tuscl

Shadow's Question & Weed Dealers

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 12:18 PM
I seem to notice from many of TUSCL'S posts, that in the South, weed is sold by an inordinate amount of thugs. Now, don't get me wrong, in Cali, plenty of thugs sell weed. I guess that I developed contacts with growers at a young age and most of them where either White hippies or Carlos Santana-esque Mexicans. Doesn't the South have hippies or country bumpkins who grow/sell ganja? To me, it makes more sense from a safety, a money saving, and a quality control perspective to cut out the middleman and deal with the source. I got plenty of people who I consider friends, not just business associates, who I deal with, so to speak. It's just my 2 cents. Personally, I couldn't deal with thugs and herb. The cholos and thugs in my neck of the woods get zero business from me. From many different posts on this board, it really seems that the cannabis culture in the South is very different than the Pacific cannabis culture that I'm use to.

16 comments

• mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Down in Diego, we all scored from friends or friends of friends. Everyone was cool with each other. Scoring from tweakers and gangsters is retarded.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    I'm not a user so all I can go by is what I observe in my favorite club. I know where they like to sit and it's obvious why they are there. Management comes around to shake their hands. They are black thugs. The dancers all seems to know them and I heard that management tolerates them to keep the girls happy. I don't see them selling to customers but they have seen me often enough that I could probably score if I wanted some. When I was in my 30's back in California my best friend was a minor dealer. I say that because he only sold to his friends. I do know that he once mailed some to a friend in Hawaii in care of a hotel. I never asked him about his source but I assume they must have been thugs.
  • san_jose_guy
    10 years ago
    "management tolerates them to keep the girls happy" Why do these guys keep the girls happy? Because the girls want to buy from them? Are they making buys so often that they need these guys there continually? SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    10 years ago
    Do you mean that besides dealing in drugs, these guys are also the girls' pimps, and that is why the girls want them there? SJG
  • crsm27
    10 years ago
    I am not from the are that Shadow is from... But I will post what I am sure the answer to your questions is (correct me if I am wrong shadow)... But these guys get the weed for the girls. Now the girls may or not pay for it in cash. They may barter...ie lap dances, blow jobs, etc. Also they could be the "pimps" or just boyfriends. Since most strippers like to have drug dealing boyfriends....LOL. Last one was a joke but can find many accurate statement. The culture is very different in every part of the USA. One thing with Cali is you have to remember it is legal for medical use. So the old "hippie" probably has a "medical" card and so does his 10 friends. So they are selling more high grade stuff. Also it is easier for people to get weed from "friends". Where as other places there isn't the "medical" use or they don't have dispensaries on every other block. So weed needs to be more under ground type of thing. Hence dealers.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I'm 39 and have been involved with cannabis for decades, way before Prop 215 and SB 420. I've had my Dr. recommendation yet I don't go to dispensaries. Why when I can go to the source.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    SJG - I am not there all the time so I don't know how often they are there. Seems like that they are there 90% of the time when I am. And no they are not pimps.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    crsm27 - They are strictly businessmen. They sell pot and other goods for cash. They do not drink while they are there nor buy lap dances or VIP gigs. They will lite up and share with the girls.
  • JamesSD
    10 years ago
    Are there club patrons who go to those guys to buy? It's actually not the worst idea. Post up at a strip club where you know you're not selling to kids (which is more likely to bring the heat). Let the customers come to you. Definitely a different culture than places with medical marijuana.
  • chandler
    10 years ago
    I've known a few faves at the same club Shadow's talking about whose boyfriends deal weed. Some may deserve to be called thugs, I don't know for sure. But I know of two who are white hippies. And I know of others who are black but don't seem to be very gangsta at all. Some of the dealers in the club strike me as pretty harmless, other than taking up space and blocking my view. Not all young low riding black men in dreads who enjoy nodding out to rap are thugs.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    If I want weed, I get it from strippers.
  • gawker
    10 years ago
    In the 60's as a college student there was lots of weed around. My first time I helped a friend divide a 1/2 pound into "nickel bags" (a shot glass in a Baggie for $5). We dumped it on a table in a full cafeteria and divvied it up. No one knew what it was in 1963, but everyone knew by '65. When we began trying psychedelics and other hullucinagenics it was more difficult to find a source. A friend of a friend hooked us up with a dealer who came to our apartment but insisted we buy out of the trunk of his car. As he opened the trunk he pulled a revolver on us and let us pick from his compartmentalized stash of uppers, downers, mushrooms, acid, and whatever. It scared the shit out of me and I realized that there were thugs in this business. Today, my lawyer gets me whatever I want. When I was a high school principal, stuff I seized from students didn't always make it to the police.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    A thug who is at one my favorite clubs almost every night was shot in the head and killed last month. He had a couple kids with one of the dancers. His obit in the newspaper decsribed him as a "local musician". Guess they didn't have the balls to say drug dealer. It's sad he left 5 young kids without a father -- but as they say, run with bulls and you're gonna get the horns. He chose that life.
  • ilbbaicnl
    10 years ago
    A lot of people in the South have really idiotic ideas about weed. These are the people who, when their told that Trayvon Martin must have been really vicious because he had some THC in his blood, think "oh yeah, that explains it". This leads to the really harsh and strictly enforced laws against weed. And, surprise, surprise, the more you criminalize something, the more you push it into the realm of hard-core criminals.
  • Dolfan
    10 years ago
    I'm not an expert, but I think in South Florida, most of our weed comes from somewhere else. Yeah, there is some grown here, but not nearly as much as is imported. We're also a pretty considerable cog in the distribution chain. There's a lot of low level guys who've skimmed off some or been paid in product for transportation. So, most of the weed on the street is far from the grower. That's not to say there aren't plenty of white guys and/or mexians who sell it. The thug element tends to specialize in small quantities, which appeal to strippers and convenience shoppers. You know, the guys who are selling by dollar amount and not by weight. $15 nickel bags and such. Those are the guys I see in strip clubs, and in many of the smaller clubs they get the same treatment. Most of them, despite their appearance, do seem to be very much about business. They're usually drinking water or soda, and they aren't trying to trade ass for grass. Often times, they'll bring their own ass and just sit and chat with their girl. There's not a lot of hippies in that game, but there are some mexians filling that role in some areas of Miami, like at the Hialeah and Homestead clubs.
  • san_jose_guy
    10 years ago
    csrm27, thanks for the explanation shadowcat, as I hear about this I say that no, I would not hang out in a club which welcomes such dealers, and I would not deal with girls who associate with them either. I would not deal with them ITC or OTC. One of the things I liked in the web pages for the German FKK clubs is that you won't find things like this going on there, no weed. Shadowcat's question [view link] SJG Nickelback [view link]
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion