tuscl

Do you support clubs that take a portion of each LD

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 8:30 AM
I have been to a few clubs that take a cut of each and every dance that a girl does. I find this to be in really bad taste, as the club is making great money off of the bar bill. Personally I for one try not to be a repeat visitor at these clubs

11 comments

• DandyDan
    19 years ago
    I'm not sure it's possible not to. It seems like all clubs, or at least all of them around here, make the dancer pay a fee to someone for each lap dance.
  • SuperDude
    19 years ago
    I try to focus on whether or not I'm getting value for my money and avoid worrying about where the money goes. I stopped going to one club, though, because they charged the dancers for mandatory parking, meals and drinks in addition to a percentage of dances and tipout. No wonder some dancers get aggressive to the point of being obnoxious. They only way to stop that is not patronize that club.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Chandler, you are of course correct. Strip clubs are the least consumer friendly of any business I can think of. Not all of them, some of the local titty-bars are pretty decent, but every gentlemen's club that I've ever visited has treated customers like their enemy. I can maybe understand that if they're the only game in town, but it's equally true in areas that have lots of competition. Anytime I have ever posted a suggestion for improvement on a club's web site, instead of thanking me for it all I've ever gotten is an argument. Can you imagine any other type of business doing that?
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    If you pay someone other than the dancer it is because the club takes a cut of every. I kind of dislike it. It also tends to kill any ability to bargain.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    Fondl, I think clubs are so absurdly paranoid that somebody might cheat them out of a buck because it's their standard practice to cheat everyone they deal with using every angle they can. They assume that's how everyone else operates. They take it to irrational lengths because they believe their honor is at stake. They're like the Mob that way. Okay, most likely they *are* the Mob. Furthermore, they believe they can put us through any ordeal they devise with no consequence to their business, because they think they have a monopoly on pussy. They've paid off the right people to obtain one of a finite number of licenses to operate in their community, so they treat customers and dancers alike as captive resources. Any consideration of what customers want doesn't even occur to them. Or if it does, it's only when they think of ways to trick us into believing we'll score in their $300 VIP room. At least that's how it seems.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I usually avoid clubs where you have to pay a third party for the laps because like others have said it's an annoying intrusion between customer and dancer. And I guess the reason they run it that way is because the house is taking a cut of the dance fee and doesn't trust the dancer to give an accurate count. To me that's like installing a $10,000 alarm system to stop a $1,000 theft, also know as being penny wise and pound foolish. I've found that most clubs don't do it that way, unless there is a private room involved, then they either take a cut or charge a room fee separate from what you give the dancer. That can sometimes be OK if it means extra privacy. At one club I like, the dj sits outside the LD rooms and you pay him for the first dance, but for any additional dances you pay the girl directly so I'm not sure if the house takes a cut each time or not, maybe only for the first one. I used to go to a club in WV where the girl gave your money to the bartender before each dance. But the dances were given upstairs and the bar was downstairs. So after each song, the dancer had to get dressed and run downstairs to hand over the dance fee before she could do another one. That was probably the stupidest set-up I've ever seen. It must have cost both dancers and club a lot of money. Why do clubs do such dumb stuff?
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    At the risk of going off topic, I have always found the Deja Vu chains to be like the MacDonald's of the sc business..they offer a standardized, bland, predictable product. And the hustle is worse than any other club I've been in.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    Davids, I posted above before seeing yours. But it just so happens that Deja Vus are everywhere around here, and they are the ones I was speaking of avoiding. I don't know whether they have changed their dance cut policy here. I know some guys swear they get great dances at a couple of the Deja Vus, but even if that's true, I don't care for the experience they offer.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    I don't support them, but not out of principle. Around here, clubs that take a cut are the same ones I avoid because of a lot of other annoying practices. Like I posted in another thread, the mere fact that the club is counting her dances usually indicates that they don't have a clue where their proper place is, and won't hesitate to interfere in dancer-customer encounters, much to the detriment of their main product.
  • davids
    19 years ago
    The local DejaVu used to operate on this model: There was a flat fee and then the house would take a cut out of every dance, and a big cut out of the specials. Dancer who sold enough dances were not charged the flat fee. Since then they have dropped the model and it's now just a flat fee like all the other clubs. One benefit of this model was that there was a little person who would come around and keep careful track of how many dances each girl gave. This was helpful when dealing with a couple of scammers who tried to charge me for more dances than I got. I also think the fee per dance model discourage extras since the girls know someone is keeping an eye on them. In the flat fee model, no seems to care. Whether a club turning a blind eye toward extras or actively trying to stomp them out is a good idea or not, who make an interesting thread in itself.
  • easyed14
    19 years ago
    Out here in So. California, the majority of SC's take a percentage of the lap dance dollar. I'd rather the dancer get it all but ultimately the only thing that concerns me is am I getting my moneys worth from the dancer and is the entire bar experience enjoyable? Those are the things that determine whether or not I'll support that particular club.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion