tuscl

Whose your pick for the College Football playoffs ?

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)

The first game is about an hour away so I should have posted this sooner – but w/e.

I don’t really care for any of the 4 teams playing – but I think it’ll be Florida State over Oregon and Alabama over Ohio State.

15 comments

• ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    I'll cheer for the Seminoles. As far as Bama OSU goes, I hate Bama and I'm a proud former Detroiter and Ann Arbor resident (60 years ago, but who's counting!). That makes it a meteorite game for me. I'll settle for a small one, say 25-50 feet in diameter to limit the collateral damage :-Died
  • ime
    10 years ago
    Oregon because FSU hasnt looked legit.
    Bama over OSU but OSU is closing the gap with urban meyer as coach.
    Bama beats Oregon for National Championship
  • Corvus
    10 years ago
    I think Oregon and Bama will win today. And the final game should be very good. I think Bama will win the championship, but would love to see Oregon win.

OSU is injured and FSU, in my view just doesn't have enough this year to repeat. But it's not over 'till the fat lady sings".
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    'bama - nick saban! Nope!
    FSU - Florida team not The U? Nope!
    Quacks - Harmless little bird? Yeah, OK.
    Buckeyes - Ohio? Spent 10 years of my life there one month. Nope!
  • sflguy123
    10 years ago
    Being a FSU grad obviously I was rooting for FSU. But I'm not surprised by their loss. They were a way less talented team than last year. Lost a lot of key players to the NFL(with all the talent they will lose this year it doesn't look good right now for next year). Probably the most notably loss was WR Kelvin Benjamin(part of that amazing WR class).

To go undefeated was a major accomplishment considering the talent loss. Beating GT in the ACC Championship who beat a SEC West team yesterday(Miss St) in their bowl game shows that wasn't a fluke.

BTW, in the SEC West(supposedly the unbeatables) four of the top five(Miss ST, Ole Miss, Auburn, LSU) all lost their bowl games. We will see what Alabama does.

So I'm proud of what FSU accomplished this season considering IMO they way over achieved. I big loss is easier to accept than a close one.

Alabama will probably win tonight making for a great Championship game.

I hope Oregon wins it all. As I'm not gonna root for Meyer or Saban.

Now I have to hope my Steelers win on Saturday.
  • azdd
    10 years ago
    I think Oregon is on a roll, and will win whether they play Bama or Ohio State. Plus, my ATF is from Eugene and a huge Ducks fan. When she's happy, she makes me happy!
  • sflguy123
    10 years ago
    Wow Bama goes down too meaning the top 5 teams in the SEC West all lost to non-SEC teams.

That leaves Ohio vs Oregon for #1.

So I will predict the O's will win the National Championship.

Seriously Oregon should be able to outscore Ohio.
  • Clackport
    10 years ago
    You all already know who I'm rooting for.
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    I will fearlessly predict: Oregon vs. Ohio State for the national championship!

;-D
  • ime
    10 years ago
    Since Bama is out i'd like to see Oregon win, they are fun to watch even if they wear fruity uniforms half the time.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Before it even starts, I can tell any willing bettor the score, IF they wish to know.
  • Knightline
    10 years ago
    Great call picking AL and FSU!!! : :) I never thought FSU had much of a chance but the AL game surprised me a bit although it was obvious OSU could win as they were very good most of the season. The Championship Game will be a great one - either team is capable of winning but I favor OSU a little. Still - it will be fun!!!
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Man – I was 0 for 2 in my PL predications.

I thought FSU would beat Oregon b/c Oregon in the past always looked great against most teams but could not match up against the big physical teams (I think FSU’s offensive line averages 6”5 330 – that’s probably bigger than many NFL lines).

But Oregon has been good for a few years now and it seems they have been able to recruit bigger and better athletes so they can compete against the big dawgs.

w.r.t. OSU/Bama – I always thought OSU had a chance b/c they are fast, talented, and Unban Meyer seems to always have his teams ready – but I thought OSU was still at least one year away from being in the top dawgs category – but have to hand it to Urban Meyer – that guy has won big everywhere he’s been.
  • sflguy123
    10 years ago
    Ironically enough in the old(last year) college poll system Alabama was #1 and FSU #2 in the AP so they would have most likely faced off for the Nat'l Championship. The two teams that just lost.

Damn if they only waited one more year.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    ^ yes – irony can be pretty ironic sometimes
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion