tuscl

Money showers

A month or so ago, at "the club of choice", I saw a guy standing at the stage with a roll of ones. At a certain point, he started peeling ones off of the roll, with enough force that they flew in the direction of the dancer, and landed around her, with some making contact. He was doing it at a fast enough rate that he probably dispensed $60-70 before the song was over. It was a great attention-getter, as everyone in the club was watching, probably to see how long this would go on.

Have you heard about this? Do any of you have any idea how dancers feel about this? I can see how a dancer might find it humiliating (she has to get on the floor to pick up the scratch), rewarding (gets her lot of free attention, and indicates to other patrons that she is something special), or just enjoyable ($60 is, after all, $60).

What are your thoughts?

14 comments

• FONDL
    19 years ago
    Correct, AN. Show-N-Tell Showbar is unlike any other club I've ever been to. It's one of those places that you enter through an XXX magazine/movie store. You go out the back door and can turn either right or left. If you turn right, you circle around to the stage area. If you go left, you come to a group of ladies standing outside small cubicles offering bed dances, fully nude and very high contact. (These are different ladies than the dancers although some of the dancers will do bed dances too.) In the stage area there aren't any seats, everyone stands or sits on their coolers (it's BYOB and groups of guys bring coolers.) The girls don't do much dancing on stage, they put on sex shows including girl-girl, fully nude. Then they circulate talking to guys and soliciting laps. The one time I was there the girls were surprizingly attractive. The place is very popular, mostly a very young crowd. The whole scene reminds me of a college fraternity where guys have hired some hookers to entertain them in the house basement. It's noisey and crude, not at all my cup of tea. But it's probably worth seeing once. Drink a lot first.

BTW, I used to spend a lot of time in DC and am familiar with most of the clubs there. I mostly hung out at Archibald's. I ended up going to Maryland most of the time for my clubbing because I don't like the DC rules.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    FONDL, I think I've heard of that place. Is it "Show & Tel" ? I hear they have a great girl/girl show. Never been though.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I know it's not exactly the same thing, but at a club in Philly there's a rope a few feet in front of the stage so customers can't hand the girls money. The girls lay on their backs with legs spread and guys toss crumpled bills at them. If you hit the target you get some sort of prize, I forget what. Some guys obviously find it amusing but it doesn't do much for me. The girls don't even bother dancing on stage.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    I almost forgot one important detail. Leaving tips on the stage is fairly common in DC, so the dancers will often kick them to the back and pick them up at the end of the set.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    ChiTown, Yep, pretty much. I'll also note that the money shower/big stage tip usually mean you want the dancers company also, or you are a regular.
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    I see...sort of like the rule that you don't point a gun unless you are intending to shoot it, and you don't shoot your weapon unless you are planning on killing what you are shooting at.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    At the DC clubs (no private dances) this is not uncommon. It is however considered bad taste to show your roll if you are only tipping a few dollars. Dancers give a stage side show based on what the customer shows. A single dollar gets a closeup peek, $2 is little longer, $5 definite closeup pink and maybe some light contact if the bouncer isn't looking, etc. Holding the roll out usually means a money shower and when you only tip a few dollars the dancers get pissed.
  • Clubber
    19 years ago
    I saw it once in Salt lake City back about 1995. The guy that did it was a pro basketball player in town to play the Jazz. He shall remain nameless here.
  • SuperDude
    19 years ago
    If the shower is done with $10's no one would complain!
  • DandyDan
    19 years ago
    I have seen this, but it always seems to be Indian guys and they don't give away $60, at least as far as I noticed.
  • jctone
    19 years ago
    I have seen this too. I think it is someone way of getting off without really getting off. It is usually with a certain group of people that seems to enjoy this activity.

The dancers does not care how they are being handed the money. Most of them like the attention because it brings more clients to them. Most people would think there was something special about her and get a dance to see.
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    My thoughts when someone showers a dancer in money is usually either that guy has lots of money to burn or he doesn't get out to strip clubs very often. He could have easily chatted with her and gotten lap dances for that much money just thrown away. I see dancers picking up money off the stage a lot so that seems like no big deal. Easy money for the dancer.
  • komey1970
    19 years ago
    Only saw it one day that I can remember. The girls did come over to that table after. I don't remember if the guys did private dances.
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    Since posting the original question starting this thread, I decided to do some original research, and asked a dancer. She told me that she would like it...the cash wins out.

My tiproll normally includes about twenty one dollar bills...I'm now debating whether I need to drastically increase that portion of the portfolio.

Not a statistically significant sample, obviously, but it does go to the source.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion