tuscl

New look for TUSCL

4oureyes
Florida
Thursday, June 12, 2014 5:12 PM
Any thoughts on the new look that seems to be taking over TUSCL? Personally, I think it's much prettier, much more elegant... And it's going to be a horrible user experience. Way too large a font, way too much white space. You'll have to scroll for days to see what used to fit on one page.

64 comments

• MrDeuce
    10 years ago
    I don't like the new look at all. It's change for the sake of change, not an improvement.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    I sense that it's another in a series of recent changes in TUSCL to better accommodate increased usage on mobile devices. I usually just use my PC at home for TUSCL viewing. I rarely use it on my cell phone. Anyone out there who uses it extensively on mobile devices have anything to say?
  • Caprisun69
    10 years ago
    Mobile for me don't really care for it either for the same reason listed above
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I use my tablet a lot. I don't see the improvement.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Not liking it so far. Preferred it when the information was more condensed. Now fewer topics per page. Like looking at a coloring book.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I'm not really liking it either. Guess I can always visit other sites more often.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    On my iPad, the look is unchanged. On my MacBook, the font is very large on preview but not when I click on a specific topic.
  • 4oureyes
    10 years ago
    A relatively minor issue also: The "Discussion" tab on my browser user to say "Discussions." Now it says "The Ultimate Strip Club List Member Discussions." Guess having it on a tab on my work computer is contra-indicated. Well, it always was, but it's going to be harder to do it safely...
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    I get on almost exclusively on my iPhone. Not liking it. Others said it well. It's pretty - but TOO much scrolling. I liked seeing several discussion topics at a glance.
  • ime
    10 years ago
    the font is just way too big
  • ButterMan
    10 years ago
    it sucks! i'll keep it simple!
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    I also don't like it. It's terrible on my phone and not much better on my tablet. No quiero.
  • Draper
    10 years ago
    When I click on more articles or more discussions is when the change is the most jarring for me. Other screens seem ok so far, just larger cleaner appearance.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Text overlaps on my Kindle Fire HDX.
  • founder
    10 years ago
    Please send screenshots to [view link] so I can work on fixes. Please let me know what kind of device you're using as well. This job was a lot easier when it was an 800x600 world.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I hit the next button for the next group of discussions but it didn't work after viewing this thread and going back.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    Correction, the next button isn't working at all on my iPad.
  • founder
    10 years ago
    perhaps the "next" button should be labeled "newer"?
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    Seems that you have to use the "Previous" button to look at older threads.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Next and previous are confusing. Yeah I figured it out but a newbie? Continue should be on the right and go back should be on the left. Just like the arrows on a key board.
  • sclvr5005
    10 years ago
    I'm also having issues with the new layout. Its really not optimum for mobile use.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Nope!
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    Well, it doesn't seem to be any easier for mobile devices, but Founder has taken note. BTW, it's much too large a font on a PC.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    The Sort by discussion tab seems to not be working on my pc anymore. I can click on it but do not see the options.
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    At the moment I'm traveling on business so I'm using my mobile device.....don't like the changes. At home and in my office I use a laptop.......still to be seen how things look on a laptop screen.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    fa, I doubt you will like it. Haven't seen any really positive replies.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I second what Moto said.
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    I mostly use my phone, and the changes are definitely a step backwards. I think somebody said it looks like a kids coloring book. That's a good description. As far as I know there were no complaints about the way it used to look, so why change?
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    On my hp netbook (computer) its not that bad. But on my iphone its definitely seems like a downgrade. Everything seems more jumbled on the iphone I have a feeling founder will probably change it back since it seems like it;s unanimous that people don't like the change.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    JohnSmith: "so why change?" Everyone wants to think they think like Apple.
  • kingcripple
    10 years ago
    At first I thought it was some sort of glitch. then it kept happening and I don't like it
  • joker44
    10 years ago
    I agree with the negative comments already posted. Too much space, too much scrolling to view topics. In addition, on my 7" google android tablet [kitkat] using Chrome browser in landscape mode the member id box doesn't display correctly ... member name overwrites 'Joined'. Displays okay in portrait ABOVE topic name not beside it. Punctuation now seems to display correctly and not as special characters. On both Windows PC and android tablet display is space hog; requires too much scrolling to browse topics. 'Sort by' & 'start a discussion' appear to work after only using briefly.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    I’ll give a detailed and lengthy opinion w.r.t. the changes – here we go: WTF ? :)
  • 4oureyes
    10 years ago
    This isn't the first site that I've seen attempt this kind of overhaul. It's putting form over function, and it *does* look better. If this were a "magazine" type site that might be fine, but if the intent is to convey information, the lower information density makes it *much* harder to use. One other site that is trying to do this is a tech site I frequent, and they've gotten a huge amount of pushback from the members.
  • founder
    10 years ago
    Again... Lots of complaints yet still no screen shots mailed to me [view link] Also include what type of device and resolution you're using
  • minnow
    10 years ago
    IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT!! It seems like we have a consensus for a return to the old look forum.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Founder, I don't understand. I'm on a laptop. How do you not know what your "nicer and more gentle" space wasting intro screen looks like? It looks like someone from stripperweb designed it.
  • founder
    10 years ago
    I am having a hard time visualizing what you all are speaking of. I don't see too much difference between the two layouts. Here is a screen capture of the old and new side by side: [view link] Yes, the new version has more white space, but other than that I don't see how it upsets you all so much. Please clue me in with specifics.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Hopefully this shows what I, and I guess others are seeing.[view link]
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
  • founder
    10 years ago
    mikey, that really doesn't help me fix it. I posted a picture of what the current version looks like on my monitor. I need to see screen shots from your computer, not a link to a page.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Sorry Founder, not sure what a screenshot is. What I showed you is exactly what appears on my screen. Nothing like what you showed.
  • founder
    10 years ago
    Can mikey, can you tell me what device you're using and your screen resolution?
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Laptop, windows xp, zoom 100%, 1280X800 I think. Same thing for 8 years.
  • rl27
    10 years ago
    It's horrible looking. Fonts are too big, don't like the link colors. The screen layout is far too simplistic, and the fonts are ugly. I have a large monitor with a 2560x1440 resolution, which I got so i wouldn't have to scroll as much, and I swear it's as bad as an old 1024 x 768 resolution monitor. The only good thing going for it, is that the full screen width is used.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    If you can view my pictures in my profile. I uploaded a comparison screen shots of this site to [view link] main discussion page screen shots with a dark background (less blinding for me especially when viewing a page in a dark room) extra white on the screen does not help, and you can see how many more topics and easier to read it is for abovetopsecret discussion topics. The last two pics in my profile.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    Abovetopsecret has the option to let users change their background from white to dark and I prefer the old dark style.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    It's different. I don't see the need to change it from what it was before but I don't have any problem using it.
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    I am at work in the Calgary office early this morning. tuscl is on my personal laptop screen and financial data are on the office screens. The financial data are much more difficult to read off the office screens than is anything from tuscl's new format on my laptop screen. There have been many changes to tuscl's format during my time as a tuscler. Usually I am cranky with the changes but I am always able to adapt. Cut founder some slack. He founded this site; built it to what it is today; provides services and enjoyment to his customer niche at minimal cost to us. Founder must have reasons for these changes. Suck it up, boys and girls, deal with it.
  • Clackport
    10 years ago
    ^^^Exactly Farnerart, these changes aren't the end of the world. I can and will adapt to it. Thank you Founder for making TUSCL the best strip club website in the world.
  • RickyBoyDugan
    10 years ago
    ^^^ as one of TUSCL's biggest resident faggots I will attest to that! But I still say that I suck ass even harder!
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I can still use it. I reserve the right to complain though. If people never complained, all the crap would stay around everywhere. This site usually gets better. Everyone could have just sucked it up, never said anything and left. I'm still here.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    [view link] Hey Farmer, why should I suck it up when my screen looks like this? Where is all the stuff at the top? If it looked like Founders screenshot, nobody would have complained...eh?
  • founder
    10 years ago
    Mikey, please search the web to learn how to do a screen shot, then send it to me at [view link] I can't fix your issues until I can see what's wrong. You may need to just force a complete refresh in your browser (usually ctl-r or f5)
  • Caprisun69
    10 years ago
    Unfortunately I can't do screen shots from my iPhone due too damage. If I have an iPhone I am pretty sure u touch the button on the top right and the middle circle button at the bottom. U hold both of these down at the same time
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    If you are using a Windows PC/Laptop; you may have a “PrintScreen” key - pressing this key should copy one’s screen and you can the paste (“Ctrl”+“v”) the copied screen onto your email.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    How do you do it on Kindle Fire HDX?
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    I'm no good with search engines - please handhold me through it.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Papi _ I have been using windows for many years and the print screen key does not do anything.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    I don’t use tablets so IDK – try Googling it. Well - I did a quick Google search and came up w/ this but I didn’t read thru it so IDK if it really works. [view link]
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    For Windows – using the “PrintScreen” button should copy one’s current screen – you can then paste the captured/copied screen onto a document like your email editor or Word – either right click the right mouse button and select paste or use the key shortcut of the “Cntrl” key plus the letter ‘v’ key (i.e. press *and* hold the “Cntrl” key and then the ‘v’ key; as a paste shortcut). Or you may need to hold the “Cntrl” key and then press the “PrintScreen” key and that may capture/copy your screen.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Good stuff. Thanks, Papi!
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    The GUI is looking better than it did at first. A couple of points: + the black background menu box with white letters is not a good look IMO – IMO a black background for text often does not work too well – it’s a bit hard to make out the letters – perhaps a different background color, or making the text a different color, will make the text stand out more and easier to see/read + I don’t see the thread’s OP “mini-bio” (i.e. date joined; # of reviews) displayed in the “Discussion” main view
  • chandler
    10 years ago
    I like that ignored users are now completely invisible on the redesigned topics list, like it used to be. I hope that becomes re-implemented on the thread pages, too. However, it appears that there is no way to put new trolls on ignore from the topics list. You would have to click on their topic or their profile to get to an ignore button. Requiring the extra step would probably mean more exposure for them and less for discussions.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion