tuscl

Nickel and Dime

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Friday, November 22, 2013 1:04 PM
Was reading a recent review and it reminded me of another way clubs try to rip customers. We all know about the ridiculous ATM fees; yet some of us (me included :)) will often use the ATM if we are having a good time and want to keep having a good time. Besides the obscene ATM fees; I've had instances where a club's ATM only allows a $100 max withdrawal per transaction. In my mind they do this to force the PL to do multiple transactions and thus hit him up w/ multiple fees. Have you come across this situation?

15 comments

• txtittyfan
    11 years ago
    ATM fees are not a concern of mine. My debit card allows no fee withdrawals at any location.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I have an extra, extraordinary, excessive amount of hatred and vitriol for any form of ATM fee. Yet...I've paid that damn fee anyways and in spite of knowing I was a fool for falling prey to the clever machinations of the strip club industry. My cock has a mind of his own. I'm just an innocent bystander along for the ride.
  • aventador750
    11 years ago
    I encountered this in a club recently. The ATM charges 6$ and my bank $3 for using that. It's okay if I can get ~300 for an average visit. But if the limit is 100 then I am looking at $ 27 fees for the ATM. Which is money literally wasted from my perspective.
  • Ermita_Nights
    11 years ago
    I used the ATM at Landing Strip in Detroit once, and paid a $25 fee. Now I make sure I've got plenty of cash with me, at least $300, more if I'm making an evening of it.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    I have a policy against paying the outrageous ATM fees at strip clubs. I've only violated this policy once, and in my defense I was getting a blow job and couldn't stop.
  • bang69
    11 years ago
    I use cash. when the cash runs out. I walk out of the club & head home
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    @ Slick: I've experienced the same problem in my earlier years of clubbing with an ATM card in hand--low withdrawal amounts per transaction. @ jackslash: for the umpteenth time I'm agreeing with you! I make it a point to know where my own bank's ATM is located near the strip clubs I regularly go to. (I hate to admit it, but with only 13 clubs in my "local area," I think I can safely say I know where my ATM is nearby at all 13 clubs. But several are clustered, so there are a few examples where one ATM will "serve" two or three clubs.)
  • 10inches
    11 years ago
    I lock my credit and debit card (also car keys and cell phone) in a safe in the trunk of my car. run out of money--go home , fool
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    Yeah, I know this happens, but is it really the strip club doing that or the bank who owns the ATM? I don't think you can wholly blame the strip club on this. That said, I've gone to foreign ATMs that weren't in strip clubs and the fees charged aren't nearly as high as the ATMs at strip clubs.
  • SuperDude
    11 years ago
    ^^^The club gets a big cut of the ATM fees.
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    @SuperDude- I assume that's a mutual agreement between the bank and the strip club? I suppose this is something I never really thought about before. I mean, I know I shouldn't take more than I intend to spend, but sometimes, I just say fuck it.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    ALWAYS take more cash to a club than you expect to spend. Any person who uses a club ATM is a major FOOL! Use of Credit cards is also not a good idea. TOO much chance of bogus charges.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    “… Yeah, I know this happens, but is it really the strip club doing that or the bank who owns the ATM? …” Could be – but only in SCs have I had the issue of paying $5+ (up to $12) per ATM transaction and only in SCs have I ran into the $100 limit per transaction – just my personal experience - so what superdude states makes perfect sense to me – why else would only SCs have such outrageous fees?
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    I normally take a decent amount of cash to the SC but I’m not too keen on carrying a lot of extra cash on me b/c I may either lose it or have it stolen being that I go to dives all the time (I also either wear sweatpants that have very shallow pockets or shorts w/o pockets thus not making it very functional to store lots of cash or other things). I’m also more of a spur of the moment SCer – I don’t necessarily plan when I am going or exactly how much I’m going to spend (within reason). If I am having a good time and don’t feel like going home; I don’t want to limit my visit (and good time/fun) or cut it short b/c I wouldn’t want to go over a certain amount (i.e. what I brought to the club). Being a spur of the moment SCer; I rather make the most of a visit if I am having a good time and then back off a bit from visiting if I have overspent.
  • Ermita_Nights
    11 years ago
    Club ATMs (and most of those at places like convenience stores) aren't owned by a bank or by the club. An intermediary company owns them and gives the club owner a cut of the fee in exchange for being given the space for the machine. I always assumed these companies are owned by organized crime but I don't really know.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion