tuscl

'Inappropriate' SC Music

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 7:57 PM
On a recent brief SC visit I witnessed a stage dancer get horribly razzed by the horndogs in the audience about her choice of music for her stage set. The songs that she chose were what I would call Classic Chick Rock. I recognized one of the tunes - 'Gloria' by Laura Branigan but not the other 3 tunes. There was a tune with the repeating line -'I can feel your heart beating' and other similar melodramatic crap. The final tune for the 'gaping vagina loonie/toonie toss' was some slower piece all about roses. The boys in gyno row were just brutal with comments about the dancer's choice of music. The poor dancer didn't do well with the coin toss tips, either. I felt a bit sorry for her and laid a double sawbuck on the stage for her as I left the club - she was young, fresh-faced, and kind of cute.

18 comments

• tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    As long as it wasn't Rush.
  • rh48hr
    10 years ago
    Girls select music they like to move to. Imo the dudes on pervert row are losers and out of line. If you don't like the music don't tip her. She will eventually get the hint and change or continue to lose out on money. No need to rip her verbally. Selecting the right music can have an effect on earning potential. I know I've tipped dancers if they have had good music I liked and actually worked on stage instead of just moving around. Even if the dancer wasn't exactly my type.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    If that chick was a a salty bet then she would've let them boys know what time it is.
  • chattguy123
    10 years ago
    Being that i absolutely love music, i will go out of my way to tip at stage if the dancer plays something good and not normally played. I remember about two months ago a new, young , dancer played some great 80s music. Definitley tipped her at stage and we hit it off talking about what kind of music we like and now i have someone to regularly go with me to see live music.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Guess she didn't like the limelight
  • carl95
    10 years ago
    Them-Gloria > Laura Branigan-Gloria
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    Any dancer that chooses 80s music is guaranteed to get a big stage tip from me. One of my fav memories is of a girl dancing (barefoot no less) to "Come On Eileen" by Dexys Midnight Runners, lol
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    They play music in strip clubs?
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    On the other hand, I was talking to a young dancer recently about music. When I asked if she liked 80s music, she replied "the 80s? Oh, I wasn't born yet" lol
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    I was in a club one night where the club's computer had crashed the night before and the DJ couldn't play the normal set of songs. He had to resort to using CD's from the dancer's personal music they brought in. Lol. That was an interesting night.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Ditto td! rush is near the bottom, IMHO.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    From my experience, too many of these younger strippers don't know good music, period. Regardless of genre. I wasn't born in the 20's-40's but I appreciate Jazz & the Rat Pack. I wasn't born in the 60's but Lord knows I've piloted the Crystal Ship down Frog Street to The Whiskey Bar. What hurt the most was when this stripper actually said that Lil' Wayne was the best rapper ever WHILE I was wearing a Tupca shirt. I almost strangled her, then and there.
  • looneylarry
    10 years ago
    Sometimes I cringe when a dancer picks some thrash metal mess. I would think some good R&B standard would get the juices flowing. Art, have you done a post yet about thus loonie toss? I have never seen it. Do the girls actually spread it and the guys try to wing a coin at their snatch? Doesn't it sound like hell, all the clattering? Are there some ass swipes that throw it at the girl just a little too hard? On the other hand, here in the States, I always wonder about the odds that a one dollar bill has passed through a strip club at some point. Probably pretty good odds.
  • skibum609
    10 years ago
    Usually hate it when dancers choose the music so I was surprised when a young, petite , incredibly beautiful ebony dancer chose "its too late" - Jim Carroll Band - "when I come around" - Green Day --"I wanna be sedated" -- The Ramones for her set. Rare for me to spend two hours with the same dancer but she was worth 6 and all my money.
  • ilbbaicnl
    10 years ago
    If your local strip club is playing bad music, there is a tasteful way of handling it. Take up a collection to pay for Papi Chulo and his favorite stripper to come for a visit. The two of them can then come to your club, and he can moterboat her ass cheek until they put on better music.
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    Slick: And all this time I thought Tupac was the man, not Tupca ;-)
  • LeeH
    10 years ago
    You guys are lucky. You live in a city where the dancers actually have a say over their music. Most DJs in Atlanta play whatever the fuck they want. It's outrageous that the dancers have to pay these fuckers a tip-out for their musical masturbation. That said, jackslash said it best when he said, "They play music in strip clubs?" If you notice the music, the dancer is doing a sub-par job. Beyond that, any dancer that doesn't just go through the motions will have genres/songs to which she moves better, sometimes significantly so. If your tastes supersede that, I weep for America.
  • dallas702
    10 years ago
    Some screwball DJ once played "A Little Night Music" by Mozart (Orchestra, violins, classical - long). I was getting a lapdance at the time and the dancer laughed and tried to grind in time with the music. She failed and got very distracted trying harder to keep in time. It was not as fun as it might have been! I love classical, I adore good lap dances. The two do not often go together.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion