tuscl

How to get to Platinum West?

reignfire
South Carolina
Thursday, June 5, 2014 5:11 AM
I just found out that the city of West Columbia is building a new exit near PW so that it'll be much easier to get to the club. However, the road to the club has been blocked off. Even the back road near the airport has been blocked off as well. I think there is a side road near the club that may be open but I have no idea how to get on that road. Any directions to get to the club would be greatly appreciated.

19 comments

• motorhead
    10 years ago
    You can't get there from here
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Follow the yellow brick road.
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    Went there last Friday,was cursing out the world trying to find the place.The ramp you speak of will take about two years to complete causing the platinum chain great financial strain. I feel building the ramp was a ploy from the local government,they knew exactly what they were doing when they negotiated the terms of closing down Heartbreakers. If I were Ken Wood I would fire my legal staff.
  • gawker
    10 years ago
    Practice, practice, practice.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I know how to get to Sesame Street.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I saw signs saying the road was going to be closed going the easy route. I was hoping someone would have posted the way. I looked up how to get there coming from the other direction. looks like coming from the north on i26, take exit 113 to the right to get onto airport blvd as if you are going to the airport. Will continue in next post.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    When you are next to the airport and runways, look for a small connectiing road called creek side, take a left away from the airport and you should see Dunbar road with a short jog. Take another left going in the direction of i26. club will be on the left. I believe this will bypass the road closed if it is from the other direction.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    If you keep going on airport blvd which is the same as or becomes Edmund or highway 302, Dunbar intersects the highway after you go past the airport, taking a left onto Dunbar towards the east or southeast will take you to the club. Just takes a few extra minutes it looks like.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    Coming from the north, the burger king exit, probably same as exit 113, burger king you will take a left onto airport blvd or highway 302, the club you will take a left. airport blvd, highway 302, Edmund road, all the same road IMO.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    meant to say take a right onto airport road for the club. If you see Burger King, you went the wrong way unless you're hungry. lol
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    to search yourself, just type in burger king somewhere around 1928 airport blvd to 1995 old Dunbar road if I remember the addresses.
  • gatorfan
    10 years ago
    Drive north approximately 15 miles, turn left, then another left, then stop and get out of your car leaving it in neutral and put your head to the road surface for 15 minutes. If your car rolls on top of your head you are there.
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    Have it your way, shark!
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    @shark - ok, I'm at the Burger King, now which way do I go?
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    I was there last night and again this afternoon. Shark is correct. If you follow your GPS it will tell you to go south on I-26 and exit at US176. If you do you will hit the bridge construction on Old Dunbar Rd. You need to exit on 113 US302 Cayce going towards the airport. when you have the airport in site, your GPS will then give you the right directions. Which is what shark said and is the posted detour. According to the outside bouncer at the club, the closure is expected to last the rest of the month. I will be doing a review shortly.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    Thanks for the update Shadowcat.
  • aroundtown
    10 years ago
    PW is a Good choice vs the old PP. Many of the good dancers from PP are flocking to PW. The best way to get there is i26 East, get off exit 115, take left on 321, take left on Dunbar, club a mile on right. Peace
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    aro0undtown - Dude...you just gave everyone directions on how to get to the Old Dunbar Rd closure. And Having just been there, I disagree about the quality of the girls. Most of the PP dancers do not want to go to PW and take it all off for a bunch of cheap red necks bringing in their own beer.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    @Shadow-Haha.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion