tuscl

It's Simple Really (My Final Post)

Ok, it all makes sense to me now. I'll offer you all four nuggets of wisdom, although a good deal of it I gleaned from reading your own posts (thus deep down you will know what I say to be true even though you might wish to make some superficial attempts at denial here in order to save yourselves from the guilt of not putting in the hard work to changing your lifestyle or admitting what's really been wrong all these years. You will convince no one, not least of all yourselves, with your specious reasoning so don't even bother posting it):

a) Sex and friendship are not things in life that a person ought to pay for. (If a person thinks otherwise they have some serious self confidence issues: Just do the friggin' work (get rid of your weight problem, or whatever) and find yourself a real friend/lover.)

b) Because of a) the customers you will find in strip clubs will almost exclusively be PLs.

c) Because of b) the kind of girls you find working in strip clubs will almost exclusively be PLs.

d) Given a), b), and c) there is no good reason anyone should work for or patronize a strip club. Leave that world to the PLs of the world.

17 comments

• TopGunGlen
    20 years ago
    If davids went into the clubs with his attitude, it's no wonder he didn't have any fun! He should hang out with the Puritanical Society. I am sure he will fit right in, and feel superior to boot...
  • casualguy
    20 years ago
    I should mention if you like excitement, it can be fun to travel.
  • casualguy
    20 years ago
    That's kind of funny. One of my relatives made about 4 trips to Florida this past late summer. All of the hurricanes hit within about one week of where he had been.

The last time I went to southern Florida was years ago in July I think. It rained almost all day long and the temps dropped into the 50's by the afternoon. Guess you need to pay attention to the weather forecast before planning a trip to a sub tropical area. I don't really like visiting places where the road is the only place above water but I suppose it's not normally like that.

Anyway just before the monsoon started, our tour guide the bus driver took us on a little walk on some boards going out into a swamp. It started raining cats and dogs right in the middle of the scenic swamp and all 30 of us on the tour bus got to see about 100 alligator eyeballs appear just above the surface of the swamp water. It didn't feel very safe. One slip off of those boards and you were toast. I don't think anyone was happy after that tour. I got to see a tornado form while I was on a tour bus at Cape Kennedy. No one seemed especially concerned. I forget which shuttle was on the pad at that time. Travelling can be a hassle.
  • FONDL
    20 years ago
    Actually almost all Florida beaches, at least southern Florida, are topless. Last time I was at the Holiday Inn on Miami Beach I stepped out onto the beach and right in front of me was a very attractive young woman kicking around a soccer ball with some guy and she was topless. Very entertaining. You don't have to go to a gay area to see some skin. And what's funny is that the strip clubs do really well in southern Florida, but then it tends to be of a hands-on experience. Maybe you need to travel more. A little sun is good for you at this time of year.
  • casualguy
    20 years ago
    I prefer lots of naked females not naked guys thrown in with them. Key West is a very long distance compared to the local strip club as well. I suppose if I lived at a warm almost tropical beach and lots of pretty girls were out sunbathing nude or semi nude almost every day, I wouldn't feel like going to strip clubs unless of course they offered something more.
  • FONDL
    20 years ago
    Sure a lot of those people sunbathing are gay. So are a lot of strippers. Who cares if you're only going to look? I wasn't suggesting marrying one.
  • FONDL
    20 years ago
    Casualguy, you need to go to Key West. There are several public bars there that are outdoors and have sundecks with people of both sexes sunbathing nude. And they walk right up to the bar to get drinks without putting anything on. For the price of a normal drink you can watch to your heart's desire. There are also many B&B's and rooming houses where the pool is "clothing optional." So you can imagine what the strip clubs in town are like.
  • casualguy
    20 years ago
    A simple breakdown of the top post

a) Sex and friendship are not the business reason for strip clubs. It is an ENTERTAINMENT business only. Why don't some people understand that?

b) Using poorly defined logic where where the first statement is incorrect doesn't make the next statement correct. Customers of strip clubs are not PL's because they are engaging in entertainment. Are you a PL just because you go see a movie you like? That's another form of entertainment some people engage in.

c) Obviously wrong also since a and b are wrong.

d) Poster must not see any benefit from watching pretty girls for a few dollars admission. Or poster believes it's all about sex and no entertainment.
  • casualguy
    20 years ago
    Sometimes I wonder if davids is considering running for a political office while trying to display how moral he is by attacking the strip club business. Of course he is also stating that in his opinion that the business is wrong and should be shut down even though I never saw that directly posted. I just saw where he was headed with his posts. I disagree with the assessment.

Of course I am not considering running for any office so I am not trying to get any moral authority votes or anything of that sort. The only reason I may be defending strip clubs is because I'm afraid of too much ignorance will cause fun evenings to dissappear just to appease those who think it's evil and must be stopped. Kinda of like the days of prohibition of alcohol. The moral oppressive folks thought it was evil and shut it down or out. Please don't let one or two dissenters shut down everything.
  • casualguy
    20 years ago
    I can give one good answer why to go to a strip club. If you like looking at lots of pretty semi naked girls where else are you going to go? I don't exactly see a lot of topless beaches opening up anytime soon. For a few dollars admission and a few extra dollars in tips, I can have a fun evening. Apparently one person doesn't seem to understand this simple fact and may never because they already have their mind made up. I'm just looking at the girls and I don't care about their personal lives. Just because I don't care about their personal lives doesn't mean I'm bad. I'm not paying a few dollars admission and a few dollars in tips to be a guidance counselor or social worker. Apparently davids opinions are fixed with that being anything and anyone connected to a strip club is bad. I disagree and just wanted to state that.
  • FONDL
    20 years ago
    Actually it wouldn't be great at all, it would be pretty dull and boring. People's differences, faults and inconsistencies are what make them interesting. Ever been to your typical suburban cocktail party where everyone voices the exact same opinions on everything? I don't know about you but it makes me want to scream. Give me grey over black and white every time.
  • Yoda
    20 years ago
    Maybe a lot simpler life, but certianly not as interesting!
  • Nigel
    20 years ago
    Wouldn't it be great if life were really as black and white as Davids so clearly sees it?
  • Yoda
    20 years ago
    Davids: I don't know how old you are but it's obvious to me that you think you already know everything you need to know about the world. If you really are leaving this board I wish you the best of luck and nothing but safe travels as you journey through the rest of your life... With you eyes, heart and mind closed.
  • Mouse
    20 years ago
    Davids, with the correct correct attitude, knowledge, and expectations, strip clubs become nothing more than entertainment - especially non-threatening entertainment for married guys, who want to stay married. Davids, you really do need to lighten-up and quit being so sanctimonious.
  • FONDL
    20 years ago
    Davids, for the thousandth time, we all agree with (a). None of us are paying for either sex or friendship, we're paying for entertainment. It's just like going to the ball game only cheaper and more fun. I can't for the life of me figure out why you have so much trouble understanding that.
  • johnnylingo
    20 years ago
    To be fair to davids, the posters on this board are probably more "enlightened" than the average SC regular. We've done been around long enough to know the name of the game, and have concluded that going is for entertainment purposes only. Not everyone has figured that out yet, or perhaps they have and are in denial. When I see the same guys in a club night after night, hugging their "favorites" goodnight, I always wonder to myself about their perspective.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion