks when I was 18 (with fake id, and fake boytoy), it was the first strip club I have ever been to, and the girl who gave me a dance was just awesome, even was a outside friend with benefits of mine for a little while. I would go every wednesday night, because it was slow and I knew she worked just so I could make sure I would get as much time with her as possible. to make a long story short, I ended up dancing because of her. Damn her! lol.. Just kidding, I enjoy what I do, mostly. Love sara
  • DandyDan
    20 years ago
    Also, it's easier than trying to date. I haven't had a date in a couple years, mostly because I just don't see any women I feel any sense of compatibility with. It seems like all the girls I dated when I did date were either already mothers or they were too interested in their job. I almost feel like getting a mail-order bride sometimes, one of those Russian ladies who will cook and clean and have your babies for you. It's true some strippers are mothers, but I don't have any interest in being someone's daddy, unless it was my own kid.
  • casualguy
    20 years ago
    That can be fun for a few minutes having lots of dancers come up to you trying to get dances. After a few minutes though, it can become a bit too much. What is even worse is if you are really not at all interested in alot of the dancers trying to get a dance from you and they keep persisting especially if they saw you get a dance from another dancer. I first became a regular at the first club I went to because they kept giving me free passes every time I went and free pizza. In hind site, it almost seems like a tactic a drug dealer might pull. Free admission and free pizza to lure you in and get you used to it. Both of those deals I believe lasted for months. I have been going to strip clubs every year now. I'm not planning on going to another one until next year though.
  • johnnylingo
    20 years ago
    I'm 27, but lots of similarities with FONDL. Mainly to get away from it all, like I said I go on Wednesdays to break up the week, but will go other days if I'm having a bad day. I can almost always find a girl who will cheer me up at any club. Also, the whole dynamics of things are fun - where the women are asking the men and you get to decide who to spend time with without any commitment. Ahh, if only it worked that way outside.
  • FONDL
    20 years ago
    I've said this before - I think a lot of guys go to strip clubs because it's just about the only place left where guys can be guys. Women have invaded the gym, the golf course, the corner bar, the private club, the board room, even the locker room. That's why I hate to see women customers in strip clubs. It's the only place we have left to ourselves. Let's keep it that way.
  • FONDL
    20 years ago
    Also for us older guys it's a trip down memory lane. The old-fashoined atmosphere of a lot of clubs brings back memories and makes us feel young (which is one reason why I avoid the new fancy gentlemen's clubs and why I'm opposed to things like smoking bans.) It's a place to relax and forget about your everyday troubles. It's a place to beat back the blues. It's a place to fight loniness and there are a lot of lonely old guys out there. The first time I became a regular (about 10 years ago) I was suffering from fairly severe bout of depression. Met my ATF and haven't been depressed since.
  • Kyle1111
    20 years ago
    I regularly go to strip clubs because I don't want a real relationship. My ideal is a dancer--with a perfect body-- who pretends to be a girlfriend.
  • DandyDan
    20 years ago
    I have been going to strip clubs for 10 years, basically since I could legally drink, and I still like the spectacle of girls taking their clothes off. You never know if you will meet your ATF when you go.
  • casualguy
    20 years ago
    Maybe some guys just enjoy seeing lots of pretty naked girls without having to commit to a relationship with any of them. It may be fun and a chance to break up your ordinary routine. I don't see this any stranger than asking why some guys play golf on a regular basis or computer games, or any other entertainment.
  • davids
    20 years ago
    Sorry, it appears that I was rather unclear about the intent of my question. I am not interested in what qualities of a club or dancer make you decided to be her/its regular versus some competitor. I want to know why some customers decide to regularly visit strips clubs, while others only drop in once in a while. What are the reasons the regulars aren't just getting hot/nice girlfriends OTC the club and getting sexed up that way?
  • johnnylingo
    20 years ago
    I've been going every Wednesday to a certain club for the last month (don't know if that really makes me a regular yet). But I think it comes down to three reasons: 1) Got a favorite, who shows me a really good time. Finding an experience similar to what she provides would take a lot of time and money. 2) There's a about 2-4 new girls every week, which is exciting because you never know who you're going to see. If it was the same girls every night, I'd be looking to move on pretty soon. 3) It's just a nice way to break up the week. The stage shows are pretty good, and it never gets too crowded. Everything's relaxing yet exciting. They have in-out priviledges to, so I can spend an entire night there and not get bored.
  • davids
    20 years ago
    No, no... Regular of a club.
  • FONDL
    20 years ago
    I assume you're talking about becoming a regular for one particular dancer. Personally I find that to be the most enjoyable way to go clubbing. I search until I find a girl who I really like and who treats me the way I want to be treated, and then I hang out with her whenever I can. Obviously I become a regular at her club too. I especially like it when we get to the point where we share phone numbers so I can find out when she's working and let her know when I'm arriving. That way I always know that I will have a good time. If you just take pot luck, my experience is that you only have a fun about half the time. FYI, I'm an old guy who enjoys the company of attractive young women for a variety of reasons that I won't go into here since that's really not relevant to your question.
  • johnnylingo
    20 years ago
    I'm the exact opposite - 27 years old, and go for dancers around my age or older. People always want what they can't have, right? Are we talking about being a regular of certain club(s), or a certain dancer(s)?
  • FONDL
    20 years ago
    I think another reason guys become regulars is that you can meet an attractive girl and have a great time without having to put up with the bullshit of a regular bar. You go in, find a girl you like, spend a couple bucks and she's yours for an hour or two. Go into a regular bar and there's all this nonsense that you have to put up with if you want to talk to a girl.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion