tuscl

Wouldn't it be nice if you didn't see the threads started by those on your ignor

I just wanted to point it out in case the Founder didn't know those on ignore, are still showing up when they start a thread.
I was thinking it would be nice not to see any posts or threads started by such.

I put people on ignore when they continuously post a bunch of stupid crap. I think spam is more fun to read.

23 comments

• sclvr5005
    11 years ago
    If you have someone on ignore their threads should not show up. Only a blue name shows which is easy to look right past to the threads generated by those that you want to see.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    I'm sure he knows. I sincerely DOUBT there will be any change. I don't believe it is profitable.

SPAM &/or personal attacks - IT will continue on. IMHO there is a way to stop it - BUT it is at this point in time IMO a near IMPOSSIBILTY.

If you enjoy this "stuff", my condolences.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    I concur with you 100% in all three of your paragraphs.

However, a little clarification is in order: When you click on "Discuss" from the main menu, then you only see the names in blue of those on ignore that have posted a new discussion item. I'd even like to see that much made invisible. However, the part you're speaking of is where you see the additional, older threads available to read, at the bottom and to the right side of the discussions. That too, should not be visible if those members are on ignore.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    What we need is a feature that will block posts from all of RickyBoy's various aliases (eg txtittyfan, alutard, BonedBrother) with a single click. Yeah, I know that half the total posts on the board are due to this single obsessive moron and all his aliases, but that would really make the place more enjoyable.
  • joker44
    11 years ago
    CG +1

I actually like the blue markers. Brings a smile every time as I realize how much crap I avoided. Recent posts on right that include those on my ignore list only serve to reaffirm my original decision.

BTW, my criteria for inclusion on IGNORE:

Blatant advertising [rare these days].

Most common: If poster is a troll = "One who [repeatedly] posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument" SippyCup for instance.

Fairly rare but unfortunately becoming more frequent recently. Blatantly offensive content. Homophobic, racist, etc. I ALONE DECIDE what's offensive to me. I'm to old to play macho games by posting comments saying that I will read anything posted or how open-minded or accepting I am about what's posted. I read TUSCL for MY pleasure and info not as some test of manhood.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "However, the part you're speaking of is where you see the additional, older threads available to read, at the bottom and to the right side of the discussions. That too, should not be visible if those members are on ignore."

I agree Club_Goer, that should NOT be visible either. Unfortunately it is.
  • Ermita_Nights
    11 years ago
    I too like the blue markers. On my screen, darkish blue over dark gray, they are not readable but I can tell they are there.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I have nobody in ignore. You never know when a lotus flower grows out of the mud, muck, and mire.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    I only put people who are complete homos onto my ignore list. So far about a dozen complete homos on this site.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "I have nobody in ignore. You never know when a lotus flower grows out of the mud, muck, and mire"

NOT likely Sir - NOT here. NOT with THINGS like Dougster & aliases & minions running amok.
  • Hard4Dancers
    11 years ago
    ^^Kinda ironic coming from what is likely THE most ignored member on this site.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    ^^^ NOT likely. LOL at you!
  • Hard4Dancers
    11 years ago
    78. He changed his AVATAR yet again!!! That's what, FOUR times in the last THREE Days??? LMAO
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    ^^^ lol, that alutard is a complete fuckin' psycho!
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    It would be nice if ignore was complete, as in not seeing a blue marker when the ignored post a comment or thread, not having to go to the second page of discussions when the ignored clog the first page, just ignored and out of sight completely.

If a full ignore was intact, I wouldn't have known that some mentally challenged members were clogging the board yesterday.
  • 23cambyman
    11 years ago
    Ranukam +1- HAHAHAHAHA...BTW love your avatar!
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Describing yourself Dougster. ;)
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I've grown Lotus flowers. Namaste.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    I was describing you and your mother, alutard.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    ^^^ That comment is an example of your stupidity.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    ^^^ I was merely stating the truth. If you don't like it that is just too damn bad. I will not stop expressing my opinion ever and will stand alone if necessary!
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    "I've grown Lotus flowers."

What is the plural of "Lotus"

Lotuses?
    Loti?
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    Ok I did not notice ignored member new threads were ignored on the main discussion topics, I was able to see them on the right side of the screen for older threads. Thanks for clearing that up.

I think blank space was the fastest I ever put someone on ignore. Nothing but empty space.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion