tuscl

age to enter a strip club

Djscudmaster
New York
should male patrons or female patrons be allowed in strip clubs when they reach 18 instead of 21.
I think not but I went to My first strip club at 19 so there goes
but if in a club say males need to be 21 and females 18 is this fair or sexist? unless its a non alcoholic place

11 comments

• londonguy
    10 years ago
    At what age do you become an adult in the U.S.? Assuming it's 18 I think that is the age you should be allowed in.
  • DandyDan
    10 years ago
    @londonguy-
    At all places I've been to where alcohol is served, you have to be 21 and all places where it's not served, whether a juice bar or BYOB, it's 18.

As far as Djscudmaster's question is concerned, 18 should be it, but let's face it, some, perhaps most, 18 years olds have no business being in a strip club. At the one juice bar I go to regularly, from the very first time I ever went there in 1997 til now, you will see kids in high school letter jackets, which seems like highly inappropriate attire for a strip club. I have never tried to look like a teenage brat when I have gone to strip clubs, but if I wore a letterman's jacket, that might make me look like one. And you know the only reason they go there is to see tits, possibly for the first time ever.
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    In Canada 18 is the age for drinking, voting, financial independence (mortgages, loans, etc.), medical independence (abortion, intervention decisions, etc.), all legal niceties, and virtually anything else that I can think of.

There is even a movement in two provinces to lower the voting age to 16.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    I think the minimum age should be 60. That would give us old guys a fighting chance.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    In some places that serve alcohol customers and dancers under 21 can be there but are required to wear orange wrist bands to identify them to the servers. The customers usually have to pay a higher cover charge.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Isn't it true that in some states dancers can work in clubs - even ones that serve alcohol - as long as they don't drink themselves.

That seems to be some of the unfairness the OP mentioned.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    ^^*

Under 21
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    motorhead - Yes. it's true. I just said that in my post. Its true in Atlanta.
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    Mostly, it's not the law that requires forbidding under-21 folks from clubs that serve alcohol, it's the fear on the part of management that they might accidently serve such a person alcohol. While some places (and not just strip clubs) make those folks wear a bracelet or something, a lot of places (again, not just strip clubs) just take the simpler route of keeping them out.

If and 18 year old can die for his or her country, he or she oughta be able to see some tits before buying the farm.
  • skibum609
    10 years ago
    I wish they'd raise the age to at least 30. So tired of loud little children acting as if they've just seen their first tit.
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    For working girls, the age should be and usually is 18. But every dancer I've ever talked to hates the really young ones in the clubs because they never spend any money. I just lectured some high school boys at a club about their obligation to tip the dancers at the tip rail. I know I'm not their father and it's not my obligation, but I did it for the girls and they clearly appreciated me stepping in.

As an aside, my son and his friend got caught by my wife going to a strip club when they were 18. The place served alcohol, but they got in with a wristband that did not allow them to purchase booze. It was their first time, and they went to a horrible dive in town that I would never get anywhere close to. The worst part, of course, is that they were so inexperienced they got caught going their first time. I on the other hand have been to clubs hundreds if not a few thousand times, and I still haven't been caught yet. Age and maturity do have some benefits.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion