tuscl

Security Cameras

I am by no means a regular SC attendee, but on the occasion that I do go, I at least consider the possibility of buying a lapdance or two.

The clubs I am referring to are Beansnappers, Sapphires Lounge and Stars Cabaret, all located in the Fox Valley, not far from Appleton.

I am curious if anyone else here ever wonders how closely you are being monitored via hidden (or not hidden) security cameras during a private dance. Is the session being recorded? Does someone in a remote office or booth actually watch as the lapdance is taking place? Or is it more about the club just complying with laws requiring such surveilance, even though the owner doesn't actually pay an employee (a bouncer) to do that job? Is the camera just a reminder to patrons that they must maintain respectful/respectable behavior?

Just some thoughts.

13 comments

• Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    All of the questions you raised could be how clubs use and manage their security cameras. They could be closely monitored. They may or may not actually record. They may be just to demonstrate to local police that the club has them, but otherwise the club doesn't pay much attention to them. Also, some dancers know how to position themselves to block the cameras' views of what they're doing with their customers.

For an interesting short explanation of how one club uses them, see the Strip Club Hound's blog: His February 16, 2011 entry, "Question Time!" See item #3, "Security tapes - Do you keep them or are they erased daily weekly."

http://stripclubhound.blogspot.com/searc…
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Yes, what's done with them is the main thing.
  • canny
    11 years ago
    After I found the cameras hidden in the speakers in one strip club's private rooms I've always assumed that there are hidden cameras if they're not visible. The way I found the cameras is there was an extra wire running into the back of one of the speakers.

Alucard is right, what counts is what's done with the cameras. Are they monitoring them and how long are they keeping the recordings.
  • sofaking87
    11 years ago
    I heard that a club in ottawa had cameras in the VIP. When I went there the girls said there wasn't, and it didn't matter they didn't offer any extras.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I've had dancers try to bull shit me and tell me there are cameras as an excuse for not doing extras, when I know in fact that there are no cameras.
  • lopaw
    11 years ago
    I am fairly certain that I am being watched and probably recorded, likely for the lame manager's nightly whack off session in his office.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Eat some dump cakes
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    It depends on the club. I know one of my regular clubs watches it overly intently, but then again, I think they live in fear of the local police. OTOH, I know my favorite club has video cameras and they do record stuff, but I don't think I've seen anyone monitoring the TV's there (they do have a limited amount of staff there, which probably has better things to do).
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Just think of it as an audition...if you got what it takes
  • Dolfan
    11 years ago
    A club here was raided a few years back for pervasive extras in their rooms. The tapes eventually hit the street. Obviously, they were recording them and keeping them. To make matters worse, as lopaw alluded to it seems as though someone was selectively keeping some as the older the recordings were the "better" they were.

Another club had some issues with a scuffle in the club turning into a double homicide a few blocks up. Tapes of their time at the club were reportedly unavailable.

In another club (usually in the top 10) they've got a guy who watches/counts dances using the cameras. As in, if you and the dancer disagree on how many songs you did the dancer will get the floor manager who'll ask the guy watching the tapes. Reportedly, if you raise a stink they'll show them to you. Also, according to the dancers, they've got monitors where the girls can watch them.

So - "it depends"
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    @lopaw: "I am fairly certain that I am being watched and probably recorded, likely for the lame manager's nightly whack off session in his office."

Can you blame him? :)

After all, to *you* hot lesbian sex is commonplace. Most of the rest of us don't get to see the real thing very often.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I got my picture taken yesterday. For those of you that don't know it there is a camera right above the emergency exit at Follies next to the VIP room. My dancer told me to smile, which was no problem considering what she was doing to me. :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion