tuscl

Ever Offended a Stripper By Asking for Extras/Private Shows/Dates?

Thursday, October 27, 2005 6:50 PM
I think it's next to impossible to. What do you think?

21 comments

• Yoda
    19 years ago
    FONDL: I guess the logical thing to do here would be to define what an "extra" is. Frankly, the topic isn't that important to me.....
  • feelmore
    19 years ago
    This is slightly off-subject, but picking up on the comments about STD's, I've noticed that after getting a lap dance or two I'll often develop a slight itchy sensation around my belt line about 4 to 6 days later. Can't see anything, but I notice this slight itchy sensation. After a few more days it goes away. Really strange. At first I thought I'd caught a case of the crabs, but have never heard of anyone catching anything like that at a strip club especially since my clothes never came off even though the dancer only had on a g-string. Anybody else ever experienced this, or heard of anyone who has?
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    I agree with FONDL. I think it comes down to the old Shavian line about sleeping with a guy for $1 v. $1 million. If a girl is sleeping with a guy because she likes him, I don't consider that an "extra"...that is normal perpetuation of the species. I can't imagine most girls would be really offended by being asked about extras, although they might pretend to be offended to make sure that such a proposal didn't come twice from the same guy. I think such offers/inquiries are like trouser splooging...something that virtually no dancer enjoys or welcomes, but which they all recognize and accept as an "occupational hazard."
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I just got around to reading this thread and have to disagree with Yoda's statement that "the vast majority of dancers don't do extras..." I agree that the vast majority of dancers will claim that they don't do extras, and I agree that most of them don't ordinarily do so. But given the right circumstances (eg. a guy they really like and/or an offer of a lot of money) I think most dancers will occasionally do extras. They just won't admit it.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    They certainly don't do much if the transmission is through oral or manual contact with the genitals.
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    I believe I read that condoms will not necessarily stop the HPV virus from getting through since there are very tiny holes in condoms that can still allow transmission. I suppose a girl's teeth might put some tiny tears in a condom that you couldn't see. If a condom comes off and you don't notice, that might be another improper use. just throwing some info out there.
  • enquiz2001
    19 years ago
    What I have been told is that condoms are the most effective way of avoiding STD next to abstinence. The problems arise when they are not used correctly. No one ever described what "not using correctly" means, but I guess it's not putting it all the way on before use. Maybe you could check out Consumer Reports. They have done tests on them. Sorry, no better science than that for ya.
  • davids
    19 years ago
    How are effective are condoms in preventing the transmission of STDs, btw? I have heard conflicting second hand information about this.
  • enquiz2001
    19 years ago
    This also depends on the neighborhood. I know of clubs in a, shall we say a large urban center in the Northern portion of the Garden State, where extras are common. So are drugs, shootings, etc. (haven't taken up the excursion because of the latter concerns). The one thing that concerns me about extras - of the OTC type - is that you receive something extra in return - such as the gift that keeps giving. Then again, there is protectoin.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    I don't think most of them care, they know it comes with the territory.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    True, Yoda, but there's a limit to my sympathy for dancers receiving unwanted sexual advances (great phrase, that). So many "clean" dancers and clubs literally make a career out of leading customers on, they shouldn't cry too much when their teases get returned as propositions.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    I've also caught strippers off guard by calling them on their OTC hints and teases. Usually, I play along jokingly, so that's what they expect. When respond instead with dead seriousness, sometimes they act shocked, if not offended, that I'm pulling away their veil of "fantasy".
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    You can ask a stripper for unimaginably filthy sexual acts if you work it into a flirtatious repartee. However, when to shift gears from that to blunt seriousness can be hard to gauge and delicate to pull off. I've offended girls who didn't get the humor part and others who weren't ready for the blunt part.
  • davids
    19 years ago
    SuperDude: That was a polite but hilarious answer. I guess a good MCP (ie offensive) answer would be "Ok, go to the kitchen and get me a beer while I watch the football game."
  • SuperDude
    19 years ago
    Yoda and I may have had the same experience. I have noticed, recently, that strippers are getting aggressive about offering extras--right at the beginning of the first lap dance--and then whining and asking "why not" when refused. "For $300 I will make you feel like a real man, " she said. "I'm already a real man, thank you." So I get this lame lap dance and call it a day. I have had dancers reach inside my pants as soon as we get seated in the VIP and start talking about tips. This is getting annoying.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    Impossible to offend them? Hardly, they just expect it and tolerate it to a point. Unless of course they are interested in taking you up on your offer. I've never offended a dancer by asking for extras but I've gotten a few pissed-off for refusing them.
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    Also, herpes transmission can be accomplished through skin to skin contact with areas around that genitals on which lesions are also found, such as the thighs.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    The vast majority of dancers don't do extras and it seems like the vast majority of customers think that they do....OK, maybe it's just the idiots that do. In any case, most dancers learn early that they are going to get approached. Most just ignore it and walk away. I HAVE known one or two that will get a bouncer and have a guy thrown out just for asking the question.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    One night at a club, two of my faves took about an hour with a groom's dad and best man going over plans for a bachelor party they were to perform at. Suddenly, the men broke it off when they learned to their surprise that their $300, or whatever, wouldn't mean they could fuck the dancers.
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    Shadowcat: sounds like a good way to be labeled the club jerk asking how much for an extra? It might be a nice fantasy some guys have to just go to any strip club and expect extras. I believe dancers will be offended at many if not most strip clubs unless they have customers like the above being jerks all the time.
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    I overheard a dancer be offended and it was at shadowcat's favorite club. The impression that strippers in general always do extras is a fantasy in my opinion and customers can offend. However, I guess if a stripper encounters enough guys like on here, they'll get used to it and won't be as offended by the question.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion