tuscl

There is going to be some mighty unhappy oil field workers and strippers.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
WILLISTON, ND (KEYZ-AM) The mayor of Williston says its time for the city's strip clubs to clean up their act. That's why city commissioners have effectively shut down the strip clubs by suspending their liquor licenses for 60 days, effective immediately.

Mayor Howard Klug says the number of complaints have been steadily rising and the clubs have done little to handle problems despite warnings. He says much of the problems involve over serving and underage drinking.

Klug says police have made hundreds of calls to the strip joints since the last time the city temporarily pulled their liquor licenses as a warning nearly two years ago.

15 comments

• Clubber
    10 years ago
    Tell'em to see art!
  • warhawks
    10 years ago

Oh no!!!!

Over serving AND underage drinking?????!! The horror!!! lol. :)

(I hope they never hear what happens in the Detroit clubs on 8 mile.... lol).
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    In Cali, our nude clubs can't serve alcohol yet still find some way to make money, hand over cock.
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    They should toe the line on age, even though I think if you can shoot terrorists than you should be able to buy a drink, but the law is the law. As for over serving...well any bar can be guilty of that. How about the bars without bare breasts? Are they having "complaints" too?
  • londonguy
    10 years ago
    Where is Art these days anyway?
  • mjx01
    10 years ago
    ^^ yeh... I hope art is just preoccupied with his Toronto sweetie
  • impala
    10 years ago
    Sounds like an excuse to shut down the SC in the area. I work alongside the oil fields and if there is any indication that a new area is going to be opened up for oil or gas drilling one of the first things the locals sqwak about is if anyone is going to open a SC in their area. But the real question is, how many regular bars and clubs have been over serving and selling to underagers? All politicians want to do is make it look like they are dealing with an issue, and SC are easy targets!
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    @londonguy: Art is having serious business woes right now. His business is supporting oilfield drilling and my guess is that recent plummeting crude prices have at least temporarily dried up that market but I'm guessing that he still owes big on equipment leases etc that can't be laid off. The oil business is a mean mistress and Art works in a high cost of production area.

As far as Toronto sweetie goes, they parted about a year ago on really wretched terms when Art tried to talk her out of opening a lingerie shop with her very significant life savings.

On top of all that, he has health problems that have seriously limited his diet.

I think we all like him a lot and while I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want sympathy he'd welcome being cheered on. Lord know's he could us it. That and $4/gal (I know, londonguy, that sounds pretty good to you!) gasoline.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    ATAC,

I hope art doesn't follow the footsteps of vincemichaels. You know, any of us here could leave these pages and no one would know what happened. Even those I've met, I wouldn't begin to know how to "troop" them.

Well maybe Papi. Just go to a black club in S. Florida and look for the "shining light". :)
  • mjx01
    10 years ago
    @ATAC: Thanks for the update.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I thought about helping Art by buying some oil etf but then my luck hasn't been that great at timing the bottoms. I wish him luck.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I heard strip clubs already sucked in north Dakota. Maybe if they got an airport, they could fly somewhere not too far.
  • PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    We don't need no stinking airports. We just put sails on our formerly covered wagons and sail across the open prairies.

And, yes, strip clubs do suck here in North Dakota. Club Northern, the only "upscale" club here in the eastern area of the state, charges $8 for cover, $25 for lap dances, and $125 for four dances (or fifteen minutes) in the VIP -- and this is a hands-off club. Outlaws, over in Devils Lake, it's anybody's guess when that place is open. A few years ago, I stopped by there at about 10:45 on a Saturday night. The place was closed. A bar -- on a Saturday night -- in North Dakota -- the state that probably ranks highest in binge-drinking in the country -- was closed.

I've never been to any of the clubs in the western part of the state. Considering the way prices for everything have skyrocketed over there (last I heard, an apartment's going for about $1000/month in Williston and Watford City), I think I'm going to pass.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Oil isn't a sector I follow that much, but when I look up some actual numbers and compare it to what the media is screaming about, the move down seems unstainable. World production continues to increase but when a headline comes out that oil production is expected to drop 600k/day (out of 90m/day total world supply) and we see the price of oil drop a few dollars a result. There is also alot of noise about how demand in China is slowing. Actually it is growing and hitting record highs nearly every month. US oil production is rising but still just 9m/day out of 90m/day global demand. The cost here and in Canada are typically much higher here than for OPEC, so some of these names would be the likeliest to get hurt, but many have hedged against short term fluctuations. I still think we see the floor within a month and then bounce back next year.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    "to drop 600k/day"

Actually it's not even a drop, it's just a revision down to previous expected growth.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion