tuscl

OT: Woody Allen Abuse Allegations

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Monday, February 3, 2014 4:39 AM
The sexual abuse allegations raised by Mia Farrow against Woody Allen have surfaced again in Dylan Farrow's letter to the NYT. Just to let you know where I'm coming from, I am a huge Woody Allen fan and I don't believe any abuse occurred. IMO, a bitter Mia Farrow concocted the allegations to hurt Woody. Dylan, after 20 years of brainwashing, believes she was sexually assaulted, but she is really the victim of her angry and jealous mother. But you can decide for yourselves. Dylan Farrow's letter: [view link] Woody Allen's denial 20 years ago on 60 Minutes: [view link]

8 comments

• deogol
    10 years ago
    I guess you can look at it as a progressive attack on it's own (you know, like how nazi's killed their own from day one). Dude should have been a conservative. But, I kinda see it differently. A ten minute read and then on to something else. She would have been better off (and other victims) working for charities tackling this subject.
  • deogol
    10 years ago
    Add, there is nothing said about this: [view link]
  • skibum609
    10 years ago
    Only a Progressive, pretend newspaper like the Times would allow someone a forum to cast slurs upon someone who was already investigated and cleared. In an amazing coincidence the claims came up at the same time Woody Allen dumped Mia Farrow.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Not a especially a fan. I was trapped on flight to Las Vegas and they showed one of his (lesser quality) films. Times like that is when I wish I would have taken the train.
  • Tyres
    10 years ago
    How the hell is this political? Anybody interested should find the old Time interview with Allen online, in which he defends himself in the whole Soon-Yi affair. His detachment from normal thought is almost Sandusky-esque in its creepiness. The guy is a perv.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    If he did do it then cut his nuts off and make him eat them
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    @skibum my man, a difference between your attitude and mine is that you seem to find politics in everything. The NYT ran the piece because Allen has been in the news with the lifetime award and people are interested in the salacious aspects of the dude's life. I could just as easily call the NYT a conservative rag for the Judith Miller BS. And that helped push us into a costly and pointless war. Although I'm glad Saddam Hussein got his, there are worse dictators in the world and I'm not convinced Iraq is any better off. Did we need to spend lives and money for that? The Allen/Farrow stuff has no implications for anybody but Allen and Farrow. If Allen did it he's deserves to be punished. He won't be because Farrow never pursued charges. And he's innocent until proven guilty. The Soon-Yi thing is a bit of a boundary issue, arguably, but she was apparently 19 when it started and apparently Allen and Farrow lived separately. No evidence that the dude likes really young girls so I view him as likely to be innocent and see his movies if I think I'll like them... No politics.
  • ilbbaicnl
    10 years ago
    As we say with OJ, if someone is not convicted criminally, the victims then have the recourse of a civil claim. So for me the question is, why isn't Dylan pressing her claims in a civil suit rather than in the NYT? If she doesn't even have a preponderance of the evidence supporting her, then we have to say we just don't know. Just a wild guess who's lying.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion