tuscl

OT: Heinz 57 or A1?

Monday, January 12, 2015 12:24 PM
Heinz 57

28 comments

• shadowcat
    9 years ago
    I only use Heinz 57 on chicken fried steak. Never use A1 for anything.
  • londonguy
    9 years ago
    Neither. Sometimes have Worcestershire Sauce on steak, can you guys get it over there?
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    A1
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Londonguy - Of course we do. You can't make a Bloody Mary without it. :)
  • ime
    9 years ago
    Trick question, never put that stuff on a steak!
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    Sacrilege! Neither! If your steak needs either, you're doing it wrong.
  • jerikson40
    9 years ago
    Wow. Excellent topic.
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    57 for me unless it's flank steak, in which case I prefer chimichurri.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    9 years ago
    As for Worcestershire sauce, some people who can't pronounce it will sometimes refer to it as, "What's-this-here" sauce.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Heinz 57 is the best. Hot french fries need it. I have used it on common sirloin steak.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    I used to use 57. Liked the taste. But don't use anything in anymore. what GMD said
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Disregard my post. I was thinking of ketchup. I forgot Heinz 57 was a sauce.
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    "...Heinz 57 and French fried potatoes, Big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer, Good God Almighty, which way do I steer!" Jimmy Buffett, "Cheeseburger in Paradise" Someone had to do the pop culture reference! ;-)
  • rattdog
    9 years ago
    burgers with A1 is pretty good.
  • farmerart
    9 years ago
    Too much sugar in either one of those for me. Lea & Perrin's is acceptable; the tamarind works well with meat. Better yet as a condiment is sharp mustard made from Colman's or Keen's mustard powder.
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    A good steak should need neither. During those rare times when I will eat a London Broil or some other lower end steak, or when I order a good steak just to receive a crappy piece of meat, I like A1.
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    I prefer a good grassfed steak
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    Ketchup. Always ketchup.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    A1 was invented in England in the 1820's. Saucee and spices were used to cover up the taste (and smell) of rancid, spoiled meat. Yum.
  • DandyDan
    9 years ago
    I like A1 for steak, regardless of what kind it is, but Heinz 57 has its uses.
  • zipman68
    9 years ago
    If I've learned anything from South Park it is that Worcestershire sauce causes zombism when used as embalming fluid. I presume the same is true for A1 but I doubt that it is true for Heinz 57. I dig zombies so my answer is A1.
  • londonguy
    9 years ago
    The correct pronunciation is wusstersha sauce, The 'O' is not pronounced. It doesn't have the same taste it did before Heinz bought Lea and Perrins and fucked up the ingredients. Just like Cadburys chocolate changed after Kraft purchased Cadburys. Sacrilege. As for A1 being invented in England, never knew that.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    The original sauce upon which A1 is based was created by the Chef to King George IV (If you can believe the Internet) If I could make money at it - I would reinvent my career as a food anthropologist.
  • VeryBigDawg
    9 years ago
    I am learning so much from this thread. And for good quality steak, neither is the right answer.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    If I'm having a steak with the peasants like jerikson at outback or Applebee's I need a1. If I'm having a steak with LMN at capital grill, then I need nothing. If I'm having a steak at my house then I probably burned it and I'm having a turkey sandwich instead, no sauce needed.
  • lopaw
    9 years ago
    Sriracha.
  • ilbbaicnl
    9 years ago
    I'm white but not white enough for this thread.
  • VeryBigDawg
    9 years ago
    "A1 was created by the Chef to King George IV" - WOW!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion