tuscl

Dancers than don't hustle in the club ... is there more than meets the eye ?

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Thursday, January 9, 2014 10:07 PM
It is often commented on TUSCL via the board or reviews; about dancers not approaching custies and just hanging out “seemingly” not wanting/needing to make $$$. Although it could be a case of lazy and unprofessional dancers – I wonder sometimes if these dancers have a different agenda or hustle w.r.t. their $$$? I wonder if these dancers are just looking to have a few regular whales that will take care of them mainly outside the club and these dancers may venture into the club when maybe one of their regular OTC whales drops out or when they want to add another/extra whale? – i.e. they may just be in the club to scope out a particular custy and not every custy willing to spend a few bucks?

25 comments

• jestrite50
    10 years ago
    Some of the clubs are starting to get hungry in this slowed down economy and firing girls that don't hustle. I've seen more than one case of this lately. For the Club to survive the girls have to hustle !
  • DandyDan
    10 years ago
    It could be a lot of things. At one club I visit regularly, I believe some of them hustle, but once all the customers in a club say no, there's not much you can do to get their money. Another club I visit less regularly, OTOH, has too many lazy dancers who never hustle, or seem content to smoke in the smoke shack in the back. Then there's the dancers who seem content with the money they've made, but they still have to finish the shift.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    I think it may be more difficult for dancers to approach customers than we may think. There is always the fear of rejection or the chance that the guy is cheap. Sometimes when sitting in the club with my CF and a few of her friends, the dancers discuss whether to approach a specific customer. They don't seem to want to approach every one.
  • wwpmi
    10 years ago
    I have "regular" status at a couple local clubs and in one such club I have notice your observation. In this club maybe 15% of the dancers just "hang out". They do move among a small select group of customers, they do drink and they will do their rotation but other then that I see nothing else. I have often wondered if they were not providing services to the other dancers, mainly drugs.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Both Jack & WMPI have made some very valid points. And, sometimes, more than meets the eye. TRANSFORMERS!
  • Subraman
    10 years ago
    Just like the previous post about why a girl just sits and chats with a customer who does not appear to be tipping, I think you never really know why a girl is just hanging out. I know more than a few girls who say that between regulars and customer who approach them, they usually don't feel the need to go around asking for customers anymore. I know one gorgeous stripper who says that after she gets turned down a couple times, she has to sit at the bar and pout for an hour before she feels compelled to go risk more rejection. I know many girls who like to take a break either before a whale comes in, or after one just left. And sometimes they just need to socialize with other strippers, just like at your job, you don't work 8 hours straight without a break, you sometimes hang out and talk to re-energize
  • minnow
    10 years ago
    I've wondered the same thing myself. One of the laws of nature seems to be that the dancers that you'd dearly love to buy dances/VIP's from either disappear to the dressing room, or park themselves at a table with a (seemingly) non-spending patron. (No, Rick, they're not wearing a suit. Yes, I'm conidering the possibility that she may be angling for OTC, or that casually dressed whales exist). Meanwhile, you're incessantly approached by those who you'd rather not be approached by, or the "meh" genre of dancer. I haven't delved too deeply into research on "non-hustlers" as I focus my attention on finding dancers who will satisfy my sweet spot.
  • skibum609
    10 years ago
    One of my favorite dancers left and had a child. She came back 10 pounds heavier and I noticed that she no longer approached anyone she didn't know well so I asked her why. She said that she was so hormonal after giving birth that she had lost the ability to not take rejection personally and that she'd rather wait for people she knew liked her to sit with her than to be rejected. I said all they say is no and it usually has nothing to do with you. She said I know that intellectually but now when they say no I hear "fuck off fatty" and my feelings are hurt. 99% of the posters here grew up fearing the word "no" and yet somehow we never look at dancers as fellow human beings.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    @Skibum-I feel where she's coming from. True your last sentence.
  • mjx01
    10 years ago
    @PC great question. The lack of interest in selling a dance even occurs when you approach a dancer almost begging her to give you a sales pitch and nada. (See my Filly Corral review)
  • Dancinggal
    10 years ago
    Typically I am one of these dancers. I will talk to a few people, I even pick out people I'm interested in talking to, so there's a genuine interest and my job is much easier. The reason I do this is because I'm not desperate for money. I'm here to make a little extra cash, and I'm happy with whatever I take home, whether it be 20$, or 700$, and it's usually closer to 700$. I am saving every single cent that I make dancing. And I am completely new to the business, so I'm still observing the atmosphere and watching other dancers to learn how to make more money. But honestly, I feel like not coming off as a desperate girl actually makes guys more interested in me, and why I'm not talking to every single guy in the club. I also wonder if maybe they feel like I'm more genuine when I select who I want to speak to, and I won't just sit down with any guy and beg him for a dance. So , it is a bit of a hustle. It's the easiest thing for me. And it's not hard, I don't have to walk around all night jumping from seat to seat. Usually if I sit with a non paying customer for a long time, then excuse myself and go talk to the DJ or the girls for a bit, this guy will come find me when a special pops up, then eventually buy more dances and has even led to VIP when he had frequently said no to every girl that ASKED him If he wanted a dance when the special popped up. Why? Because I actually spent time talking to him like a person instead of the walking wallet most girls see.
  • sofaking87
    10 years ago
    There's money to be had by babes who want to hustle, stripping isn't for the faint hearted, well... anyhow if a girl looks good, and can put on a good seduction most guys will say yes, and those who say no, get left behind, and they move onto the next one.
  • ilbbaicnl
    10 years ago
    So many dancers have told me they feel like we expect them to read our minds and know the exact right time to approach us. They say, when they approach guys, instead of just a "no thanks", they get angry refusal, like can't you tell I'm not ready yet?
  • rl27
    10 years ago
    It varies. The dancers could just be taking a break. There might be a very out of control group of customers she is avoiding. She could be waiting for one of her sugar daddies to show up and is avoiding other customers to make sure she is available when he comes in. She might be a little bit drunk and trying to sober up a bit before going back out on the floor. Conversely she may be trying to get a drunk enough that she has enough courage to go out on the floor.
  • AnonymousJim
    10 years ago
    RL's right that there are a lot of plausible reasons. I do think some girls are only there for the drugs, sadly. Others, on the much better end, are actually there because they enjoy it, as long as they can stick to somewhat classy guys. These will probably not hustle as much but simply be on the lookout for the "good ones." Still others are just lazy, which is how they ended up being a stripper to begin with. And some do lack confidence. You would hope a good club manager would help coach girls how to have that so the could be a better earner, but most managers probably aren't that smart or just figure the drugs will do the trick.
  • kiwi44
    10 years ago
    I have noticed this not specific to individual dancers! but whole clubs! I travel a lot, and sadly most small town clubs I go to seem too laid back, the new trend seems to walk into a small club 6-10 dancers, small town, and I never get approached by ANYONE. I am average looking, dress professionally, and have money, but there is always a table full of girls sitting together just texting, and a few girls sitting with YOUNG guys, prob regulars, but most likely friends. I go to these clubs hoping to get a beer, talk to a few women and get a dance or two(or more) , but I have found recently I end of getting a beer, staying for half an hour and leave without ever even saying hi to a dancer, I think cellphone use by dancers is preoccupying their time an they seem to not even notice when new customers walk in. I am a bit shy and find it tough to approach a dancer when she is sitting with five other dancers at a full table with them all texting, I wish they would say hi, or at least walk around a bit. Seems to be an ongoing issue for me all over the country at small city or town clubs.
  • Clackport
    10 years ago
    Some dancers aren't comfortable talking to random people and/or don't like rejection, so they just stick with people that they know.
  • BigCodyCooper
    10 years ago
    The bottom line is that some guys, like me, are too shy to approach the girls. I do not like to be told no! So I let the girls come to me. And when no girls do that, which as kerryb said, is common and smaller clubs, I have no fun and leave thinking the dancers there are all stupid, lazy, worthless bitches with no business sense!
  • ilbbaicnl
    10 years ago
    @Cody the strip club scene can help you be more comfortable with chicks. If you approach a stripper who is sitting alone, mostly they will be friendly to you. You can walk up to a group of strippers also. But if, after a few seconds, they don't stop talking and look at you, just walk away. When I was younger, it use to bother me more when women gave me the brush off. But you don't have to think about it much to realize that having a lot of sex appeal and being a worthwhile person have almost nothing to do with each other.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    “… 99% of the posters here grew up fearing the word "no" and yet somehow we never look at dancers as fellow human beings …” That’s a good point. For me personally; I often “assumed” that these girls would not have a problem w/ confidence; in particular w.r.t. their looks. I often “assumed” that they became dancers (most of them at least) b/c they knew/felt they were hot and probably guys had always hit on them outside the club and while they were growing up – so I didn’t think they would have “I don’t know if he will like me” issues. I always thought it was the PL whom was supposed to be the shy/insecure one b/c of being turned down by hot babes in the real world.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    “… So many dancers have told me they feel like we expect them to read our minds and know the exact right time to approach us. They say, when they approach guys, instead of just a "no thanks", they get angry refusal, like can't you tell I'm not ready yet? …” LOL – that’s hilarious – and probably true at times. We PLs *can* be a finicky bunch LOL. I think in part PLs can sometimes become a bit defensive due to past bad experiences with aggressive and or ROB dancers.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    “… I'm not desperate for money. I'm here to make a little extra cash, and I'm happy with whatever I take home …” Yeah – I think we PLs sometimes may think every dancer is “desperate” for $$$ and that they are in a “make it break it” situation *Some* dancers *are* desperate and some are greedy – but perhaps for many; the dancing $$$ may just be extra $$$ that they may not need to survive. But I always thought if the girl was going to put herself in a position to be groped by strangers – she would want to make the most amount of $$$ for her “troubles”.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    There is no reason to be shy with dancers in a strip club. Dancers rarely turn down custies b/c of their looks or b/c they have no game; as in the real world. Sure – they may turn down a guy who looks like “jack the reaper” or a guy that smells/looks-dirty/unclean; but they will not turn down a guy b/c he is nerdy; or not good looking; or seems shy – often times; these may be the preferred customers b/c they may want/need the attention more and may pay more for it; i.e. they may be an easier target.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    “… the strip club scene can help you be more comfortable with chicks …” Yes & no IMO. No b/c SCs are not reality – women in the real world are not going to treat, or pretend to treat, you, as dancers do in the SC. If you try to approach those same dancers OTC (w/o having never met them); they would most likely not be as accommodating as they are when you meet them in the SC. Yes b/c it *can* make you a bit more comfortable around women if you not used to that kinda thing – or you may not be as nervous/needy around civis b/c you know you can still get some lovin in the SC.
  • AnonymousJim
    10 years ago
    Funny you should say that, Papi. Real-world chicks at a bar aren't fun. They're typically out in a group where at least one of them is a major cockblocker. They trump up their standards so flippin' high and the most you can maybe hope for is conversation, a phone number and a drawn-out dating process if you're out alone. And I wasn't the type to gather three or four other douchebags I don't really want to hang out with up to be "wingmen." In the age of safe sex, I really don't understand why women are so uptight about it. I'm not here to hurt you or get you pregnant. I have fun, you have fun, if we like it, we do it again sometime. Seems simple enough. But instead, silly games. I decided early on it was easier to pay a little extra and just get to the point at a SC. I enjoy myself a lot more in the end. Heck, even if it's fake attention just to get money ... who cares. But I even feel like girls who find me in the club end up actually kind of liking to talk to me, whereas I probably wouldn't get the time of day from that same girl in a bar because she or her friends would be thinking they could get someone taller, richer (looking), more athletic or whatever.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion