tuscl

Dancers demanding tips for doing nothing

SuperDude
Detroit, Michigan
Sunday, November 10, 2013 10:19 AM
At Tycoons in Detroit, and some other clubs, it's now routine for a dancer to walk up to you and ask for a tip. If you are sitting in a booth and tell the dancer that you are waiting for someone, she will not leave until she makes a pitch for tip. If I say "no" I have to listen to a long tale of woe about baby daddy, rent, car repairs and a weak economy. Where do these women get the idea that a customer is supposed to tip them on demand when no service has been provided. I will tip during a stage dance and after LD. A tip just because you ask for it is nonsense. This started at Tycoons and Coliseum in Detroit about a six months ago.

40 comments

• Alucard
    11 years ago
    Keep telling them no. Then complain to the management. If management sides with the Dancer, take your money to another club. Unfortunately there are many "persons" in the World today who expect something for NOTHING.
  • CarlosDanger
    11 years ago
    Is she topless/nude when she asks for the tip? If she is then that's not nothing. Do you get a quick motorboat for your tip?
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I hear ya. My favorite one is when they come around with "wanna dance" and you say no. Then they ask for a tip for their time. That gets a big "No thanks" from me.
  • Hard4Dancers
    11 years ago
    ONLY PAY FOR SERVICES RENDERED!!! Don't know HOW many times I have to say that.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "If she persists on a tip for doing jack shit then just slap her across the face and tell her to fuck off. I've done that a couple times and these dummies get the message and leave me alone" Then I am VERY surprised she didn't call the police & have you arrested for Assault & Battery. In her place I'd prosecute you to the FULLEST possible extent.
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    Hasn't happened to me often, but I've dealt with it a couple times. The last time was about a month ago or so on a slow Saturday night. A dancer approached me and asked for a tip. I know she could tell from my body language that I wasn't into her, because I wasn't paying her any attention, but she asked for a tip anyway. At first, she asked for a dance and I said no. She followed that up by asking for a tip and once again I said no. She eventually went away. Some of these girls need to take a hint
  • SuperDude
    11 years ago
    Nothing by the way of any service is given. Just walk up or sit down and start asking. No contact of any kind. Ruthless and no shame.
  • Corvus
    11 years ago
    Tell them "I was just about to tip you but I have a rule to never tip anyone who asks for a tip" I've done this with door girls before and the look on their faces is great.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    Must. Not. Bait. Trolls.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    Almost as bad as this are the clubs where dancers make a "tip trip" around the floor after their stage, in an attempt to extract a dollar from every single customer in the club. I recall San Diego clubs are like that. Others have commented that it's prevalent in other areas too. When I encounter a club that does that, I make an excuse to not tip the dancer, and then never go back to that club again.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    I don't care if they ask. If a simple "No, thank you" doesn't suffice, a word to management should. If that doesn't, *then* I'll abandon the place. However, I haven't had any instance since moving to Louisville, or even before then that I can remember, where the polite refusal to the dancer was met by anything more barely vocalized indignation or disgruntlement. In fact, I've been told that the practice of actually asking for tips is illegal here. I've never cared enough to find out if that's true or not.
  • SoonerSam
    11 years ago
    I go to a club where the DJ sends a dancer around periodically with a cup to get the custies to pay for the music. I usually tip the DJ early when I arrive so I usually decline. I can understand somewhat why the DJ does this, being one myself and knowing that we too work for tips (the club pays DJs next to nothing). But it's still pretty annoying to be hit up every hour or so. I think once is enough. As for the club I work at, we send dancers around every 30 minutes to do dollar dances. Girls will rub their titties in the customers' faces and grind on them for a few seconds for a dollar. At least that way, the customer is getting something for his dollar and it also provides them a preview of what a LD might be like from them.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "When I encounter a club that does that, I make an excuse to not tip the dancer, and then never go back to that club again." A good way to handle it.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    If one needs an "excuse" to decline to tip a dancer for doing nothing, then one is doing it wrong. If one allows oneself to be chased out of a club merely because a *dancer* is acting inappropriately, one is doing it wrong.
  • ime
    11 years ago
    I doubt OP actually ever slapped the dancer. Alucard if a man slapped you would you fight back, or call the cops? Just wondering, and for this imaginary scenario neither you nor thean who slapped you have a gun/weapon so it would be fair. Please reply only in this thread your PM Privilege has been revoked, if sent they go to board for any all viewers.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    ime, so NOW you are going to be a Privacy Violator, and joining the ranks of the others. ALL privacy violators should have their membership revoked. ime, I'd call the Cops.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    So "your way" is supposed to be the "right way" gmd?
  • ime
    11 years ago
    Not a privacy violator if you are told. The question was asked in public should be answered in [view link] you are a coward and dont let people PM you back so you deserve it. Weasels like you should be banned on just general policy. Would the police do anything if you say you were bitch slapped by another man? Probably laugh at you.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    alutard: "ALL privacy violators should have their membership revoked. " More hypocrisy (what is else new?) from alutard, who I distinctly remember cheering on troop's violations of Doc_Holiday's privacy. Admitted, alutard, you don't give a fuck one way or other about anyone's privacy and this is just another cross you want to hang from and to play persecuted hero? We are onto you a long time ago, already. Give it up already.
  • ime
    11 years ago
    I would think turn the other cheek or walk away would be more the way of the pious Alucard.
  • SuperDude
    11 years ago
    Whew! How did this thread open up all of that? All I complained about was being hustled for tips by dancers who do nothing to earn them. Now we're off into personal attacks. WTF.
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    SuperDude Sadly, that's what many threads turn into here lately TUSCL discussion board has seen it's better days
  • SuperDude
    11 years ago
    ^^^You may be right.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    @Alucard: "So 'your way' is supposed to be the 'right way' gmd?" Hey, if it's OK for YOU to express your OPINION, then it's ALSO OK for ME.
  • bang69
    11 years ago
    breaks out the dulling pistols for georgemicrodong & alucard. Ok guy's 10 paces then turn & fire
  • bang69
    11 years ago
    just ignore them
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    Nancy Reagan says, just say no.
  • Digitech
    11 years ago
    There sure are a lot more trolls on TUSCL than there used to be. That's why I have pretty much stopped reading/visiting the discussions. Maybe 5% troll posts versus real content can be entertaining, but it feels like we've now gone way past that and something like 60-70% of the posts I see are trolling. It's basically the same as StripClubList now. Anyway, this topic reminds me of how a busty blonde dancer at a club I used to visit would walk to the bar and order a drink, and while she was waiting, turn to a customer and say in a commanding voice, 'Give me a dollar.' Or, sometimes to help out a friend, she would say 'Give her a dollar.' She probably read it on Stripperweb or something as a way of squeezing out more tips. They also learn from eachother. Later on, after the original blonde dancer had left the club, a brunette offered me a lapdance. When I declined, she gave the usual 'Ok, let me know if you change your mind' spiel and starting to walk away. Then, she turned back and said 'Actually...give me a dollar.'
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "It's basically the same as StripClubList now." I agree.
  • lopaw
    11 years ago
    I treat tip requests the same way I treat the "buy the lady a drink" routine: NO.
  • SuperDude
    11 years ago
    Too many of us PLs are afraid to appear rude, so we cave into this guilt trip. It is now important to say "NO" and stick to it if that's what you believe.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    “… Too many of us PLs are afraid to appear rude …” Yeap – and many dancers seem to be well aware of this and seem to want to exploit this angle
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    @ GMD: I find it gets tiring to have to say no to a string of dancers. It's a lot easier to "just say no" to the club as a whole, and then go elsewhere.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "@ GMD: I find it gets tiring to have to say no to a string of dancers. It's a lot easier to "just say no" to the club as a whole, and then go elsewhere." Hmm...!
  • SuperDude
    11 years ago
    I have designed a lapel button 2" square that reads "Why Should I Tip You When You Have Done Nothing?" As soon as the company gets it to me I will wear it under the lapel of my sport coat and "flash" it at the right moment.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    @Club_Goer: I can see that if it's a *club* practice, and every dancer does it. Fortunately, I haven't seen that extent around here. It's just an occasional thing, and always from the same dancers, the ones who couldn't get a tip on stage if they offered free blowjobs.
  • rockstar666
    11 years ago
    If a hot girl comes up to me and chats for a few minutes I'll tip her, but I also never tip anyone who asks. A tip is for service above the required skill level, and the very act of asking means they need more skill.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Corvus kicked ass with that response.
  • august313
    10 years ago
    All, yes, random tip asking does happen, and is here to stay, although it never went away. So the lesson for dancers and shot girls is: Nothing ventured, nothing gained. If you don't ask, nothing. If you do ask, worse that happens is, nothing. And a parting fun tease will probably pay off...later. But the guilt trip does have a high payoff. PL solution is to man up, stay polite (slap? In Detroit? Death wish. Really?), ask for name, be nice, but firmly reply, "No thank you," and look away. First one that speaks after that loses. "Best way to avoid fight is do not go to it," Kesuke Miyagi. Now, if the dancer is attractive to you, say no thank you, but ask her to join you, buy a drink, and enjoy the reason that you are there.
  • SuperDude
    10 years ago
    I have been wearing my "No tip" button referenced earlier. Dancer sat down and asked for a tip. I showed her my lapel button, "Why should I give you a tip when you have done nothing?" She wanted to ask me 20 questions about where I got it and what made me wear it. I finally said, "I was thinking of you." She left.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion