Exotic dancer found beaten to death in her Warren home

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Monday, December 9, 2013 10:09 PM
A Detroit area dancer was beaten to death. A sad story. [view link]

13 comments

• jestrite50
    11 years ago
    Dangerous job that these girls have. Sorry to hear about this Jack !
  • leek78956
    11 years ago
    Yeah as quick as you come is as quick as you go sometimes. Always sad to hear about death tho especially if she was young
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    That's just tragic.
  • curiositycat
    11 years ago
    RIP dancer and I hope they catch whoever did it though I do wonder why they highlighted the fact that she was a dancer considering they had no leads. I don’t recall if media always titles murders based on occupation. .sounds like they are trying to frame dancing in a dangerous light.
  • zef8mich
    11 years ago
    Another link is saying the Warren Police Commissioner is more interested in other leads besides her occupation, although the news title still mentions she's an exotic dancer. [view link]
  • samsung1
    11 years ago
    The part of town she worked at is a notorious high crime area for Detroit (Highland Park)
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    What's sad is they don't mention her name, but they do mention she's an exotic dancer. What's up with that? Are they trying to say she deserved it?
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Good observation DD. Why not bring some humanity and empathy to the situation as opposed to insinuation?
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Sex sells. It sounds more sensational to say exotic dancer found dead rather than woman found dead.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    Sounds sad. I hope they catch and successfully prosecute whomever did it. All the murders and murder and suicides in this country seem to be running higher than normal. There's a lot of violence in this country. Too bad more emphasis isn't put on trying to curb the violence instead of spending tax payer money enforcing rules on strip clubs. There's a lot of domestic violence that rarely even gets talked about.
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    On The Block in Baltimore, at 2am when the clubs close, the cops block off the street and keep an eye out for the dancers while they're getting to their rides. We like the hope that people become cops to protect the most vulnerable and persecuted people in society. But sadly, if that were true, the Baltimore PDs attitude towards strippers would be the norm and not the exception. Since port cities have a long history of banking from providing for the needs of horny sailors, this policy is probably also motivated by $$$ reasons.
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    "All the murders and murder and suicides in this country seem to be running higher than normal." We are actually at a 1950's low... don't let the media lie to ya... and that is what they are doing - lying every day.
  • zef8mich
    11 years ago
    An arrest has been made in this murder. [view link]
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion