tuscl

"her" The Movie

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
There is a soon to be released movie named "her" starring Joaquin Phoenix as an introverted guy that falls in love with the voice of an intelligent computer OS.

It's already been nominated for some Best Picture awards.

I think a few of us PL tusclers might relate.

12 comments

• Alucard
    11 years ago
    Refer to a scene in the film "Andromeda Strain" where character playing the surgeon flirts with a "luscious" female voice that turned out to be the voice of an Elderly woman. LOL Rely on Vision 1st.

A more likely scenario is in the film "Somewhere in Time" where the Chris Reeve character "Falls in Love" with a portrait of a Beautiful woman. MUCH more likely to happen.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    I can't relate, understand or be happy for a man like this in the movie. I would at least be marginally satisfied if he was at LEAST sexually fustrated at minimum since a hot female voice is always sexy. I'm not proving myself to be a very convincing PL am I?
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I remember this flick where a dude fell in love with a mannequin.
  • ButterMan
    11 years ago
    That movie looks depressing. I could see if the A.I. or robot was an android and looked like a woman. From the reviews it looks like my galaxy cell phone...LOL!
  • ATACdawg
    11 years ago
    Does anybody else remember the episode of the original Twilight Zone where the "hero" is living on a large asteroid (complete with breathable atmosphere and shirtsleeve climate!) on the lam from the law? His supply ship captain brings him a female android (a HOT android, at least in the memory of the then-ten-year-old). At first he is unenthused, but over the next year falls in love. When the supply ship returns the next year, it brings good news. Our hero has been pardoned! He can return to Earth. Unfortunately, his baggage allowance is only 15 kilos, so the android must be left behind. The captain finally has to blast it/her with his ray gun to get our hero to leave as a weeping blob.

Kind of the ultimate technonerd tale of woe
    :-D
  • nickifree
    11 years ago
    I bet Siri has probably "catfished" him.
  • sofaking87
    11 years ago
    This sounds like a Big Bang episode, where Raj falls in love with Siri the iPhone voice.
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    Shows how devoid of companionship we are in this country/age.
  • gatorfan
    11 years ago
    He ends up electrocuted will fucking his serial port.
  • skibum609
    11 years ago
    I am beginning to wonder if I am the only happily married guy here.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    skibum: You're not.
  • Electronman
    11 years ago
    I suppose that falling in love with an operating system is slightly healthier than fucking your mother board!

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion