tuscl

Rome Without Strippers

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
I took a 2 week vacation in Rome without strippers. When I mentioned my plans, several dancers said they would like to go with me, but I did not seriously consider them. I might have taken my CF with me but she had family issues that prevented her from going. It was just as well. Two weeks in the close confines of a hotel room with a stripper would probably have turned me murderous--or gay.

Rome does not seem to have any good strip clubs. On-line searches told me that Rome clubs are clip joints designed to rip off tourists. I was not even tempted to visit them.

Without the delights or encumbrances of strippers, I got my fill of ancient ruins like the Coliseum, the Palatine Hill and the Roman forums. I spent a lot of time in the Capitoline Museum and the Etruscan Museum. I visited the Vatican Museums and the the Sistine Chapel and St Peter's Basilica.

My dancer friends would have enjoyed Rome's food and beautiful weather and major tourist sights. But I think they would have become bored with my focus on ancient history. (If it's old and falling to pieces, I love to look at it.) And strippers would have wanted to go shopping in the expensive stores lining the Via del Condotti, not far from my hotel.

Traveling alone, I only had to pay for my own food and activities and a few souvenirs. Since I saw no strippers for 2 weeks, I saved a ton of money. The trip practically paid for itself.

But now I'm back and ready to re-connect with my stripper friends. Perhaps the culture I absorbed with help me get into their pants.

11 comments

• Clubber
    10 years ago
    jack,

"If it's old and falling to pieces, I love to look at it." I hope you aren't talking about dancers. :)
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Jack: "Perhaps the culture I absorbed with help me get into their pants."

Lol!
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    I believe the word "orgy" originates from the Greeks not the Romans
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    I can't imagine take a stripper abroad. One of my favorite parts of traveling alone is meeting the native women.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    I take it there were no Sophia Loren types walking around
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    There were some good looking young Italian girls in skinny jeans and boots and makeup. None as attractive as Sophia Loren. The older Italian women seemed heavy and squat. All Italians smoke cigarettes.

The historical center of Rome was thick with tourists, who clogged the little cobblestone streets and narrow sidewalks. The tourists walked slowly and were hard to get around. But the worst thing about the tourists was that they got in the way of the sights I wanted to see.

• motorhead
    10 years ago
    Did you go to Olive Garden?
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    My most powerful memory of Rome from my two visits to the place is just how bad that city stinks.

Any change in that, jack?
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    @che,

My two visits to Rome were in the 1970s - R & R breaks from a contract in North Africa; so perhaps Rome is not so stinky now. I certainly agree with you that Paris remains a stinky place.

In general, I find almost all big cities smell bad; even Calgary and Edmonton out here in Alberta. Remember that I live in a sparsely populated rural area in central Alberta.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    @Che-Your observations pretty much mirror my folks on Rome and Paris.

Neither has beaches, oceans, and waves so they don't interest me.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    I did not notice a stink in Rome. The Tiber River, which is surprisingly small and shallow, moves very slowly. Perhaps at times it smells.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion