tuscl

Do the strippers in your club do this?

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 4:36 PM
Do the strippers in your club laugh and point behind your back as soon as you start quoting Mark Twain. This is so unfair. I've spent my life learning these useless little quotes in the hopes I can whip one out in any given situation. No one seems to appreciate my hard work and dedication. Instead I am the object of ridicule and disdain. A lot of people think I suck, for them I have only the words of my hero Mark Twain--"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you will not orally copulate than to open it and remove all doubt."

16 comments

• jctone
    19 years ago
    SuperDude, good point. It is high school. Except some of the non-social guys have a job and money now. So the hot girls are paying some attention to them until they run out of money.
  • SuperDude
    19 years ago
    Intellectual stuff intimidates many dancers and cuts chances for open communication. While there are intellegent dancers who read, study and attend classes, there are many for whom any reference beyond TV or Cosmo is a barrier. So they will laugh at you behind your back for trying to show how smart you are. Just like high school.
  • T-Bone
    19 years ago
    Oh boy, one word dude - THERAPY
  • pop
    19 years ago
    Save your breath, you'll need it to blow up your date.
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    I have a pretty well-rounded education, between my college degree and law school, but I also know that effective communication means that the parties need to meet on common ground. I appreciate Twain as much as anyone (he wrote a hilarious piece on the merits of masturbation), but I would no more spring him on someone I had just met than a would pull out a pad and pencil and ask someone to help me with this "really bitching chi-square probability analysis." I have met dancers with a thorough grounding in all the aspects of Western civilization, and I have met dancers who would struggle to get through this week's edition of _People._ This is also true of people that I have met outside of strip clubs. I think that, in any context, you need to size up the person that you are talking to, and tailor your communications accordingly. If you don't do that, you probably will get teased or mocked occasionally, and you may deserve it.
  • T-Bone
    19 years ago
    Dude, no offense, but Mark Twain??? I can't see how that could lead to a fun time with anyone, intelligent or not, including strippers. Maybe try Bon Jovi lyrics next time.
  • parodyman-->
    19 years ago
    This topic is about what? Anoyher dude pulling Mark Twain out of his ass?
  • parodyman-->
    19 years ago
    I know I shouldn't blast people but... davids: You sure are a hostile little shit aren't you? As far as intellect goes, I wouldn't be supprised if you ate a lot of lead paint chips as a child. I would be interested to hear about your academic achievements. [Probably either a sixth grade education like Jethro. Or he went whole hog, excuse the pun, and studied quantum masturbation.]
  • Pete22z
    19 years ago
    Whoa now! I've met many a college girl who stripped to pay the bills. The Cheetah (for better or worse) is full of 'em...one of the prettiest dancers I've ever seen was a physics major. Morals may vary, but a pretty girl with little time in need of cash can easily justify dancing as opposed to working a menial low wage job. Also intellectual exchanges, that may have some value, don't pay the rent.
  • komey1970
    19 years ago
    I'd be willing to bet that a LOT of people going to college are doing so to better themselves financially, not just strippers. I only took a lit class because I had to take a liberal arts class and it fit my schedule.
  • phoenixxxblaque
    19 years ago
    david..my goodness,you sure have a negative view on strippers!and fyi...great dancers dont HAVE to run scams to make money-believe it or not,there are those of us,who can just dance and make great money without lies or deceit.i know you,re probably shaking your head and say ing no,but its true,i do it 4 nights a week.
  • DandyDan
    19 years ago
    I myself don't mind quoting famous people from history for strippers, but at least I try to make it amusing, and probably completely out of context. I don't think they have ever caught on to the fact I was actually quoting someone, though.
  • davids
    19 years ago
    Intellectualism is pretty much wasted on strippers. Even if a strippers is going to school (unlikely!) she is only doing it so that she can make the same amount she does now but without having to give HJs to old, ugly guys. It's not because they value intelligence and education for their own sake. I will qualify this a bit by saying some of the really, really clever ones (as far as strippers go) realize their looks won't last forever and they will need to do something when they over 29 (assuming they don't just land a sugar daddy first). Intelligence in an academic sense is not valued amongst strippers. Else they would be in school studying Quantum Cosmology right? For strippers intelligence=running a good scam on a customer and getting away with it.
  • jctone
    19 years ago
    Where you trying to make them laugh? I am surprised if they know who Mark Twain was. Most of the dancers that I know have not had too much college or for that matter, did that well in high school. A few have taken some college classes and maybe a hand full has completed any sort of degree. I hear about a lot of cosmetology degrees, but they usually do not have an English literature requirement. Next time you are in the club, do a little survey on the educational level of the dancers. Maybe you will be surprised by results.
  • driver01no2
    19 years ago
    Fuck parody man, tiffany & pop! When I think of you I think of this: "In discarding the monkey and substituting man, our Father in Heaven did the monkey an undeserved injustice." - Mark Twain's Autobiography; Mark Twain in Eruption
  • parodyman-->
    19 years ago
    But Mark Twain is his hero. (Squirt Squirt Squirt)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion