tuscl

OT: Chipotle ?

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Friday, October 10, 2014 3:28 PM
Ok – I know many don’t like the “OT” threads – but obviously this is important. I’m not much into fast food – but man I’m kinda addicted to Chipotle as of late – feels like I’ve been eating there like 3x/wk lately – if they had naked chicks to go along with the food; that’d be awesome :). Anybody else not on a $350k/yr salary into Chipotle?

40 comments

• Dougster
    10 years ago
    Love CMG! The stock and the food.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    What does CMG stand for ?
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Oh – ok – CMG -> Chipotle Mexican Grill
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Chipotle Mexican Grill. It's also the stock ticker.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Closest one is 15 1/2 miles. So no. But we do have the "Twisted Taco" just a mile from the house.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    @Papi - funny you should mention Chipotle: "The emergence of a “Seinfeld nation” will shift spending to fast casual food restaurants, “especially those catering to a more affluent-than-average clientele, given savings on family expenses,” said Avery Shenfeld, CIBC World Markets chief economist in Toronto. Seinfeld, a hit situation comedy about single friends, aired from 1989 through 1998. Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc. of Denver “would be a good example,” said Shenfeld" You can read more at my important "Seinfeld Nation" post here: [view link]
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    "Anybody else not on a $350k/yr salary into Chipotle?" Chipotle IS for the $350k crowd. The folks that can't make that paltry sum have to dine off of the Dollar Menu at Taco Bell.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    I prefer Pink Taco.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Eating Chipotle in LA is like eating Domino's in Brooklyn-Just Say No. @Shadow-I saw Twisted Taco on TV. I'm going there someday.
  • sinclair
    10 years ago
    Three tacos, a large drink, and tax puts Chipotle north of $10 where I live. I prefer Taco Bell on price and taste. Plus, Chipotle isn't open after the titty bar closes like Taco Bell.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    I usually have a burrito bowl @ Chipotle which comes w/ rice; beans; meat; tomatoes; cheese; lettuce; and feels me up pretty good; all for about $7.xx (I usually add avocado which is extra and puts me at around $9.xx) – I also feel the quality of the food @ Chipotle is better than Taco Bell.
  • HungryGiraffe
    10 years ago
    Just yesterday, I noticed the Chipotle near my home frequently has a long line. Chalked it up to the slow single line service approach, but perhaps it's the greal food.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    For you Chick fil a fans the only Chick fil a luau is located just 2 miles from me.
  • PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    There isn't a Chipotle here in my town, which is okay -- I prefer Taco John's anyway.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    @Papi - 16 yo.'s agree! "Teens Still Love Starbucks, Chipotle, and Taco Bell" [view link]
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    Bumped due to importance
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    "I know many don’t like the “OT” threads' Who doesn't like the OT threads???
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    Did anybody see the South Park where Cartman's mom was using a special cleaner because Chipotle caused him to bleed out of his ass? Good stuff...
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Tried it a couple of times when I was working right net door to one in your neck of the woods, Hialeah. It was OK, nothing that I would go out of my way to have. And as was said before, over priced. A number of good place real close to me, I prefer, and a lot less costly.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I judge taco shops by bullet holes in windows. The more bullet holes, the better. The old Taco de Mexico in Oxnard, CA had a window with 5 bullet holes. Better than 5 stars.
  • ime
    10 years ago
    SLick you have an unfair advantage over most of the country, my buddies from CA have let me know multiple times that no place is close to CA for burritos. I like Moe's more than Chipotle but they are pretty close.
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    "I also feel the quality of the food @ Chipotle is better than Taco Bell." It definitely is. I've only been there a handful of times, but I think Chipotle is great. The only reason I don't go more often is because they're too expensive. It costs 7 or 8 bucks for one meal at Chipotle. If you give me 7 or 8 bucks, I can make my own tacos at home and get a lot more for the same amount of money I'd be spending at Chipotle
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    I have ate there a few times. It is ok. One of my friends calls it shitpotle. I prefer Illegal Pete's
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    sc, Chick Fil A must be doing something right. [view link] Maybe God's work?
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Clubber - Could be. They do close on Sundays.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    sc, And against gay marriage. When they were protested, Americans went there in droves! Before I get chastised again by lopaw, I have no problems with gay couples. I do have a problem with the fact that a civil union (same legal rights) wasn't good enough. They just have to think I have to call it marriage. Not gonna happen. Anyway, marriage is more a religious term, so if a church wishes to marry gays, they certainly may do so.
  • Josh43
    10 years ago
    What better place to discuss gay marriage than in a Chipoltle thread started by hound dogs in a stripper forum. Are you kidding me, clubber? Gay marriage is already legal in 28 states and the opposition is weakening everywhere. IS gonna happen.
  • RickyBoyDugan
    10 years ago
    Josh43: "Gay marriage is already legal in 28 states and the opposition is weakening everywhere. IS gonna happen." That is great news! But what's the situation in NJ? Next time I stroke a manager there, I may just have send out some feelers about the idea!
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    "What better place to discuss gay marriage than in a Chipotle thread?" Yep. A thread about Big Guy's Sausages would have been a better place [view link]
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I never eat there nor taco bell nor chick fil a. Just in case anyone was wondering.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    ^^^ I'm guessing Red Lobster then. Grilled shark ?
  • Josh43
    10 years ago
    Some academic research for Dougsteer: Pascoe's research on masculinity and high school Through ethnographic research in a high school setting, CJ Pascoe examines how American high school boys use the term fag. Pascoe's work suggests that boys in high school use the fag epithet as a way to assert their own masculinity, by claiming that another boy is less masculine; this, in their eyes, makes him a fag, and its usage suggests that it is less about sexual orientation and more about gender. One-third of the boys in Pascoe's study claimed that they would not call a homosexual peer a fag; fag is used in this setting as a form of gender policing, in which boys ridicule others who fail at masculinity, heterosexual prowess, or strength. Because boys do not want to be labeled a fag, they hurl the insult at another person. The fag identity does not constitute a static identity attached to the boy receiving the insult. Rather, fag is a fluid identity that boys strive to avoid, often by naming another as the fag. As Pascoe asserts, "[the fag identity] is fluid enough that boys police their behaviors out of fear of having the fag identity permanently adhere and definitive enough so that boys recognize a fag behavior and strive to avoid it". Pascoe's study reports that gender policing is most common among white boys, while black boys are more concerned with "acting" appropriately black. The black youth in Pascoe's study often ridiculed one another for "acting white", and did not express gender policing to the same degree as white boys.[14]
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    josh, Make that all 57 states. No matter, since, as I said marriage is a religious term, and I do not have to accept it. Remember, people married long before government found a way to take more of our money. Gay marriage gives them a chance for even more.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Motor, I got your back. How fucked are we?
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    i had sweet dreams about the burrito place in Oxnard.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Motor, I'm in Oxnard as we speak. Great day at the beach even if all we caught was Perch. No sharks, no Rays. I'll grab two burritos for you. Tell me what you want and I'll get em!
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    @Josh-Growing up, we didn't use fag, we used bitch. That was our term.
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    The institution of marriage predates recorded history. "Marriage" as we know it today, i.e. the romantic union of a couple based on love and sexual attraction, is a relatively recent innovation. Like in the two or three hundred years. And if you add in "*mutual* love and attraction," it's even more recent, as women often weren't considered to be important enough to have their opinions in the matter considered. Hell, up until about the 1970s, marital rape was legal in many states. Before the modern makeover, marriages, at least in the West, were most often contracts between two families (with both the Church *and* the State staying mostly out of it except as arbiters), in order to cement alliances and expand the family workforce. In fact, until around the 16th century, the Church accepted a couple's word that they had exchanged marriage vows, with no witnesses or corroborating evidence needed. History is replete with examples of how polygamy, incest, rape, same-sex unions, infidelity and many of the other things we consider to be "anti-marriage" were all held to be acceptable and legal within marriage. Objections to gay marriage based on "tradition" just don't hold water.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    I'm curious what the juiceman thinks of chipotle. Is it too much of a step above Taco Bell, KFC, MickeyD's or still consumable by him?
  • DandyDan
    10 years ago
    I like Chipotle, but Qdoba is less than a mile away from home, so I end up there a lot more. I do go to Chipotle with my one friend I go to strip clubs with, since he goes there at least twice a week.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion