tuscl

Strip Clubs Closing

sinclair
Strip Club Nation
Over the past year or two, I've seen a couple clubs in my region close down due to the economy. I was wondering if any others on here have been seeing a net loss of clubs in their areas?

Also, I came back from a hiatus on here and noticed that my review count shrunk by three. I do not think any of them have been flagged, but I do know some of the clubs I reported on are no longer open. When a club gets deleted from TUSCL, do reviews for that club also get deleted?

16 comments

• Alucard
    11 years ago
    Not in my area that I'm aware of.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    Sinclair, Glad to see you back.

Also, here in Seattle, some clubs closed over the past three years, but others opened to fill in the gap. I sense that for what little Seattle clubs offer, compared to other cities, that the remaining ones might do better if there were fewer. But, I it's likely there are fewer dancers, overall locally, than a few years ago.

Closed clubs don't get deleted on TUSCL. They should still be there. Just type in the club name in the search bar, along with "(closed)" following it, and the club should appear, with all of its former reviews. This example should be for Honey's, in Everett, WA which closed in 2010:

https://www.tuscl.net/stripclub.php?DID=…
  • Joker420
    11 years ago
    Yes
  • Ermita_Nights
    11 years ago
    I'm pretty sure there has been a net increase in the number of clubs here in the Detroit / Toledo area in the last few years.
  • Otto22
    11 years ago
    One of the clubs in Cocoa Beach has closed but is being remodeled to be reopened soon.
  • Dolfan
    11 years ago
    My review count "Total Reviews" hasn't gone down when clubs has closed, but "Clubs Reviewed" does go down when a club closes.

Are the clubs actually closing? Around here, I can't remember the last club that actually closed. They change names or move from time to time - but the count always stays the same.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    In the Atlanta area we lost two clubs but it was due to LE not the economy.
  • jack0505
    11 years ago
    I heard they closed a club in Rhode Island because they were pimping out 15-year-old girls there.
  • MrDeuce
    11 years ago
    Since the 90's in my region, off the top of my head, Indianapolis lost a few (Club Zeus, Sassy Kat's, Wild Cheri, Bud's) and Urbana lost the Malibu Bay Club, but Indy gained Classy Chassy, Terre Haute gained Club Coyote, and Toledo/Neoga (IL) gained the Schoolhouse, so it's more or less a wash. Actually, none of these losses was much of a loss, nor are any of the gains worth much. Just don't close my Brad's Brass Flamingo, Dancers, Hip Hugger, and Silver Bullet!
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    I do know that two of the bikini/pastie bars here in the Omaha area closed up in the last year or so, part of a longterm trend in the area. I remember a lot more options in the area when I moved here in 1996 than there is now. Not that they were good options, but it was better than nothing. They've had exactly 3 clubs in the area open up and stay open since I moved here, Saries/Spearmint Rhino in Carter Lake, the Playhouse near Council Bluffs and Shotgun Geniez in Hamburg (all in Iowa), except that the one in Hamburg is off the map as far as people from Omaha are concerned. But the number of places that closed up is much more than 3, even if they were just bikini bars. That also considers places like Fremont and Lincoln.
  • gatorfan
    11 years ago
    The world is ending if every strip club closed.
  • SuperDude
    11 years ago
    One new club is under construction on Eight Mile Road in Detroit. None of the top tier clubs have closed, yet, but their nickel and dimeing of customers is having a negative impact on the bottom line.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    " but their nickel and diming of customers is having a negative impact on the bottom line"

Not an unexpected reaction in a slower economy in the Motor City.
  • Hard4Dancers
    11 years ago
    [quote]None of the top tier clubs have closed, yet, but their nickel and dimeing of customers is having a negative impact on the bottom line.[/quote]

Hustler Club Detroit was the first failed top tier club, and the most recent one in town to open if I recall correctly. How they're still in business is beyond me.
  • joker44
    11 years ago
    In Missouri 6 to 8 marginal clubs closed after the very restrictive adult entertainment [no nudity, for one] law was upheld by the MO supreme court.

Clubs in major metro areas struggle because of the restrictions and the poor economy. Because getting a new license is very difficult older clubs hang on sometimes changing names and managers.

Nearby Kansas twice dodged getting the same restrictions but few KS clubs seem to be taking advantage by trying to lure MO custies across the state line.
  • joker44
    11 years ago
    BTW, welcome back sinclair.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion