tuscl

Is VIP Membership worth the dollars spend

Thursday, July 24, 2014 8:57 PM
My favorite SC has recently said that they would like to begin VIP membership in September. Essentially, $1K paid upfront. This would allow free daytime admissions and free access to the VIP rooms before 7pm without having to pay for one year. They would like to take themselves out of the business of having to give some of the daily VIP fee to the strippers. All negotiations and tips would be between you and the stripper. What does the community think of VIP membership? Is it worth the cost as described? What is your experience in your area?

17 comments

• jerikson40
    10 years ago
    Seems pretty simple to me... Figure out how often you'll be going, add up the costs, and see if it's more than $1,000. I've never heard of a VIP membership like that, but anyway. If you assume daytime admissions are $20, then $1,000 covers 50 daytime admissions. That means you'll go there once a week just to break even. And how much is the VIP room before 7pm? I don't know, it seems to me it's like buying gift cards. You NEVER spend the entire amount of the card, so the people who sell them make a mint off you.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    That would depend on how much each VIP room normally costs and how many times a year you would use the VIP room. Just do the math. I have a life time membership to the Platinum Plus chain. About the only thing it gets me is free admission including 1 guest at any of their clubs any time. I got it free but to buy one was $500.
  • jerikson40
    10 years ago
    Oh, and by the way.. VIP stands for Very Important Person, correct? Whenever you hear a business classify someone or some offer as a "VIP", it generally means "sucker who will pay thru the ass for an ego boost".
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    If you pay $1000 upfront, I want to talk to you about a great opportunity to buy life insurance.
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    I would be wary about handing a strip club $1000 up front for any reason. How much will you actually save per dance? Do you normally pay the club and the dancer separately for VIP or do you pay her and she gives them the cut? If it's the latter I can see potential problems. Iron all that out and it's a math problem.
  • jerikson40
    10 years ago
    "I would be wary about handing a strip club $1000 up front for any reason" Yeah, maybe, but I'm assuming they give you a card with an expiration that you just show at the door. I suppose if the club goes belly up after you buy the card you're in big trouble, but otherwise I wouldn't be too concerned. But yeah, given the choice between giving away a $1,000, and keeping it, I'd keep it unless I was absolutely certain it would save me big bucks in the long run. Hell, if you're willing to come up with a lump of $1,000 you could invest it and actually make some money for the year. That's sure as hell what the club will do with your money.
  • ujay
    10 years ago
    The club normally charges $15 for admission with a mandatory one drink purchase for $5 because it is a nude club. Only water and sodas are sold. Recently they have been charging $10 daytime with the $5 mandatory drink purchase. 15 minute VIP rooms are $125. The house takes $50, and gives the stripper $75. The girls in the daytime are generally more open to extras, though they are not the prettiest. Sometimes a pretty one from the night may work a couple of day shifts either as fine for coming late to work or simply to hustle to make ends meet. There is intense peer pressure on the nighttime stripper not to do extras; so some of them slip in the daytime to get some real money.
  • ujay
    10 years ago
    Recently, more and more of the pretty strippers have been doing so called "split shifts", 4 - 11pm. They get some of the daytime action, but are also around for the evening.
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    "I suppose if the club goes belly up after you buy the card you're in big trouble, but otherwise I wouldn't be too concerned." I can easily envision a scenario where management/owner changes or someone realizes they're losing money and 6 months in they simply announce they're not honoring those nice laminated VIP passes. Remember who we're dealing with.
  • mmdv26
    10 years ago
    I would have a psychological issue with paying $1k up front. Then I know I'm spending a lot of money "clubbing". I feel much more comfortable nickle and dimeing it away over time, because I am in complete denial about how much I'm actually spending. When I do stop and figure it out (LOL, always faulty math), then I can say "holy shit, I gotta cut back"! And the following week I'm right back doing the same thing. The thrill of the hunt...
  • samsung1
    10 years ago
    No don't do it unless you are already spending a ton of money there to make it worth while.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Do these $1000 membership clubs happen to be in Nigeria?
  • Dolfan
    10 years ago
    Cheetah here offers a similar package, its $500 bucks & comes w/ free entry ($5 or $10), free drink (another $5-$10), and free 30 minute VIP on Sun-Wed. Its good at all three locations. The catch is, I think the VIP area is just a seat on a couch, not a Champagne room. If it was an actual room, it would be well worth it. Since its not, it means breakeven is over 30 visits, its probably not worth it to me. Like others said, do the math. Its not that complex.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    If the break even point is almost a whole year away as far as saving money, then I'd pass unless 1. you are very confident the club will stay the same, 2. They will keep honoring their VIP cards, 3. the dancers you like are still there after a year. 4. you don't plan on moving because you are going to work the same job for a long time. Of course if you are LMN and 1000 is like eating lunch, then go for it.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I was thnking about lifetime membership cards, not one year cards.
  • Caprisun69
    10 years ago
    It depends
  • ujay
    10 years ago
    The VIP program should roll out in September. The devil lies in the detail. I am largely a 4 - 7pm clubgoer after work. I never visit on the weekends. The daytime weekdays are already lax; this offer, if properly dne, would make daytime romp even better.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion