tuscl

Alcohol and her time

Subraman
Car key and wallet dating your sister
From the Buying Drinks thread on SW: https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/showth…

From Yoda: "Trying to use drinks to leverage time with a dancer is a joke that's totally on you. It will last until her feet don't hurt anymore or until she sees another opportunity to sell a dance. "

Not surprisingly, that's the straight-up dancer-pleasing answer. But it doesn't jibe with reality as I experience it in the SC ... keeping a girl in drinks in my experience almost always buys me at least the time it takes for her to finish the drink, and often substantially more -- it's BY FAR the cheapest way to buy dancer time. There are always the super-high-hustle girls who might not go along, especially on a packed Saturday night, but otherwise? What about you guys ... is buying the stripper a drink "a joke that's totally on you", have my experiences been unrepresentative, or is that just SW reality (not to be confused with reality reality)?

28 comments

• jackslash
    11 years ago
    I buy strippers drinks all the time. I like to sit and chat with them and get buzzed. Then I take them to VIP and fuck them.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    There seems to be a strange fascination with things SW around here. Hmm...
  • Subraman
    11 years ago
    Come on, is it really "strange" that strip club hounds would be fascinated with the views of strippers? Even if on a site in which there's as much venting and wishful thinking as insight (come to think of it, that describes this place too)
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    I believe that the fascination is involved with a different aspect of SW.
  • Dolfan
    11 years ago
    I buy dancers drinks fairly regularly. Like you, doing so typically results in spending at least the time it takes to finish the drink and then some sitting and chatting. My sample is probably a bit skewed though, I usually buy drinks for girls I have a history with. They'd probably sit and chat with me for a while anyway, as I'm fairly blue chip for them and as Yoda insinuated they can often use a break. I have bought a drink for a dancer I just met on more than one occasion, and I can think of only a few occasions where they've drank and dashed.

Usually, I have the opposite problem. It can be hard to get rid of a dancer who's sat and had a few drinks with me. I doubt its my overwhelming charisma or my vasocongestive inducing good looks. I think some chicks just like to get loaded and have a good time, others probably don't realize or aren't willing to accept that their investment isn't going to pay off.
  • knight_errant
    11 years ago
    I've taken to buying drinks more lately as I have found it can be a great strategic investment. Take yesterday, at a favorite out-of-town club that has widely available extras. After an undesirable wench came up to me and rubbed her butt on my leg for a few minutes and thankfully got called to the stage, a dancer I favored once on a previous visit came over and made the usual proposition. I pointed to my full beer and explained that I just got here- blah, blah, blah. But she was attractive - an 8 - and while I wanted to scope out the talent in the club, I didn't want to necessarily lose her. Especially as she mentioned she already had a buzz on (it was 2pm). So I bought her a drink, cost maybe around $8 and that got her running interference for me (against the more fugly dancers) while I scoped out the room. All the while, she's shifting through the gears and getting well-greased for the CR. If I had identified a more likely candidate while she had her drink, that's the path I would have been free to follow.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    be careful bro, you might get banned
  • Subraman
    11 years ago
    Dolfan: "I have bought a drink for a dancer I just met on more than one occasion, and I can think of only a few occasions where they've drank and dashed."

Yes, exactly my point. It's nearly always a fantastic investment. And even if she was just using it for a break ... well, if she spent 20 minutes with me for a $5 drink, that's fine with me. That said, I don't cynically try to use drinks as a way to screw the girls over: if she spent 40 minutes drinking with me, I'm certainly buying dances. I don't screw the girls over. I'm making the simple observation that buying the girls drinks is, in my experience, a great way to spend your money and almost never a joke on you.

Dolfan: "Usually, I have the opposite problem. It can be hard to get rid of a dancer who's sat and had a few drinks with me".

If I've bought her a "few" drinks, chances are I don't want to get rid of her, I want to do dances. But if I would like to part ways, and she's spent a lot of time with me, and I still nevertheless don't want to dance with her, I'll slip her some cash under the table and tell her I'd like to meet some other girls. She'll usually be happy since the club has no idea and doesn't take any of that cash.
  • looneylarry
    11 years ago
    Is anybody really surprised that a stripper site would take the view that they are always in control and standing ready to fleece the gullible customers? Or that a monger site would take the view that we will always find the best value for the money and are disengaged bad asses? Maybe both sides are guilty of overplaying their hands a bit?

My views on drinks is that there are too many clubs that use the drinks as yet another way to make money. They don't want their dancers falling down drunk, but they want their customers buying as many drinks as they can (note I didn't say buying as much alcohol as they can). So, I think the dancers and the barmaids and the bartenders all have this wink and nod that the dancer gets a watered down drink (unless the dancer does a little kickback to the house or the bartender). The customer gets enough alcohol to loosen his wallet, but the club doesn't want the customers to be falling down drunk, either, with all the problems that brings.

So the dancer drink is less of a clever ploy by the dancer and more of a greedy play by the house. It is true that it in effect buys a dancer's time, but it is little more than that. They are little ticking timers sitting on the cocktail tables, and when the drink is gone so is the dancer. In some clubs, they get their money other ways, so they don't stress the drinks.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Esta,I feel you will turn a corner when you learn to jerkoff.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "Maybe both sides are guilty of overplaying their hands a bit?"

Most likely.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Likely Most?AAH,MMMMMM.
  • Subraman
    11 years ago
    larry: "Is anybody really surprised that a stripper site would take the view that they are always in control and standing ready to fleece the gullible customers? Or that a monger site would take the view that we will always find the best value for the money and are disengaged bad asses? Maybe both sides are guilty of overplaying their hands a bit?"

Definitely not, they're strippers-behaving-badly to our customers-behaving-badly, complete with venting, lying about how you act in order to impress others, etc. Still, you can find insight in both places if you go through enough posing bullshit. Still, I can't see how a customer who has been around as long as Yoda can say, with a straight face, that buying a girl a drink is a joke on you ... it's just pandering for thank-yous. It's a good purchase, so buy her a drink you cheap fucks, you'll be paid back in spades, it almost always gets you an outsized chunk of time in return.
  • Subraman
    11 years ago
    Sorry, my "definitely not" was in response to your question of "is anybody surprised?". Not in response to "maybe both sides are guilty of overplaying their hands a bit" ... that's definitely true, except it's more than just "a bit"
  • sofaking87
    11 years ago
    I must be the cheap bastard of the crowd, I save my cash for the LD's. If a lady won't stay I tell her to visit later.
  • knightwish
    11 years ago
    Not sure what setoff the 1/2 dozen anti SW posts a day here but then again I don't know the history.

@Subraman -- Well I posted on that thread and you can see I agree with you. It doesn't always work but it often does. I think you are absolutely spot on. I think the SW idea that most dancers are effectively maximizing their income is myth. Dancers, like people in most industries when they are in the game screw up making real time calls. They may in theory and the cold light of day aim for simple revenue maximizing but in practice they have a high stress unpleasant job and finding a good customer where they get a good earn (or sometimes worse) is often what they end up doing in practice. Then add to that there are lots of dancers who aren't even aiming to income maximize. They may be far ahead of money looking for guys who want to do drugs with them. They may be people who don't want to hold down a regular job with regular hours, for a variety of reasons, but aren't terribly disciplined even at work.
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    The only time I buy a dancer a drink is if I'm trying to get her back to my place, just like in a nightclub.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    @ Subraman:

You can know consider yourself officially banned on SW – and if you are not a member; then consider yourself pre-banned :)

All the others posting on this thread are coconspirators and will at least be placed on SW double-secret probation
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    “… Not sure what setoff the 1/2 dozen anti SW posts a day here but then again I don't know the history …”

It was that trouble maker Yoda :)
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    On a more serious note – there probably isn’t one go-to/never-fail strategy when it comes to dealing w/ dancers as each dancer, and custy; is different.

On another website which shall remain nameless since I am not the type to cross-post or cross-reference :); I’ve often heard dancers stating that they often need a drink; or a couple; in order to do their job – yet other dancers will state that it affects their hustle.

Normally I’m not one for socializing much in the SCs; like “sofaking”; I’m in there for a grope and grind fest.

I also like variety and getting dances from many different dancers – so as others have mentioned; buying the dancer a drink can lead her on that you want to spend either a lot of time with her or a lot of $$$ just on her – which is not the case for me – just a couple LDs and I’m ready to move on.

So it just really comes down to a matter of personal preference as with many other SC related things; IMHO.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    An excerpt from a recent Follies (Atlanta) review:

“… Pet Peeves. Damn, my list of pet peeves at the SC gets longer and longer. My latest pet peeve is buying overpriced drink for stripper, who never drinks the damn thing. Was discussing this with another buddy and he said just say NO. Well one of my favs was giving me a dance and she wanted a drink. She asked me and I said NO (felt like cheap bastard, lol!). So she flags down a waitress and asks again and I said NO again, so she said she would pay for it (still feeling like cheap bastard). The beocming-less-of-FAV stripper girl starts purring and cuddling until the waitress comes back with the drink. By this time I give in and buy it. She is hanging around for couple of minutes and one of her sugar-daddy customers arrives and she heads over there with promise to "be back in couple of minutes". So guess what? She never comes back and never drinks the drink. It is not the price of the thing but the principle of the thing. I have to be firmer with the NO. …”

https://www.tuscl.net/rev.php?M=C&RID=20…

• knightwish
    11 years ago
    @Papi --

If you are looking for hit and run grind and grope clubs that allow dancers to mess with you while on stage and the dollar parade. Other than that... yeah there ain't much you can do.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I don't buy drinks for dancers real often but sometimes I do. One dancer in a very slow club repaid me with a bj. She did want an extra tip though. A dancer who asks for a drink and gets it and runs will never get much respect from me after that unless she had to go up on stage. I won't ever spend that much money on her again. She can forget about ever asking me for a dance since I will never agree to one with her. If I run into such a dancer in a club, I might not buy any other dancer a drink either after that.
  • Subraman
    11 years ago
    hotstuff: at one of the clubs I go to, if the girls order their drink with a maraschino cherry, that's the signal to the waitress to make it alcohol free. Unfortunately, some of us regulars know that :) Good points about the pressure the club puts on the girls to get drinks regardless. Typically, I will have discussed with her in advance of the waitress ever coming by if she wants a drink, in front of the waitress is not the right time.
  • knightwish
    11 years ago
    @Hotstuff --

Good point. Lots of women have to hustle drinks as part of their job. It is a good way to keep the club management off her back. Which isn't bad money for one $8 coke / hr.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Yoda is and always has been a mindless mouthpiece and ass-kisser for the official Stripperweb worldview. Won't be at all surprised if he has some financial interest there.
  • magicrat
    11 years ago
    One good thing about where I club is that the dancer drinks are regularly priced with regular amounts of alcohol. Most dancers in my neck of the woods will sit and talk at least until they finish their drink and then want another typically. Guess I don't understand why a guy wouldn't spend $6 on a drink for a dancer, but to each his own.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Once again, Looney Larry hits you with the truth of the matter. I will buy a dancer a drink but only certain dancers.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion