tuscl

Atlanta

Monday, July 4, 2005 5:12 AM
I know this was covered in the last several weeks, but I didn't pay any attention to it, because it didn't apply to me, and now it has dropped off the board. I have a business trip to Atlanta scheduled at the end of the month. The general consensus is that Atlanta clubs are a disaster, correct...no contact, high prices, etc? Please correct me (PLEASE!!!) if I am wrong, and advise as to clubs that are worth going to. If Atlanta is bad, are there any clubs within say a fifty mile drive that are better? BTW, as a general principal, I don't understand the concept of no-contract clubs as long as Spectravision is available for $12.95, but this is obviously just my own opinion.

11 comments

• dennyspade
    19 years ago
    To SHADOWCAT: That Club Nicky's sounds about right. I recruited the owner off a college campus when he actually sold ethical pharmaceuticals and medical supplies. He was a relative of some of the ATL city fathers and had little to no trouble securing a liquor license and business license. I had some fun there a few times; however, I'm from Chicago and I felt a little disconnected from the Hip-Hop Thuggishness on display there. I was stranded in Mid-Town, during the 9-11 Twin Towers attacks that week, and stayed at a hotel within walking distance of the CHEETAH. I saw what appeared to be almost flawless specimens of Southern Belles, dressed in gowns with augmented cleavage. Tipping to see more flesh was an interesting exercise. No lappers and private dances seemed a little boring. If this is what's considered the BEST of Atlanta, I think I can understand why you guys get so P-O'd.
  • dennyspade
    19 years ago
    Whatever happened to Club Nicky's and Nicky's in the ATL ? You guys don't venture into MAGIC CITY or the Rumpshakin' Ass-Clappin' Dancin' just ain't ya thang? I was shocked when I first started going to ATL several years ago and saw the lack of diversity inside the clubs. You were given a choice of the CHEETAH (yawn) or straight-up ghetto gangsta wanna-be experience. I vote for Chicago's variety and diversity.
  • T-Bone
    19 years ago
    CTL - Definitely a good call to skip the scene & enjoy your reliable club. StripShopper hit it right on the head man... it's either eye candy torture or pricey VIPs in ATL. There's nothing inbetween worth your time or $$ and it sucks. I'm an occasional VIP guy, and sometimes, I actually enjoy the YMMV challenge of negotiating a dancer's price as far as I can. As mentioned earlier, I've been real lucky in the past at Oasis & some other area clubs. However, I've also been ripped off (in VIP) like every other ATL sucker from time to time after too many beers and a lack of common sense. So unless you're willing to gamble those hard earned attorney's fees with your mileage strength...continue to skip ATL altogether :)
  • StripShopper
    19 years ago
    Lets put it this way: its one of the states that's trying to put "Creation" back into the science books. This state is full of the ultra-conservative types! This of course, leads to the SCs being able to really turn the screw under the disguise of working within the limits of the law. The other issue...is the amount of money in this town. It typically works out that if one club can consistently get 150-300 per 1/2 hour....Then of course, the other clubs will want to follow...its Greed...and to many guys with to much money and not enough brains. And of course, if you think like a woman...why would you work for a club that does not compete with what other local clubs are doing....so of course the best looking dancers want to work for the club that charges the most. The way to stop this...change the way a women think. But then that impossible..."Because an attractive woman always wants what the other woman has"...or is getting! And Yes this can happen in your area to!
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    When I was down there last month I ended up skipping the club scene-there was one scary looking place across the street from my hotel but I headed the warnings on this board and stayed away. The hotel bar had enough eye candy but what really surprised me was that, when I tried to order some "room service" T & A I found that most providers where not willing to do out call due to LE stings. What IS the problem with Atlanta?
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    Actually, in looking over these responses, I've figured out a better solution...make a flight connection through my favorite SC (strip club, not South Carolina, although I know those are synonymous to some people reading this) town, with a layover of 5-6 hours. That will give me time to get in a visit to a club where the prospects are favorable, and certainly more inviting than Atlanta. I'll spend my evening in Atlanta concentrating on other points of interest. I don't go to strip clubs looking to get laid, but to me, going to a no-touch strip club is like going to a no-eat restaurant. I looked at the website for Cheetah's, and I would say that my definition of one of the inner circles of Hell would be a place that you could look at women like that naked...but not touch them. I think I'm spoiled from my favorite club. How depressing...I wonder how this sorry state of affairs in Atlanta came to be? Let's hope that it is not a trend. For myself, it makes me happy to be a midwesterner.
  • StripShopper
    19 years ago
    CTL; Dude save your money...and please don't be one more Atlanta Sucker... I swear, men love to just give their money away here in Atlanta! Its all about getting you into the VIP Room: $150 - $300 and UP, per 1/2 hr, depending on the Club. Plus tips. (Tips are the key here in Atlanta along with your personal mileage ability) (In General: Negotiate room rate and length of time prior to entering VIP, Tip the bouncer(can be tricky), and Negotiate Tip....additionally, alcohol may soften your mark) Cheetah (Eye Candy with a serious Price)...Example of a recent review by beastbeast: "Been to Cheetah twice in last two years. Very nice club. Very attractive ladies. Good food. Just beware of the back rooms. Went back each time with guys I was trying to impress (on my expense report). First trip cost me $4000+ and the second a little over $2000. Those girls are experts at milking you. On my first visit, I went to the bathroom and my drunk buddy had order three champain trays at $600/each. That was one expensive piss. Do you think those girls knew who was paying? Fun? Absolutely. Lots of contact. The trick is to give the girl $20 to tip the bouncer monitoring your room. They pass him the 20, whisper in his ear, and I never say him again. Show a little tolerance (unlike me) and limit your trip to the back to 30 minutes or so. I dare not go back again. I cannot control myself. Those girls are gorgeous. I certainly cannot afford another trip. I gotta stick to ugly and cheap." (As you can see...deep pockets are needed if you want to play) Pink Pony (Same as Above)...personally I hate the Pink Pony...I feel ripped off every time I visit this place. Crazy Horse: Shadowcat recommends but I've yet to make the trip...but Shadowcat's reliable...so It might be on the upper scale of the "Atlanta Strip Clubs Suck List" Goldrush: YMMV - Can be really hit or miss...but some luck can be had a this club ( if the moon shines right ...but still you'll have to go VIP...pricey gamble) Oasis Goodtime Emporium: Another YMMV- but a little more difficult in my opinion...Tiffany state's he's had luck here...I know after 4 visits I gave up. Roosters Barnyard: Might be something to try in the Afternoon...but the place is pretty Sketchy...I haven't attempted it but I've heard its a daytime club for fun. CTL: since you're a Lawyer...you can probably afford the VIP rooms...So I imagine you'll have some fun at one of these clubs. Unfortunately, the normal guy on a budget is better suited by going to SC.
  • T-Bone
    19 years ago
    CTL: If you're looking for hardcore contact dances, ATL just ain't the city. However, I recommend Oasis for a fun environment, eye candy, & hot VIPs (if you're into that). Also, it's free parking & cover with their website coupon, so no real $$ lost. FYI, I posted a review just last week.... Also, Tiffany's and Follies offer decent grindage laps at times for ATL. Nothing to much brag about though... Have fun & please report back to us ATL clowns.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    CTL: No contact clubs existed and thrived for many years before spank-vision. I guess a lot depends on why you go to the clubs in the first place. If you are going to get-off then the movies in your hotel are a much better deal. Of course, the stuff on my laptop didn't cost me anything and the good parts aren't edited out....
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    By the way, that's "non-contact", not "non-contract." Guess who's at the office today?
  • davids
    19 years ago
    Probably mostly for guys with wives or girlfriends who don't mind if they look but don't want them to touch. Gets them out of the house, but not in trouble with their SO.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion