tuscl

Homeschooling

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Tuesday, July 8, 2014 6:15 PM
A dancer, whom I've known for several years, told me that she is homeschooling her 10-year-old son because the schools in her downriver Detroit suburb are so bad. Hearing this, I was literally speechless (and I'm using the word "literally" correctly here). I suppose homeschooling can benefit a child who lives in a stable home with two parents who are college graduates. But this dancer is a single mother with only a high school education. She is drunken and irresponsible. Her home is a mess, and it is dominated by a huge flat screen TV that is never turned off. She does not read books. She has a profound ignorance of history, literature and science. She has no discipline herself, and so it is hard to believe she will make sure her child does school work every day at home. Would it be better for a child to be raised by wild dogs or be homeschooled by a stripper?

23 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    I see a future strip club employee in the future for that kid – if not worse
  • gawker
    10 years ago
    Most school systems with which I'm familiar have a legal responsibility to approve curriculum, instruction, and to monitor student achievement for home schooled kids. She must be right about one thing - it sounds like a shitty school.
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    Given how much homeschooling can be done via the computer/internet it might not be any worse than sending them to a shitty public school. But who knows?
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Judging by the results of "normal" schooling, I'd say the boy has a better shot with his mother.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    The school district I grew up in lostn its accreditation for a while. Some school systems are worthless.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Just dont fuck your teacher if your home schooled
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    "The school district I grew up in lostn its accreditation for a while. Some school systems are worthless." Gee, I would have never guessed that about your education, crazyjoe
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    ^^^ that happened to you too?
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    my dad did wastewater treatment for a living. That's why they know so much about s***
  • goodsouthernboy
    10 years ago
    Your description of her sounds a lot like the public scho teachers I had growing up... Doesn't sound ideal but might not be a huge difference. Unfortunately the kid is probably fucked either way. Sad.
  • jerikson40
    10 years ago
    Gotta give her credit though for at least caring enough about the kid. I guess nobody really knows how she'll do with him, but if he's 10 years old she still might do a decent job. Is the average stripper on the same level as a 10 year old? Heck, maybe with all her problems she can manage to teach him. Let's hope.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Growing up in the barrio, we were "homes-schooled", eh.
  • Estafador
    10 years ago
    wild dogs. they actually will teach him how to survive, eat, kill and hunt. She'll teach him how to beg and...wait can't teach him to strip, he's a boy. Isn't she upset she didn't get a girl.
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    Detroit not withstanding, every home schooled kid I've met had a screw loose in some way. And the parents are even worse. I'm a smart guy, and I'm smart enough to know my kids got a far better education being exposed to a diversity of thought at school than they would sitting around at home listing to my theories on life and playing Led Zeppelin covers.
  • crsm27
    10 years ago
    Rockstar... You are 100% correct. Kids learn more at school that what is in the books or taught by teachers. they learn how to associate with other, work with others, rules/discipline (god knows many kids don't get that at home like they used too), they learn about themselves and what limitations they have, they learn drive to want more because they see how or what others have, etc. This is stuff that is hard to teach in a "home schooled" environment. Now they might know book smarts better. But the other stuff is what makes this world work IMHO.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    a lack of social skills for home schooled kids. Alucard must have been home schooled. That would explain a lot. I wonder where he disappeared too?
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    ^^huh
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    " I wonder where he disappeared too?" Me two.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Transylvania, but that's just a guess. Blah, Blah. Look into my eyes.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Are y'all kidding! You think a terrible "education" in a public school is a good trade off for social skills? Do you think a "homeschooler" never goes out, never indulges in sports, don't have friends, etc>?
  • ilbbaicnl
    10 years ago
    If it's a school where more than half the boys end up in a gang, she's doing the smart thing. Without having to read it in a book. Sometimes a dancer's work schpeel is her fantasy ideal life, not her real one. "I'm home schooling my son" could really mean "I wish I could home-school my son.".
  • Otto22
    10 years ago
    @rockstar- "Doversity of thought"? When was the last time you were in a public school? Diversity of thought is the last thing you will find there. A teacher in Monroe,MI, not far from downriver, was suspended for showing historical photos of actors in blackface to illustrate how racist the culture was 60 years ago. The message was clear, don't expose kids to any politically incorrect facts.
  • DoctorPhil
    10 years ago
    diversity of thought in public schools? sure, yeah right….. [view link] public schools are cesspools of PC brainwashing. she’ll probably do a far better job educating the kid than the public school system
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion