tuscl

How many clubs have house moms?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
The only club that I know that has one is Follies in Atlanta. The Crazy Horse Saloon also in Atlanta had one until they closed.

17 comments

• samsung1
    11 years ago
    I know of three in Columbus that have house moms. In one club it is a stripper's mom who is the house mom. Another club it is a former dancer who is the house mom. They make their money from tip outs and selling outfits to the girls.
  • lopaw
    11 years ago
    I have heard of them but have never been to a club that has one. I hope to become one one day.
  • samsung1
    11 years ago
    Also should mention that day shift might not have a house mom but the night shift does
  • CarlosDanger
    11 years ago
    The last time I was at Brad's Brass Flamingo in Indy they had a house mom. She would collect money in the VIP room and keep $10 from each session for herself. Seemed like a pretty easy gig.
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    One of my regular clubs has a house mom. I assume she is a long-retired ex-dancer because she looks like she's 50+, maybe even 60+. I occasionally see her because sometimes, she has to make the trek downstairs from the dressing room to the security area, which necessitates a trip from one end of the club to the other.
  • jestrite50
    11 years ago
    @Carlos

Yes Brads in Indy has a house mom on top of coecting the VIP money like you said she acts as a liaison or shop steward between the girls and management. She will go to bat for them on certain occasions if they are fired unjustly and work out issues pricing and changes in policy with management.
    The latest was the no smoking change and dance price change.
    At least this is what dancers there have told me.
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    It is a very common practice in the northeast and most clubs in NY/CT, with the exception of the smaller dives, have them. It is no skin off of the clubs' teeth since they require the girls to tipout the house moms directly. Some of the house moms also earn additional cash by selling things to the dancers.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    BTW the Follies house mom is so young that she has had 2 kids in the last 2-3 years.
  • knightwish
    11 years ago
    When I was at Scores NOLA this week the dancer mentioned the house mom. So they have one, AFAICT services for the girls primarily food.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    From what strippers who've danced in multi states tell me, they're uncommon in California.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    They have one at night in the club I usually go to. She also sells dancers outfits that she hand makes
  • sofaking87
    11 years ago
    House mom sounds like a great idea, a milf who keeps the babes in line. I've always thought that was something they did in Thailand.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    I’ve heard it mentioned an thought it was a pretty common thing – but hard to know since the house mom as far as I know really never interacts with the customers – I assumed they hung out in the back dressing room or basically out of the way of customers.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Maybe TUSCLer “tumblingdice” may know.

I heard he at one time was a house mom at La Bare.
    11 years ago
    They are quite common in Philly/South Jersey, except at dives as Rick mentioned. Typically don't interact with customers, they have an office or desk near or in the dressing room. Kind of a jack of all trades position. In some clubs they will help to enforce the dress code if there is one, such as in gown clubs.

They vary greatly in age. Some are "motherly" and never been a stripper. Others switch between bartender and house mom, depending on the day of the week. IME they prefer house mom as the take home money is greater. I know one at a club I go to who is house mom 11-7, then bartender for the night shift. She's a little long in the tooth but her boobs dwarf most of the dancers.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I never talked to House Moms very much. I let dancers do that.
  • SuperDude
    11 years ago
    House moms are standard in Detroit clubs.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion