tuscl

The Free Dance Gambit: Accept or Decline?

The free dance gambit seems to be on the rise round these parts. Do you accept or decline?

10 comments

• baddy
    19 years ago
    I've never heard this offer before either, and to be honest I would be very skeptical of it. If it was a girl I would not mind paying for a dance from the I would do it, going into the dance with the assumption I will have to pay (scam, guilt, whatever).
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    I don't recall someone offer a free dance but it seems to be a scam to me where she could dance for 1 or 2 minutes, then ask "shall I continue? that was your freebie if she even makes it that obvious. Sounds more like let's go back and give you a dance, then we can discuss how much you owe her after she has given you a dance. I discuss dance prices before I go get one if the prices are not set in stone. As a customer who doesn't know her, you don't know if she will argue with you and then bring in the bouncer as a major threat to you if you don't cooperate and pay up. If you don't like her, trust her etc. don't do it unless you enjoy taking gambles and don't mind getting burned.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    If it were like a $1 mini-lap only longer and cheaper, I accept those with girls I'm not sure I want a dance from. I think the key words are "insists you come with her". It doesn't sound much different from, "Come to the VIP and we can discuss prices. Not out here."
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I've never had the offer. But I do remember asking a girl I knew about an older and not very attractive dancer who seemed to be always giving private dances, and was told that the girl was doing them for free so I guess it happens. If I don't like a girl enough to buy a dance I'd never accept a free one from her.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    Neither have I, and when a dancer throws in an extra dance after I've bought one or more, "free" dance is really a misnomer.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    Never heard of the first one being a freebie.
  • JC2003
    19 years ago
    Maybe she knows a bouncer well enough to call him over and cry foul after you try to skip the club without paying for the dance. That is classic "clip joint" MO.
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    Never heard of that one. But when laps are $10, free just seems to be somehow...not right. I could see it at places where dances are $25, however.
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    Please describe. It hasn't hit any clubs that I frequent.
  • davids
    19 years ago
    Dancer walks up, tries a seven minutes pitch and fails. Insists you come with her for a free dance, "then if you like it you can get more".
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion