tuscl

Who are the best reviewers on TUSCL?

MrDeuce
Illinois
Sunday, January 11, 2015 9:38 AM
One of my goals this year is to improve the quality of my reviews on TUSCL, especially as I have hit a dry spell after writing 62 reviews of 62 clubs. I visited at least a dozen new clubs in 2014, but the last one was about five months ago! I'm going to start revisiting favorite clubs and writing new reviews of them. Since a good way to improve your writing is to read the best writing in that genre, I would like to know who you guys think are the best TUSCL reviewers.

24 comments

• GoVikings
    9 years ago
    No one in particular Personally, I think the best reviewers are those who take the time to write a good review. In other words, those who actually care about crafting a good review, rather than just half-ass ing it. It's easy to identify these people when reading reviews
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Although a bit lengthy minnow and Papi_Chulo do some damn good jobs of telling you about the clubs. Watch for props too.
  • impala
    9 years ago
    I agree, any review (as long as honest) is good. I do feel that there are plenty of fake reviews and club employees/club owners posting bias comments, and if possible we need to weed them out.
  • Xeinok
    9 years ago
    xeinok
  • sinclair
    9 years ago
    A good review should cover things like prices (cover, drink, lap dance, VIP room if possible) so the mongerer is not walking in there blind and knows if they are trying to rip him or her off. Also including names of dancers who tried to scam you and describing the experience a little is helpful so others don't get robbed. Avoid saying vague stuff like: "The dancers were hot. Lap dances were expensive." Be descriptive and detail-oriented. Short reviews of three or four sentences are generally useless. Long reviews are okay if they give new insights and information, but no one wants to waste time reading babble. I think one reviewer used to put rankings of all of the clubs he's been to at the end of his reviews, which seemed relevant for his record keeping, but not relevant for someone who has not been to any of those clubs. Just be honest and descriptive.
  • GoVikings
    9 years ago
    " I think one reviewer used to put rankings of all of the clubs he's been to at the end of his reviews" silkypants
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    Papi_Chulo, Silkypants
  • IHearVoices
    9 years ago
    Got to give this one to Papi. He's got it down pat. He's very detailed 'and' everything is pertinent.
  • VeryBigDawg
    9 years ago
    Papi_Chulo.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Yeah. I'll add SilkyPants to the list.
  • impala
    9 years ago
    SilkyPants, Papi_Chulo and Shadowcat
  • rockie
    9 years ago
    I've benefited from the reviews of Shadowcat, Yoda, RickDugan, MadDogRomeo, Skibum609, and Gawker amongst some other fine reviewers here.
  • snowtime
    9 years ago
    I have to agree that Papi's reviews are the most thorough. His attention to detail is second to none.
  • Knightline
    9 years ago
    Since I have seniority on pretty much everyone, I nominate myself! ;-)
  • Corvus
    9 years ago
    Papi's are top of the line reviews for sure. Many others are good. And I will always appreciate those who can form sentences and know what paragraphs are. But for overall entertainment value, along with pertinent information, I'll go with Farmerart.
  • Dolfan
    9 years ago
    Check the review guidelines, IMO they'll help guide you better than copying someone else's review style. I tend to like reviews that offer a bit of comparison with other options. I think that's the most useful aspect of reviews, since I'm never deciding if I'm going to hit a strip club but rather which one. So, if you're knowledgeable about the clubs in the same class/same area, a little bit of time dedicated to what advantages one has over the other is nice.
  • MrDeuce
    9 years ago
    Thank you, gentlemen, for your replies, especially to rockie for his many fine recommendations and to everyone who recommended Papi_Chulo, the consensus choice for "Best Reviewer on TUSCL". Papi, tu eres el hombre!
  • carlos_spiceyweiner
    9 years ago
    Papi_Chulo is the best.
  • azdd
    9 years ago
    Chili Palmer has a long history of writing useful, informative reviews. Anyone that gives you information you otherwise wouldn't have had is a good reviewer, especially if they are credible on a repeat basis. When I travel to a new city, I scroll through reviews and you can tell pretty quickly which reviews are real and helpful, versus those that are clearly just thrown together for access.
  • coreypavin
    9 years ago
    As a Portlander I would say ranukam
  • farmerart
    9 years ago
    Everybody should read BaddJack's review of Lucky Lady Cabaret in Sweet Springs, Missouri. It is a gem of hilarity. About once a year I go back to tuscl's archives and read about Ratso, Shamu, and Tweeker. I always laugh to the point of tears. BaddJack's other reviews are also choice pieces of SC history here on tuscl.
  • farmerart
    9 years ago
    I would be very remiss if I didn't also give a shout out to ralphyboy, wordsmith par excellence.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    @coreypavin- Thanks man If SJG wrote reviews, his reviews would probably be longer than Papi's lol.
  • MrDeuce
    9 years ago
    Thanks for the tip, farmerart. BaddJack's review of Lucky Lady Cabaret is the funniest review I've ever read. I'll never forget Tweeker, Shamu, and Ratso.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion