tuscl

The Ice Bucket Challenge

This came up in a discussion topic a couple of days ago here on tuscl. I had to ask what exactly it was. Fast forward to this morning - my first day in the Calgary office for about 8 weeks. Virtually the first words said to me by my staff upon my return to work were about taking this ice bucket challenge. I was rigged out in a pin striped power suit and all the other ridiculous gear for lawyer meetings later in the day. A light bulb went on in my head.

I agreed to take the challenge on the plaza in front of our office building just before going to the aforementioned lawyer meetings so that I could show up at the offices of this stuffy law office all bedraggled from the ice bucket challenge. The deed was done and my staff came up with $5K in pledges for ALS before sending me off to the meeting.

The lawyers' receptionist was aghast at my appearance but she laughed when I told her that I had just done the ice bucket challenge. She was giggling like hell when she sent me through for the appointed meeting. The tight ass lawyers were even more aghast but I insisted that I be deposed for the matter under question. My lawyer had preceded me to the meeting and was chortling at this insistence - he had no inkling of what I had planned. Fun times at a dreary deposition!

When all the intrusive questions had been parried I challenged the three guys grilling me to take the ice bucket challenge with my promise that I would donate $10K to ALS for each one of them who agreed.

Not one of the three tight ass bastards accepted my ice bucket challenge.

11 comments

• ime
    10 years ago
    Good job Art. It's a good cause. Those tight ass bastards all owe ALS $100 for not doing the challenge, that's how you get out of ice water bath.
  • grand1511
    10 years ago
    Glad I could help "warm you up" for the Ice Bucket Challenge and awesome fund-raising!
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Nice.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    Great story, Art!
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Another Canadian was not so honorable.

"Justin Bieber slammed for iceless ‘Ice Bucket Challenge’ video"

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/201…
  • minnow
    10 years ago
    Congrats, art on your ice bucket challenge. Those Super Bowl winning coaches being drenched in Gatorade have nothing on you there.
    For many years, the ice bucket challenge for me was walking out of my hotel room with the ice bucket, and try to find a maid who can understand (comprende) my query on where I can find the ice machine.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    @Arturo-Con respecto.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    @art - sounds very pop culture! Congrats and welcome to 2014.

Next time be sure to post a vine and some instagrams to your twitter feed
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    @steve229,

What's a twitter feed?.......what's a vine?......what's an instagram?
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Lol
  • Corvus
    10 years ago
    Art, what a great tale and kudos to you for being a great sport. As for the three lawyers deposing you and then refusing to take the challenge - especially with your outrageously generous offer - damn lawyers. Seems like they are pricks everywhere.

Maybe your rugged manliness overwhelmed those girly lawyer boys.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion