tuscl

Lap dances on credit

Saturday, December 3, 2005 5:32 AM
I had an experience the other night at a PT's club that I think has left me pissed off. I went into the private area with a dancer. She told me I could get one dance for $40, or 3/$100. I said that I would get one dance and see how it went. She said she needed the money up front, and I gave her two 20s. About halfway into the dance, I told her I was going to get three (meaning I would end up paying her another $60.). She then stopped dancing in the middle of the song and insisted that I get her the rest of the money then and there. She had the good graces to apologize, but said that it was "policy." I later got a dance from another girl. I knew I was going to get three dances from her, and reached over to the hook in the booth where my jacket was hanging, to get the money. She said, "no, that's OK, you can give it to me when we are done." So, it was obviously not "policy" that the customer must pay first, or at least not an inflexible policy. So, what's the deal with dancer no. 1? On one hand, I feel insulted, because I have certainly never stiffed a dancer (in fact, a dancer friend of mine thinks I grossly overpay). On the other hand, the dancer didn't know me from Adam, and I didn't expect her to call Experion and get my credit score. This was the first time in ten years I have ever been asked for the money upfront (not once, but twice, by the same dancer). Is it most people's experience that you have to pay first, or that payment comes at the end? I have to say, as easy a mark as I am, I don't tip at these prices, particularly not when I am used to $10 laps at Favorite Club.

13 comments

• komey1970
    19 years ago
    The local club I go to requires that the first dance be paid ahead of time. However, you can pay for any additional dances when you are done.
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    I usually pay cash for dances after I have finished. If a dancer wants to get more dances, she will often ask and may lower the price even more. I only use cash and no credit ever. I don't think I would pay $40 for a single dance even if I was really drunk. Well, if I just won a million dollar lottery and felt really good there might be a chance.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    CG, if you pay cash after the dance, that's credit the way the term is used in this thread. We're not talking about credit cards.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    The fact that paying first is so rare despite all the walkouts tells me that most guys must have a problem with it. And strippers know that customers spend more when they are extended credit - enough more that it makes up for the walkouts in the long run. I also wonder if this is yet another custom where the Midwest is more old fashioned/trusting than either coast.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I've been to a lot of clubs where you either have to buy the dance from someone other than the dancer (eg. Partner's Tavern) or where she has to give all or part of the money to someone else before you can head into the LD room (eg. Club Risque in Bristol.) In those places you always have to pay up front for the first dance, but not necessarily for additional ones. I've also run into situations where I'm dealing just with the girl but she will still ask for it up front, but that's usually her policy not the club's. Some girls just insist on being paid up front, probably because they've been burned, but it seems to be pretty rare in the places where I've been. I don't mind as long as they don't ask for a tip up front, that's annoying.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    In know girls who have been ripped-off for hundreds so, when I try a new dancer, I don't have a problem with her asking up front. It doesn't happen very often.
  • DandyDan
    19 years ago
    I've had a number of dancers at a number of places who will demand I pay for the first dance right away. I think it is general stripper paranoia. But if you want a second dance, they don't demand your money then, which I find odd. On the other hand, doing that would just kill the moment. There are a couple places in rural Iowa where it is standard policy to collect the money before you get a dance and if you want a second, you got to pay then and there. Of course, what ultimately happens is few people get lap dances. On the other hand, that's a policy that prevents the ripoff bitch from ripping you off, but on the other hand, the ripoff bitch wouldn't work there.
  • JC2003
    19 years ago
    Guys walk out of clubs without paying the talent for dances. You'd be surprised how often this happens.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    Where it really does neither party any favors is when you start out getting one dance, not knowing how many you're going to want. That's the way I always play it. What are you supposed to do, reach into you wallet at the start of each song? What if you don't have correct change each time? It seems pretty silly as opposed to telling her to keep going and then settling up at the end. I bet it inhibits impulse buying of multiple dances more than it prevents stiffing (definitely no pun intended).
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    Jpac73: Yes, after a couple of minutes I could tell that her dances were good enough I was going to want to three back-to-back. All my work is done on credit.. On the other hand, insurance companies may be better risks for payment than your typical PL (I hope so) And, in all fairness, dancers satisfy their customers at a much higher rate than do lawyers...
  • minnow
    19 years ago
    CTL: Demanding payment upfront for regular dances is unusual, that attitude IMPLIES, that you're a deadbeat, that's a real "boner killer" for something that is supposed to be a fantasy experience.
  • Jpac73
    19 years ago
    Chitown: Why did you decide halfway through the dance that you wanted to get more? Was she giving you that much contact to make you want another one right away? Yeah the girl was a Ass and shouldn't have done anything like that. It may be club policy to get the money before the dance starts but I highly doubt that it says to stop in the middle of a dance to collect more money. There are some places that ask for the money upfront and others that don't. As long as I get a good dance I don't care either way.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    That's the custom in San Francisco. The dancers there think it's weird that there are places where you don't pay first. I didn't mind it too much, but I do mind when one dancer does it where it's not the norm. And stopping in the middle of the song like that is always uncalled for.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion