tuscl

Back from Vacation

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
I've been on a vacation/road trip thru the American West since early July and have not been on the board. Hope y'all missed me. LOL. Much of the trip I had limited access to the internet so I just took a break from things and had a much-deserved vacation. I repeated a trip I had done some 30+ years ago.

Drove to South Dakota and spent some time in the Badlands National Park then to Rapid City and Mount Rushmore. Spent a day in "touristy" Deadwood then crossed over into Wyoming for a brief stop at Devil's Tower.

Then off to Jackson Hole and Yellowstone where I spent several days. After that, I drove thru the pass on the scenic Beartooth Highway to Red Lodge, Montana where I spent a night and had a great night a local bar. After that, I met up with a old buddy in Whitehall, Montana for a day before I headed north for another few days in Glacier National Park. It was gorgeous.

Not may strip clubs in that part of country so that wasn't part of my trip. The trip was great. I'm exhausted but re-charged. A contradiction I know, but glad I did it and happy to be back home

Cheers.

16 comments

• Clackport
    10 years ago
    Welcome back motor! There was a TUSCL meet in Detroit yesterday, I'm guessing you weren't able to make it.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Sounds like you mapped out your trip to avoid strip clubs. LOL. I'm sure the Detroit girls are happy that you are back. :)
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Nice! I was thinking of visiting that area as part of a roadtrip. Maybe this fall or next spring.
  • carolynne
    10 years ago
    your story reminded me of some good times i've had hitchhiking out west. Spent a week with 3 college guys in a motor home... still smile when i think about that. i've also driven cross-country with a truck driver who i discovered was particularly well endowed...
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    Welcome back. We were worried about you.

https://www.tuscl.net/postread.php?PID=2…
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Glad you got to be on the road again.
    Sounds like you've been everywhere, man.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    welcome back, you missed a lot of troll posts while you were away.
  • SuperDude
    10 years ago
    U.S.A. is a great and beautiful country. Glad you enjoyed the trip.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Jackson Hole sounds like a gay bar.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Missed your wonderful sense of humor Slick. :)
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Thank you Moto. Montana and Eyoming are both on my list of states to visit.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    That's Wyoming.
  • Caprisun69
    10 years ago
    WB motor I missed you 😘😘😘 your one of my personal favorites here
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Glad u had a great time. I love road trips
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Not as much as you love road head!
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    motorhead, did you drive the Logan Pass? It is one scenic drive.

Next time that you are in that neck of the woods, take the boat across the lake to Canada's part of Glacier (it is called Waterton Nat'l Park in Canada). Stay at the magnificent Prince of Wales Hotel on the lake. The hiking trails around the hotel are prime wildlife observation spots (if you are comfortable with getting up close and personal with black bears and grizzlies).
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion