tuscl

OT: To kill a mocking bird.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
And I ain't talking about the movie. That fucker goes all night long right outside my bedroom window. The used to tag team my cat. One would get his attention and the other would dive bomb him from behind a take a chunk of hair out of the back of his head.

Can I buy a night scope with a silencer. The cops around here don't like gun shots even in the day time. :)

22 comments

• georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    Get another cat.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    410 shotgun
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    Hey Mr. Scat,still no word on who got shit canned last Thursday?
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Stumblingdice - WHy the fuck are you asking me? I live 240 miles from Columbia and it has been 6 months since I have been there. You are the smart ass that claims to know everything.
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    Because Scat,if it weren't for me you'd have nobody to text all day.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    sc,

Usually the birds have a nest nearby. If you can find it, just move it far away. Of course you may get pecked in the process.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Buy a snake.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Clubber - I don't climb trees anymore. Last month it was a BIG wood pecker. Pecked a hole in the side of my house big enough to get in and start building a nest. Kept throwing my insulation out of the hole. I had to pay my handy man $50 to get his 40 foot ladder up there and plug the hole with sheet metal and paint it. Some other birds built a nest in the exhaust vent from my clothes dryer. I let that one go and also the one they built on the hanging plant on my back deck.

This place is for the birds. :)
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Pick a new place and CLOSE! :)
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    It figures you would reference a movie all about racial injustice in the south.She told me you were the biggest racist she had ever met.Go ahead tell us how you weren't sitting with Bonesbrother.You really are a Gregory Pecker.
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    How about a WristRocket slingshot or high-powered equivalent with about a half-inch ball bearing or even a decent size marble. Practice a bit - you will find it very accurate and a noiseless killer.

A Gamo air rifle with a scope is another effective (but more expensive) option .
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I always wondered about a rumour about putting Alka seltzer pieces in rolled up bread dough if it would really make birds pop. I do not know but I heard the rumour somewhere. It was probably one of the helpful sales clerks at the local Walmart. They hire all kinds of people there. If your neighbors don't notice, a paintball rifle will likely scare the bird. It might dent your house or break a window too though. If there were not any gun laws where I live, the only birds near my house would be quiet birds. I've thought about cutting down every tree and bush in my yard. I never got too far with that idea. In a shtf scenario, it will get quiet. All those birds will be food.
  • ilbbaicnl
    10 years ago
    Maybe a crossbow with a tether on the bolt to keep it in your yard?
  • Jackmd
    10 years ago
    The only answer to getting rid of mocking birds is to find the nest and destroy it. This is easier said than done. Cats are little help although a good dog may be useful in finding the nest. Shotguns are also helpfull but irritate neighbors and tend to attract law enforcement activity. Watch and see where they fly to and from. If the nest is high in a tree a tree pole can help remove the branch. Good luck.
  • Caprisun69
    10 years ago
    The key is to get a bigger bird and let nature and survival of the fittest run its course. A good analogy was the juicebox6⃣9⃣🆚shadow😺 showdown and an unfortunate death occured
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    You need to be smarter than a bird.

I suggest a stuffed owl to start. All birds steer well clear of owls. I like the snake and better cat suggestions too, as well as a trained hunting dog.

Call Turtleman if all else fails; he's looking for a job. Live action!

• Clubber
    10 years ago
    Go to the pet shop and buy a couple of golden eagles. The other birds will quickly leave. Gets rid of pesky other critters as well.
  • ilbbaicnl
    10 years ago
    Dogfight it with a radio-controlled model plane.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    It's 11:20PM and so far mot a peep out of him. I wonder if the eggs had hatched and the chicks had been kicked out of the nest? Anyhow I'm enjoying the quiet.
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    Yeah,thats great Flocat.
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    I'm over seventy and I FEEL GREAT>
  • jabthehut
    10 years ago
    Shadow, Georgia recently passed a law that allows use of a silencer on hunting rifles.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion