tuscl

At the Risk of Sounding Like a Politician...

Thursday, January 27, 2005 5:38 AM
Would you want your own daughter working as a stripper given what we know about what strippers really do (no they aren't just taking their clothes off on stage)? What if she was doing extras? What if she was doing extras because she was a single mom desperate for cash or was doing it support a drug addiction? What if she was doing extras because she was only average looking and felt that this was what she had to do to compete? Would you try and talk her into doing something better with her life if you felt she was doing it because her self esteem was low? What would you think of her customers?

6 comments

• casualguy
    19 years ago
    Obviously Davids has equated strip clubs and patrons with the lowest of low life other than criminals and drug users but probably not much higher. That's not the way I see things where I live at but some people are like RL and go on their crusades trying to change other people. I'm not sure if RL is on a crusade to change people but just trying to get them to limit spending on dances to $5 per dance.
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    .and to answer the original question. After going to several of the strip clubs in my area I wouldn't see a big problem with a daughter working at one of them. There is nothing that sexual going on in the clubs except for the extreme exceptions and bouncers and vice are constantly watching out for anything funny going on. I don't know about David's preconceived ideas of strip clubs where he lives at but in my part of the country most strip clubs are for dancing only. With that said, I would still try to talk a daugher out of it because I believe there are many higher paying jobs elsewhere with a girl with brains that knows how to work. Once someone starts a career, the pay only goes up. Stripping is just a tempory job and they get fired as soon as they age or their looks go downhill too much.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    Davids: I can't answer that question since it is totaly based in every pre-concieved stereotype that you feel are pre-qualifications to being a dancer. The reality is far different and my thoughts on the reality of why most women become dancers, including the daughters of men who go to strip clubs, is something that you have made it quite clear you are not interested in...
  • lexus300
    19 years ago
    I have been asked that question by a few dancers i.e. what if your daughter was a striper ( I have 2 )? My response is simple -I would be disappointed since I have spent/invested so much in their educations.
  • Nigel
    19 years ago
    Interesting questions davids, with different answers. I've thought about this as my daughter (who knows about my hobby and my ATF) at 23 is only 3 years younger than my ATF and certainly has the looks to do this job. I've met many different types of girls in the clubs, many who don't do extras, have a high sense of self worth and are genuinely doing it for fun and profit for a short period of time. My ATF has a young child and a seriously f'd up familly who are all dependent on her for financial support. I know she sometimes feels trapped in the job because of it, and I would truly like to see her get out. If my daughter was in a healthy state of mind and a "clean" dancer, I could live with it I guess. I've always tried to teach her a healthy attitude about sexuality & nudity. On the other hand, like you, I've seen the men at the clubs, and frankly I have less respect for them than I do the dancers. Besides, she's my little girl, I've always wanted to punch out guys just for looking at her. However, in the other examples you gave, unable to support her child any other way, drug habit, low self esteem, etc. I realize that is the reality of many of these girls and I feel it is far more a failure of their family support system then a life style choice in most cases. If my daughter danced for these reasons, then I should be locked up for my failure as a father.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    No I wouldn't want my daughter to work as a stripper. But she comes from a prosperous and stable background and so she had many other and better options. For a lot of these girls stripping is probably their best option.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion