tuscl

anyone else dislike $2 bills?

I am not a fan of how they always give me $2 bills at some clubs. Even if I ask them not to give them to me sometimes they'll say they have to. It's like they are trying to make me tip the girls on stage double. But I don't. I still use $1bills for the stage. I want to save as much money as possible for private dances! I use $2 bills to help pay for private dances or beverages only. And I cash the ones I have left in with the door girl for 1s, 5s, and/or 10s if she will let he. If she won't I'll take them straight to a bank ATM and deposit them to my account. Having those $2 bills outside the club lets everyone know where you've been! I actually try to use exact change now, so I won't get the 2s.

29 comments

• shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Sounds like you have been to one of the Platinum Plus's. When I go to one of them, I always take a bunch of singles with me but if I run low on one's, I have never had too much trouble getting change in ones.

If I have left overs I use them to buy drinks, etc in my Atlanta clubs. The waitresses are not use to seeing them and like to keep them as an oddity.
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    Yes, I hate the clubs that do the 2 dollar bill shit. Like shadow I usually just bring a whole bunch of ones to a club like that.
  • SpudsMcKenzie
    11 years ago
    The only thing is I have gotten a few dirty looks from girls when I put the $1 in her garter instead of a 2. But if I like her, I tell her I'll make it up to her if she'll sit with me!
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I hate them too. Apparently some dancers do too if you try to pay them with a bunch of twos. It does identify where you've been. If I run out of ones, I usually save them for drinks or admission cover charge on my next visit. I never tip with them. I don't want to ever encourage management by falling prey to their stupid tactics. In fact the practice makes the club lose money with me. I always visit another club first buying, spending, and getting plenty of ones and change before visiting a club that irritates me with all their change in twos. Platinum has probably lost out on thousands of dollars on just me alone over the years because of their stupid persistence in not giving any change except twos. All because they think some patrons may tip the dancers more while they are on stage. That's a joke because platinum has almost everyone not tipping girls on stage. The guys that do already have ones or are making it rain ones. That leaves a few random strangler visitors who tip with the twos on a very seldom seen visit.

However I do believe all the change in twos does cut down on stage tipping a whole lot. That means when I want to tip my one dollar bill, there's usually no competition at all.
  • jestrite50
    11 years ago
    Sounds like strip club on a budget !
    I go to the bank and buy 2's to take to the strip club so I get the girls attention
    They all love the 2's think they are good luck and they give me a lot of attention
    The clubs here don't use 2's so its something different for them.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    Another club that gives change in ones, fives, tens, like normal people often has several people tipping at the stage and if you want to compete, that's when you start tipping extra. Fortunately I like it when club management isn't trying to get more peope to tip. They insanely think tipping will stay the same so they try to control what change you get. I guess unless you want to make it rain.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Nope.
  • SpudsMcKenzie
    11 years ago
    Yeah it used to me when I'd give a waitress or cashier or female store clerk a $2 bill for payment OTC they give me looks sometimes (guys don't seem to give a crap). But that's why I have stopped spending them OTC.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    The problem is probably when everyone knows the twos come from a particular strip club. Many people do not want it to be known that they were at a certain club. Plus I have just as much fun tipping with ones as a two. When you give out 20 to 50 bill tips in a night, that will affect my tipping if I had to spend an extra 50 every night I went out. I'd probably cut that out and save it for dances. At 200 extra a month if I used two dollar bilks, that's over another 2 thousand per year. It might be nice to be rich but I like my tips to get more. You can call it a bit of a budget but you are free to spend as much as you want. Some people tip the girls 5's or even 20's. I'm not rich and I know it.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    The only thing worse than a $2 bill is a $3 bill.
  • PredragDr
    11 years ago
    I don't really use $1s or $2s unless I just plan on sitting at the stage the whole time and avoid solicitations. If you want to get the performer's attention, use bigger bills rather than throwing up a bunch of little bills like ghetto trash.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    I've got a deal for ya...

I will give you one dollar bills for your two dollar bills
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    The day I get a $2 bill I'm plastering it up on my wall. Didnt know those bills were near exclusively a strip club thing.
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    Canada discontinued the $2 bill in 1996, replacing it with a coin commonly called the 'toonie'. I recently discovered a stash of these bills that I had squirreled away in a desk in the basement, completely forgetting about them for all these years.

I have started to spend these old relics for small purchases or to leave them as tips in restaurants or bars. Some staff are so young that this old money is unrecognized and refused. Others just laugh at seeing a piece of old money.

Before starting to spend this stash I had the notes checked out for collector value. To my surprise, one of the old bills had a rare serial number sequence and was very collectible. I sold that bill on E-Bay for a sweet $180.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    On my way home from Columbia SC, I stopped at the Discotheque Lounge in Augusta GA. I tried to pay for my drink with left over $2 bills and the bar tender refused them. I asked why and she said because she didn't have a place for them in her cash register. So I paid in other bills but left no tip.
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    Just one more gimmick that leads me to disliking Platinum Plus even more. I remember the first time I pulled a few of those $2 bills out of my pocket to buy lunch at GSP airport and got a goofy comment about knowing where I've been. After that, I always insisted upon change without those $2 bills when I went to PP.
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    farmerart: nice!
  • ATACdawg
    11 years ago
    @farmer art: I bet that dancers in Canada really hate the Looneys and Twoneys! Imagine about thirty of those things weighing down a garter. Or maybe trying to dodge them when a customer "makes it rain"!

Seriously, what is the tipping etiquette in most Canadian clubs? When I left Canada, the old Mynah Bird in Toronto was just starting to leave the pasties and g-strings on the floor.
  • sofaking87
    11 years ago
    Lol! We ditched the $2 bill back in the nineties. Let me tell you, life is better without it.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    How can anyone hate money?
    11 years ago
    My sentiments are similar. The local Platinum Plus has a $6 cover. I try to pay with no more than a $10 so I only have two of the $2 bills to deal with.

Further $2s are sometimes unavoidable when purchasing drinks. I try to recycle them as quickly as possible while buying drinks for me and any girl I have join me.

Rarely tip with a $2. I always head to a club with $10 or so in singles. Don't sit at the stage at this club (very few do). If a hottie catches my attention I'll tip her with a one. They do the mini lap thing from time to time and that's $2. Random fly by I'll usually tip just $1, unless it's exceptional.

Surplus $2s I'll set aside and try to remember to bring next time. Wouldn't dream of spending them around town, everyone knows where they came from. Strippers complain too about bringing them to the bank and getting "how IS working at Platinum Plus?". Never thought about the ATM deposit, good idea.
  • skibum609
    11 years ago
    Little known factoid: Two dollar bills were originally created because of horse racing's, then basic bet, the $2.00 wager.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    @Skibum-Goid looking out. I play the ponies and didn't know that.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Good not Goid.
  • lost5689
    11 years ago
    I prefer Sacagawea dollar coins. Make it rain!
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    I hate being nickle and dimed, so yes.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Yeah - I hate those too – I don’t mind spending and tipping; but I want to do it on my terms not the club’s terms.

Even worse is club funny money.
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    I'm not a fan of that practice at the one club I visit which does it, which is Shaker's in Waverly, NE. It forces you to spend it there. The only positive I can think of when they raised their cover was the fact they now only give out 1 $2 bill instead of 2. OTOH, you can always give that tip to your favorite girl or just spend it on a drink.
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    I dropped a couple of my old deuces in the local watering hole last evening to pay for my beer. The biker bartender went all bug-eyed and said 'WOW! Thanks, man, I'm gonna save these. Let me buy you another beer.'

Who knew? I'll have to try the same stunt the next time I drop in for a beer.

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion