tuscl

Would you quit clubbing if prices increased?

Saturday, October 5, 2013 1:28 PM
One of my favorite Cleveland clubs (Hustler) increased their lap dances from $20 per song to $30. The club also increased their cut from $5 to $10. Also Christie's downtown has started to phase out their $20 dances in exchange for $30 and $40 dance options. Mars Mens Club in Akron changed named to Evolution and increased dances from $10 to $20. Ever quit going to strip clubs due to price hikes?

39 comments

• Dougster
    11 years ago
    Nope, I'm in it for life. Prices go up I do more OTC less itc.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Dougster, you are wise beyond your years.
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    There was one club in my area which raised prices for lap dances from $25 to $30 several years ago, and they essentially returned it back to $25 because literally no one would buy any. This can also be explained in part by the fact that as prices were rising, dancer quality was dropping, but I don't remember which came first. That's probably a chicken or egg question there. Anyway, after prices went down, the quality girls returned. OTOH, you now have to buy a $5 wristband there, which wasn't true before, but at least that's only a onetime fee. As for the concept, I don't think price hikes would make me quit, but I'd probably go less often. If I lived in an area with lots of strip clubs, I'd probably end up taking my business elsewhere.
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    Virginia clubs are already over-priced as is. If they got any higher, it would be outrageous. That said, I probably wouldn't quit even if the prices increased. I would probably just go less often than I currently do.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    I doubt I would quit. But in general, I like blocks of VIP time, not individual dances.
  • MrDeuce
    11 years ago
    When Brad's Brass Flamingo in Indianapolis increased the price of a lap dance from $10 to $12 a few years ago, there was no effect on my frequency of visits or private dances. However, the price went up to $20 when Indy hosted Super Bowl XLVI in 2012, so I pretty much stopped going to Brad's altogether. I could find $10 dances at the Silver Bullet in Urbana (at the time -- now they're $15), the Hip Hugger in Kokomo, and (on Tuesdays) at Harem House and Babes, among others, in Indy. Now that Brad's has $12 dances every day from noon to 2 and all day Monday, I'm back as a semi-regular.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I have quit driving as often as I used to, the 240 miles to the Platinum Plus in Columbia SC due to price increases. The shoe is on the other foot now. Much better value right here in Atlanta.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    I follow motorhead's example.
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    I wrote Blush Pittsburgh off when they increased from $25 to $30. Now I hear they've gone to $35 per LD. WTF! Would I quite clubbing all together? IDK. Any CF considerations have to also be factored into the mileage/cost evaluation. However, in general, increasing prices proportionally decreases my motivation.
  • Ermita_Nights
    11 years ago
    When the "fancy" Detroit clubs went to $25 I did start going to the dives more. And I take advantage of the clubs that have $10 nights more than I used to. But I don't think I have been going less, just going to cheaper places. Overall it's been a good thing, as I now have an appreciation for the cheap places.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    ^^^ Then you don't require a constant parade of 9 rated or higher dancers vying for your $$$$?
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    Nope, I would just go less often.
  • Lone_Wolf
    11 years ago
    Man, thirty dollars per song?! I just don't see how that business model would work but, I've never owned a club so whatever. In the Phoenix area, the floor LD's are 10 bucks. If the price increased I would probably cut back on the number of visits and number of LD's I would get. No way would I pay 30 per song unless I was positive I would receive great value. Wow, thirty bucks for a 3 minute song. Must be a lot of people with big money in this country.
  • Ermita_Nights
    11 years ago
    Drac, there are times I want a parade of 9s, and I go to Flight Club. There are other times I want to observe the underbelly of SC culture and I go to La Chambre. Still other times I just want to hit and run, and I go to Bogart's or John's Hot Spot. And sometimes I just want to get a drink and chat with half naked girls, so I go to Toledo.
  • canny
    11 years ago
    If prices went up, I'd just do more ITC and less dances in the club. I went to a club this afternoon and two of the dancers gave me all of the signals that extras were available.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    I can’t see myself paying $30 for an ~3 minute LD. I’m no business man – but I don’t see to many businesses that have done better by increasing their prices. SCing is not that much of a necessity and in a weak economy; increasing prices is just going to drive away even more customers than have been already driven away by the soft economy – IMO.
  • bang69
    11 years ago
    I go clubbing when I have money & time
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    Not that I went more than once or twice a year but I swore I'd never set foot in The Men's Club again when they went to $40 lap dances.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    You're a Browns fan,you're used to being beat up.
  • mrrock
    11 years ago
    I agree with motor I prefer blocks not individual dances so shouldn't affect me. If they went up too much I'd just do less often as others have said.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    ^ But if clubs are raising their LDs; wouldn’t they be raising their VIP costs also? And probably dancer fees also? Meaning blocks of time would also go up?
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I was thinking the same thing, Papi.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    Man if prices piked up, I'd try to hustle back down first. And probably ONLY do VIP if the price is reasonable (clubs vary). But otherwise, I would probably quit...clubbing anyway. I find a girl I there and offer her some off the books lap dance sessions.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "And sometimes I just want to get a drink and chat with half naked girls, so I go to Toledo" A wonderful indictment of the Toledo Strip Club scene. LOL
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    @Papi: "SCing is not that much of a necessity and in a weak economy; increasing prices is just going to drive away even more customers than have been already driven away by the soft economy". I agree completely with this as I've said many times in my negative feedback theory posts. ----- @Papi & @shadow: Not necessarily. By increasing LD prices and not increasing block prices, the block purchase might look more attractive in comparison. Since 80% of revenue is coming for the 20% of customers who are regulars... the clubs are really trying to coax regulars into the block purchases while also driving the cheep skates like me out so that the low level LDs are not interfering with regulars buying blocks. The gambit is a few more block purchases yield more that the losses in LDs.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    mjx01 - Of course "Not necessarily". Oddly Follies raised the house fee on VIP rooms but left the table dance prices the same.
  • Gucci_Mane
    11 years ago
    I got so much paper that shit don't matter
  • SuperDude
    11 years ago
    The clubs are trying to milk ageing baby boomers and retirees, figuring they will pay whatever it costs to get next to a hot young thang. Younger guys, struggling to get or hold on to jobs, are not going to buy dances in volume at inflated prices. If us older guys revolt--instead of being revolting--we might be able to drive the prices back down. Tell the managers you're cutting back.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    "... If us older guys revolt--instead of being revolting ..." LOL - that was funny
  • Gucci_Mane
    11 years ago
    Lol
  • dallas702
    11 years ago
    If I lived in one of the many areas where dances were air or one way touch, yes, I probably would quit going if prices went up (if I were going at all). In those disadvantaged places (like Ohio) I am not sure I would ever bother going. OTOH, it would take a rather extreme increase in cost to keep me out of clubs where the action is hot.
  • londonguy
    11 years ago
    It wouldn't stop me. I would rather live with the regret of doing something than not doing it. If you can see the logic in that?
  • tsepmet1
    11 years ago
    The sad thing is that the dancers aren't benefiting from the price hikes at any of the 3 clubs you mentioned.
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    Maybe that's the symptom of the a club where the dancers are doing a lot of OTC. The club has to make its money on the front end, while the dancer and PL are getting to know each other well enough to do OTC.
  • SuperDude
    11 years ago
    The club owners/managers know that charging for booths and entry to VIP, raising LD prices in the past, jumping the prices of drinks, overcharging for dancer drinks, raising cover charges and requiring mandatory valet all generated additional revenue and did not erode the customer base. So what's a few dollars more for LDs? More money, no loss of customers. That's their mindset.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Any smart club owner already knows that a certain percentage of gals will do OTC from the jump. Since I've been clubbing since 1993, most topless ld's have been $20 and nude have been $40 in my neck of the woods. The same goes for most illicit activities from my perspective. No change in prices.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    If I'm still having fun without feeling ripped off, I will probably return. If I think the place is super boring and not fun at all, I stop visiting. I have visited certain clubs without ever buying a lap dance because I thought prices were too high even at the two for one price. They wanted 40 bucks even for the two for one. I became known as a regular who never bought lap dances. The club still had good value from my point of view. It was byob and fully nude stage tips for a dollar gave you a great view. Management changed and they killed the fun. I never returned. Most lap dances I buy now I do not feel a need to buy. I simply buy because the price doesn't seem that high for a little bit of fun. Raise the price out of the range I'm paying now and I'll drastically cut my spending and I believe so will most other guys. If the dancers can't make enough money they may quit or resort to finding work however they can. After many dancers quit, more people stop visiting the club and it becomes a downward spiral until the club management if they have a clue, wonders why no one is spending any money anymore or hardly no one visits either if there aren't any decent dancers left. I'm not going to sit in a club and pay inflated beer prices to watch ugly dancers.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    Lap dances are the *least* of my expenses in a club. Increasing the price would not have much of an effect.
  • skibum609
    11 years ago
    A local club has gone to $30, but added in hand jobs so its a tough call.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion