tuscl

Prescription Drug Abuse

The United States of America doesn't have a firearm problem, we have a prescription drug problem. Every single one of these school/public shooters was on some form of prescription drug.

Our nation is over medicated.

18 comments

• motorhead
    11 years ago
    This is certainly not off-topic.

It's been my observation that many dancers severely abuse pills. Rare is the dancer I've met that are actuall hardcore heroin or even meth or coke users. But scores abuse prescription meds.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Big tuna is an expert
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    Americans are pill happy and there are way too many doctors who are ready and willing to write out a prescription without a second thought.
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    Motörhead - at the one club I frequent I know four or five current and former dancers who are full blown heroin addicts. From time to time they're on suboxone or methadone, but addicts they are. Then I know another 4 or 5 who are coke or crack heads.. When they're "getting clean" they resort to other prescription drugs (usually benzoes) to tide them over. Coincidently, these are the young ladies who are usually available for "extras"
    I find it hard to believe this isn't replicated at clubs across the country.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Slick,there are some people I will not talk to until after 12 noon,when their med's kick in.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    I will differ with your claim that there is NOT a gun problem.
  • jabthehut
    11 years ago
    Al, Why not run for elected office and implement your vision.
  • latinalover69
    11 years ago
    I bet the biggest drug abusers are our so called elected politicians. Check who big pharma contributes to. Both Ds and Rs. I bet it's just like Wolf of Wall Street except the gubmint do the playin.
  • latinalover69
    11 years ago
    I bet the biggest drug abusers are our so called elected politicians. Check who big pharma contributes to. Both Ds and Rs. I bet it's just like Wolf of Wall Street except the gubmint do the playin.
  • latinalover69
    11 years ago
    sorry about the double post
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I do not doubt that drugs can make someone psychotic. I've had so many adverse reactions to any prescription, that I would rather not take anything. If you find out you are allergic to a substance, it can be life threatening and or painful. I seem to be allergic to a ton of drugs. The first time I took a prescription of Claritin-D, my heart was racing and I got so hot, I had to go outside where it was snowing in a short sleeve shirt just to get comfortable. Even after it wore off a bit, I slept in a room with the heat vents closed. It was in the 40's or 50's. Of course I liked it cool already. I did not need a drug to make me even hotter. Even now I often go without a jacket when temps hit the 50's. I roast everywhere.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    Lol, I forgot my avatar.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    One winter I rarely turned my heat on in an apartment. I overheard the people downstairs wondering why their heat bill was so high. The temp in my apartment never dropped below about 56. Then it suddenly got much colder. Instead of turning on my heat, I got an electric blanket and wore a sweater when lying around my apartment. I did turn the heat on for a few minutes when I found an icicycle hanging from a window inside my place. Anyway one night after taking a hot shower and drying off I saw something weird but cool. There was some kind of magical like vapor rising up a few inches from my hands for a few minutes. My hands felt dry to the touch. That was like in the movies. cool I thought. I run my heat now. I wouldn't be able to stand it at work if I got used to the cold.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I found out I sleep best with temperatures in the 60's. 50's ok, 40's less so, 30's not quite as good. Felt kind of icy on your face at night. I had a thermometer and did not want my pipes to freeze so I never experimented with sleeping with my apartment colder than that. It was chilly when I got out of bed in the morning. lol. My refrigerator didn't run very much either. :)
    Just an FYI in case anyone was curious.
  • BigTuna1
    11 years ago
    amo el bieber de Justin
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    As I've said before, I work for a pharmaceutical distributor, and I always think it's funny how much product we send out every day, as if people think pills will solve their problems. As I tell some of my coworkers, you should be glad there are drug addicts out there, because that means you get to keep your job. And yes, Motorhead, they do abuse pills. I tell strippers my job and they inevitably ask me, almost invariably, whether I can steal some controlled substance for them. I then tell them how big on security they are at work and how they have security cameras that actually function and actually get monitored.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    Dancers tell me about getting prescription drugs and then selling some of them to other dancers and friends. They see nothing wrong with this. Most dancers mix their pills with alcohol.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion