tuscl

Holiday Tipping

Friday, November 29, 2013 11:44 AM
After reading Bullwinkle's post about fair tipping, I got to thinking about Holiday Tipping. There's the mailman,the barber, no gardner(I do that shit myself), the sanitation workers, and what have you. Do any of y'all tip your favorite dancers any extra during the holidays or even get them Christmas gifts?

14 comments

• Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    I have one favorite dancer who always gives *me* a Christmas gift, in appreciation for the business I give her throughout the year, and the past six years she's been dancing. I've known her since the day she started dancing, and have been a regular of hers ever since.
  • lopaw
    11 years ago
    Nah. I treat this time of year like any other. I'll tip like I normally would - no more, no less. I used to give bigger tips to girls on their birthdays but with so many girls (hence so many birthdays) it started getting ridiculous. Now I conveniently "forget" their birthdays and if they remind me a few days or weeks before I will make it a point to avoid them & their club for awhile.
  • sclvr5005
    11 years ago
    I'll tip the trash guys. The shit they literally have to deal with everyday its the least I can do to say thanks.Nothing for the mailman....I sometimes get my mail at 11pm - that is if I get it at all. The postal service has become a bad joke.
  • skibum609
    11 years ago
    Nothing extra. Same as my dry cleaner, mechanic and tailor.
  • VeryBigDawg
    11 years ago
    Tip the mailman, you crazy? I am tipping all the x-mailman on the 20yr and out with full retirement that are sitting on their fat asses watching springer all day long. I already pay too much taxes.
  • SoonerSam
    11 years ago
    I'm still laughing that SlickSpic said he did his own gardening!
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    I used to gift my ATF with baubles and bling till I found out she was selling them (I once got her a thick handmade sterling silver bracelet with inset semi-precious stones that I bought for $450. I learned later that she got $40 for it at a pawnshop so she could get a $40 bag of crack. I'm reminded of a cartoon in Playboy magazine 45 years ago. A " hippie" couple are opening gifts under the Christmas tree and he says to her with a small gift in hand,"Oh no, the Smith's got us LSD and we only gave them weed".
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    Only once did I buy a stripper a Christmas gift. She was mu local club favorite for most of that year and during that time I fucked her a number of times. It was a $200 gift card to Sephora, which probably bought her maybe some lipstick and a bottle of nail polish (that place is expensive).
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    No one tips me and I do not tip others. I tend to not even visit strip clubs at all around the Christmas holidays so dancers do not even see me. So far, no dancer has even commented on it as far as I remember. It's not like they are there every single day.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    The one exception is a restaurant where tipping is expected.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    Giving those mentioned isn't a tip, it's a gift. If it were a tip, it you'd be giving them something throughout the year. You don't "tip" your regular waitress, bartender, whatever just once a year. At the NASCAR race a couple of weeks ago, I tipped the restroom attendant who was working his ass off cleaning and directing traffic a 5 spot. You'd have thought I'd given him a gold bar. I sort of base that sort of tip like sclvr5005 mentioned above. Who wants to do that job, but thankfully someone does!
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    I don't like my current mailman so he gets nothing, though I used to give them something every year. Never see the garbage collectors. I'm a fairly generous tipper to begin with (though I have a lot of opinions about who should and shouldn't get them) but I might be a little more generous around the holidays.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    I absolutely give my favorite dancers gifts around this time of year. Probably the biggest one is gonna only be $50 this year, though.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    At a funeral last year, I tipped the usher a $20 so I could a spot closer to the casket.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion